What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	E79ECC36-2BED-4124-B76E-341DCCE0174D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	187.1 KB ID:	17922276
Click image for larger version  Name:	E79ECC36-2BED-4124-B76E-341DCCE0174D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	187.1 KB ID:	17922276
NH x C5M

Happy Times

I shouldn’t complain, haze is just... slow. I put this last mex haze under leds and its liking it(well the resin is). Back in the day I noticed sativas liked metal halide better especially helped resin production. I used to run both and the sativas under mh were just better.
Next 4 days are meh, all rain so it will finish under Mars hydro commercial led.

interesting on the MH comment, the strain Metal Haze comes to mind, I think it was from Dutch Flowers who is no longer around?

Sub24ox7

When I used only metal halide I would have more leaf but really happy plants and resin really grew on sativas. With hps I got a slightly higher calyx leaf ratio. So for like 10 years I ran plants under both at the same time. 1 600 watt metal halide and 1 600 watt hps. Excellent results with both at same time.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I have a seedling that shows it now, seen it virus caused and genetic..this seedling was showing by the second node and is oh so beautiful...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSwJ0FEspum0THi892OEaEmWWxBlWXvkMylsvM0/ There a mate of mine posted some pics of it, there are even branches that are completely chlorophyll free, funny it seems like the one with the beast vigour of its generation of beans popped.

for sure its a purdy trait ,,catches the eye ,,couldnt see your pic as i dont have insta ,,,not sure what ill do with this one as its a cross for outdoor purposes and ive already got two females in flo an two males with flowers on 18 hr following the outdoor genetics traits ,,

Bmac1

Veteran
i hope they dont mold for you so you can let them go as long as needed bmac,
fingers crossed for a trouble free finish ,
they look great too btw , im itching to hear your thoughts on the finished product ,
if they are half as good to toke as they look we will be winning for sure ..

Fingers crossed over here. I took a little sample of each one to begin drying. They were branches that had almost bent off anyway.

The C5/Mango x C5/Mango smells great and is the one I have pegged as definitelywanting to run again. I got the loupe out today and she is mostly cloudy with some amber just starting to show so I do think that minus a heatwave, she will be a 12-13 week plant for sure. The sweetness and that grassy incenseis really melding together nicely.

The Mango fat one is certainly fat, lol. Some of these colas are as long as my whole arm. I'm not a huge fan of just how she looks but I know that isn't everything. She is a little airy and half the amount of trichomesas the f2. The pissy notes are really coming forward on this one now. Her trichs are starting to turn milky with still some clear so I think she is a 13-14 week plant.

The GMO in there with them is a 12 week plant and despite having about 5% amber trichomes, she is still pushing out pistils. I will likely keep a few nugs of this one and squish the rest.

Monday will be 13 weeks of 12/12. I expect to get the axe out by the 14 week mark for sure.

I am having visions of a full tent of the f2 colas already. I hope, and do believe, the smoke will be on point.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A while back, Karma G shared some amazing genetics with me. I started a couple of the Bandaid Haze #7 x A5 Haze fems - to see what surfaced. [Cuban Black Haze x (A5/Thai)] x A5.

One plant - reminded me of an early 90's NL5/Haze pheno from DrLongBottom called Stu. Had the same sweet fruity/gummy smell. It had my attention for a bit and the sibling was left neglected in less than 1/2 gallon of soil. Months passed.

I went for a trip to attend an event and ended up chilling with PiffCoastFarms who was kind enough to share some of his Cuban Black Haze, NYC Piff and NYC Brown Haze samples with me. In part, it confirmed what I was afraid of, my #cannavixen is a true haze head through and through. It resonates with her.

I have smoked hazes. I have smoked sativas. I've smoked blue dream and always called it mersh. I smoked Santa Cruz Blue Dream grown by gmanwho and became pretty much an instant fan. You could taste the haze. The effects were artistic. Visual.

However, smoking these legendary NYC hazes - really gave me some massive perspective. The Cuban will make your legs wobbly but is more of a social up. The Brown is up but more introspective and very long lasting. The high is visual and in the eyes, making colors pop and things brighter, but the high is a bit muddy - not quite as lofty and has a bit more body to it if compared to the Piff. The Piff - has an absolutely crystal clear high. The clearest effect of any cannabis I've ever smoked. VERY interesting. VERY different. I get and understand now, WHY - there is such legend around these plants.

But what I also learned and recognized instantly when sampling these plants - was I had a plant at home that on a stem rub, smelled EXACTLY like these legends and I was really messing up not keeping it in prime health. The BH7/A5 plant I'm holding has a serious maxxxed out piff haze note - but it is underscored by a notable carroty spice - not a sweetness. More of a coastal windblown alfalfa spice / woodiness as a lingering 2nd/3rd note. I've been nursing this plant back to health. I ALMOST lost her - just because I wasn't paying attention.

She's recovering from root rot and being massively root bound for far too long - but she is giving fresh healthy new growth. When she's healthy again, I'll have to show her off properly. Stay tuned...seems I'll be growing more haze in the future.

dank.Frank

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Got Jimi ringing in my head!!! Purple haze going in my brain!!! Bring on the haze...Love them...I still miss loosing those hash plant haze girls I had long time back through ignorance..I just flowered them out, s1 freebies from DNA, I was like freebies ok and just put them into the greenhouse..was crying when harvesting them down having not taken cuts before that...brushing past a plant would even outstink the cheese in the greenhouse, but with pure frankincense, the girls were all identical..I gave a mate a while later, a neighbor a section to smoke and a few days later he came past again looking very rattled asking please for some cheese or chilled weed to smoke and was asking me if I had laced that last weed I gave him, he couldn't smoke it anymore. Though I'd put some speed in it or something LOL..I'm not a big fan of speed. Was just the weed it was like that, lighting a joint would make the room smell like a church but would not translate to flavour. The weed would be so zingy and a bit paranoia inducing and would keep you up or make you get really excited and erratic and mess with your short term memory as it does..And it was all purple red at the end not one bit of green on the plant.. Still miss loosing what I never knew I had. Don't think DNA released that or gave it out again..hollywood haze..yes please..So many superb special haze hybrid cuts, all so different from each other..far cry from the bottlenecked mostly bland genepools of today. Mostly..of course there is a lot of good stuff around today as well...but alot is incomparable to the old WRT terps.

