What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Well, if you look at Trident Seeds the guy(s) actually travels round to different villages and collects the seeds. He shows the plants in their native habitats and explains the history and aromas etc... I used to follow their ig acct before when they were Landrace Mafia just for the cool info and pics.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know them and I can't judge them (after all I have landrace seeds too), it's just that I see an explosion of "seedbanks" of local varieties, generally all the same, and it seems a bit suspicious .....

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Soon I will also start selling seeds officially, selling rare varieties like skunk, northern lights and original haze LOL
(F1, obviously)

unnamedmike

Soon I will also start selling seeds officially, selling rare varieties like skunk, northern lights and original haze LOL
(F1, obviously)

🤣🤣🤣 You gonna need some social media, were to spread false data about the strains that you are doing seeds, and were to talk shit about Neville. A shitty quality control and costumer service, is mandatory. And then you gonna be on business.

unnamedmike

You can blame the Haze discussion for this revival:biglaugh: …yeah baby!
As many of you already know, my sarcastic comentary is 100% haze related. The only posittive thing that i can do with this situation, is make acid jokes, and spread all the love that i received 😁

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like making unique pairings none have done.. I've noticed more are starting to use Haze/Sats, it's still not enough.. Gonna pick something from these.. I might try the Seedmans OH next?. OH is from Todd
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2038.JPG Views:	0 Size:	214.7 KB ID:	18021450

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I don't know them and I can't judge them (after all I have landrace seeds too), it's just that I see an explosion of "seedbanks" of local varieties, generally all the same, and it seems a bit suspicious .....

I hear that 👍 and it wouldnt be the first internet scam to come out of one of these countries, lol..
But then again, why wouldnt these people have access to the local seeds/genetics if they're from these regions? Its not like something magical happen to all the seeds when a westener lands in one of these countries to collect them, lol. Some of these guys have been out in the fields learning how to make hand rubbed charas in their families tradition/trade since they could walk (you can tell they have an intimate connection with the plant by their write ups).. I always imagined it would have been the fields of these sort of farmers that whoever went collecting seeds back in the day, sourced their seeds from (?). I didnt imagine they were from random wild plants dotted here and there, rather planted fields of local farmers. But maybe I'm wrong. I've never tried their stuff, I was just intetested to know if anyone else had looked at their pics or read their write-ups etc. They're really interesting 👍 They would be awsome for this site. Its like looking through a National Geographic of cannabis landraces in their natural environments👊

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
From what i heard the guy behind the Zomia is a good guy.

I saw a few things i liked but i did not see any of the types of Thai plants we were growing in the days from seed we found in imported lines or from seed people had collected while in Thailand.

But 100% behind the idea and they plan on offering other things from regains like Cambodian / Laos / India. More people that do it the better.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Just to be clear: I didn't want to discredit anyone with my post, obviously it's good that there are those who market the local varieties, but as customers (and cannabis lovers) it is right to choose the honest traders .... (and report who wants to cheat customers )

Piff_cat

Hempy I think they just got done on a new expedition and gathered some more classic lines you might like tigers tail snake teeth thai mango etc. I like how the guy actually goes on site and also operates it like a fair trade co op giving the farmers a fair price. The history is also cool se asian culture holds so much knowledge about science especially agriculture. From what I read king rama v in the 1800s was a big proponent to medicinal cannabis and worked w bankok University to proliferate it

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Cannabis had a big part in society and then came prohibition. The bull shit coming out of big pharma / researchers about Medical cannabis in 2021 was know 1000s of years ago by many country's.

Modern genetics some i think are amazing and are game changing for many growers but the old land races / heirloom variety's are very important and i would go as far as saying very valuable to all of us in more than a monetary way.

JohnnyChicago

I like making unique pairings none have done.. I've noticed more are starting to use Haze/Sats, it's still not enough.. Gonna pick something from these.. I might try the Seedmans OH next?. OH is from Todd

You should grow the OH from Todd if you want flower them under 12h of darkness.
Seedsman won't flower under 12h. At least when it is from me, do not try it.
Mac's "Seedsman" and "1990" are also very similar to each other....
Therefore I recommend you OH x THH.
I had the 1990 x THH myself and liked it.
Seedsman x THH could even be better.

1990 OH (Golli) x THH
Click image for larger version Name:	DSCN2038.JPG Views:	0 Size:	214.7 KB ID:	18021450
Click image for larger version Name:	DSCN2038.JPG Views:	0 Size:	214.7 KB ID:	18021450

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey good morning gentlemen (and Ladies:flowers2:) …listen a few days ago someone brought up something & they were describing Nevil’s reaction to some kind of weed that had lung Expanding properties >>> can anybody provide more information and elaborate on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.