Last edited:
A while back, Karma G shared some amazing genetics with me. I started a couple of the Bandaid Haze #7 x A5 Haze fems - to see what surfaced. [Cuban Black Haze x (A5/Thai)] x A5.

dank.Frank

Weird promo. Did event #2 actually happen? I've smoked Karmas grow. I know why you neglected them.. But not why youre calling it piff. On icmag.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Here's my 4x4 of my Todd's OHaze female crossed to a PurpAl Bx1 male.

3 plants 3 color phenos. One Purple, one green, and one purple and green
IMG_20210817_105531991.jpg
IMG_20210817_105501874.jpg
IMG_20210821_130006542.jpg
IMG_20210817_105525359.jpg
IMG_20210821_125957083.jpg
IMG_20210817_105518015.jpg
IMG_20210821_125942622.jpg
IMG_20210821_125932069.jpg
IMG_20210817_105525359.jpg

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weird promo. Did event #2 actually happen? I've smoked Karmas grow. I know why you neglected them.. But not why youre calling it piff. On icmag.

What are you even on about? A bunch of half statements that contribute nothing.

What promo?
What is event #2?
Why did I neglect them???
Where did I call it "piff"? Please. DIRECT quote.
Why does it matter where I post it?

Again, if you have something to say - just say it. I don't have time for middle school bull shit.

All I said was I have a plant I started from seed that Karma shared with me - and after smoking some famous NYC hazes, I was aware I potentially had something exciting on my hands. Why that garnered such a response baffles me.

dank.Frank

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like I got 2 THH females and 1 male, Both are doing great. They dont look to be the same phenotype. Ill need to tie them up soon. Im letting these dry out a lot before feeding again. This works well. I moved them into the main flower room. No sex on the OH 90 yet. These and the male are still in the veg room male tent.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1008.JPG Views:	0 Size:	257.4 KB ID:	17923725
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1011.JPG Views:	0 Size:	192.3 KB ID:	17923726

Happy Times

One plant - reminded me of an early 90's NL5/Haze pheno from DrLongBottom called Stu. Had the same sweet fruity/gummy smell. It had my attention for a bit and the sibling was left neglected in less than 1/2 gallon of soil. Months passed.

I went for a trip to attend an event and ended up chilling with PiffCoastFarms who was kind enough to share some of his Cuban Black Haze, NYC Piff and NYC Brown Haze samples with me. In part, it confirmed what I was afraid of, my #cannavixen is a true haze head through and through. It resonates with her.

I have smoked hazes. I have smoked sativas. I've smoked blue dream and always called it mersh. I smoked Santa Cruz Blue Dream grown by gmanwho and became pretty much an instant fan. You could taste the haze. The effects were artistic. Visual.

However, smoking these legendary NYC hazes - really gave me some massive perspective. The Cuban will make your legs wobbly but is more of a social up. The Brown is up but more introspective and very long lasting. The high is visual and in the eyes, making colors pop and things brighter, but the high is a bit muddy - not quite as lofty and has a bit more body to it if compared to the Piff. The Piff - has an absolutely crystal clear high. The clearest effect of any cannabis I've ever smoked. VERY interesting. VERY different. I get and understand now, WHY - there is such legend around these plants.

But what I also learned and recognized instantly when sampling these plants - was I had a plant at home that on a stem rub, smelled EXACTLY like these legends and I was really messing up not keeping it in prime health. The BH7/A5 plant I'm holding has a serious maxxxed out piff haze note - but it is underscored by a notable carroty spice - not a sweetness. More of a coastal windblown alfalfa spice / woodiness as a lingering 2nd/3rd note. I've been nursing this plant back to health. I ALMOST lost her - just because I wasn't paying attention.

She's recovering from root rot and being massively root bound for far too long - but she is giving fresh healthy new growth. When she's healthy again, I'll have to show her off properly. Stay tuned...seems I'll be growing more haze in the future.

dank.Frank

Cool story about that one plant DF- have you ever flowered her out so far? Hope you caught a gem there, sure are some great parents in the lineage

FletchF.Fletch

420club
What a great name:biglaugh:for a Haze!

Hey star crash!! Big admirer of your excellent work.

Yeah, I would've gotten this one just for the name. Then, factor in the genetics: AG13xC5. I think this strain is going to be a Bad Motherf....

Shout out and thanks to Yo Sammy!!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo Sammy is legendary :smoker: here’s a pic of his recent Isaac Haze grow …Im a fan boy I hope he doesn’t mind:shucks:
Click image for larger version  Name:	0A1587D6-F3AA-4C58-8FCC-DFE48FDB22C2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	126.0 KB ID:	17924055
Click image for larger version  Name:	29C6C611-6733-4E5C-AF1C-827B53400032.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	210.4 KB ID:	17924056
Click image for larger version  Name:	60E4ADDF-5AB4-4BA6-9A43-71F7FCF779D4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	17924057