What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info.. I can't change the lighting on/off times in the main room. I have at least 6 different hybrids all in at the same time so 12/12 is what they all get. Im curious does everyone growing haze use 11/13 or some other schedule?. I brought up doing Hazes in a tent separate from the main flower room. If they require fewer lights on time I should do that. I'll have even less room to work with, height will be an issue for sure.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
its best to try to replicate the hours of most tropical locations if you are growing plants from such a location ,
most of them will veg or at least not flower properly unless the hours drop below 12/12 ,
this would account for the never ending flowering you had ,
11/13 is the usual go to for pure sativas ,
i live in the tropics and that replicates our shortest day exactly , the longest is 13/11 ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's def important info. I always thought 11/13 was not required just a suggestion. I'll have to figure out something other than the main flower room for hazes.

Alpenglow

I've seen something about light and the effect of darkness on cannabis in general yesterday.

Wish i could pack it in spoilers as its not Haze specific :(

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
All sativas will flower indoors under 12/12 but i like to run them at 11/13 in flower.

You can run them as low as 7/17 but you will see a reduction in yield.

unnamedmike

All sativas will flower indoors under 12/12 but i like to run them at 11/13 in flower.

You can run them as low as 7/17 but you will see a reduction in yield.
I saw that my two destroyer mum and the other sativas tend to flower quickly under my natural sun, between 11 to 13.5 h/ day than under 11/13 indoor, for the record

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Also what few know is even in the tropics the sun becomes further away from the earth at set times of the year as the earth tilts as one hemisphere goes from winter to summer.

Why even in the tropics you have cooler temps and less light intensity at set times of the year.

The time a sativa is placed into flower is one part but as important is the light intensity the plants receive in flower compared to veg now if you want your sativa plants to continue to throw out veg shoots and your flowers to not fully fill out keep them close to the intense light.

If you want your sativa plants to fill out and mature right then as they go into flower place them on the outer of your grow space or tie train the plants away from the light.

Sativas mature from the top down outdoors indoors they mature from the bottom up.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea i dunno about that one hemps ,
the intensity of light from a hid bulb is nothing compared to the tropical sun to be honest ,
its not the intensity , its the type of spectrum and how it hits the plants i think , maybe its being directly overhead they dont like ,
because intensity and heat are 2 things they get plenty of from tropical sun even as the season wanes .....
i think dj short touched on this at some point , how the arc of the sun gives a different affect as it lowers in the sky in tropical locations ,
and one needs to mimick it in order for the plants to do the right thing ,
i guess its always best we try to replicate the conditions specific varieties are from if we are using artificial lights etc ...

so the sun doesnt travel far , it goes from the tropic of capricorn to the tropic of cancer ,
ie hawaii to rockhampton ,
and it is directly overhead twice a year in the tropics ,
many places still get temps up to 30 degrees celcius during winter,
and its still plenty strong enough to burn the skin , specially if you are a whitey from a temperate climate ...

romanoweed

its of course the Lightspectrum.
Why should a Plant that neads that much Sun to even grow, not react strange on a Lightspectrum that does not only leak in certain Colors compleetly, but has a compleetly uneven Spectral balance.
When we humans eat, we notice tiny differences.. Would someone give us Food made out Aromas, and not even well composed.. Well...

William76

Hybrids and indicas will flower fine in 11 hours light and 13 hours dark,try it hammer!,I use ot all the time when I'm running a mixed room.76

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My racism aside I want my plants of any type to end flower in the most intense light they can stand. Light deps here in California say the strongest smoke comes from buds that end flower in the summer, like July or so. I think the angle of the light and all that is not likely to do much.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Actually, you're both wrong.
The main reason is obviously systemic racism and the patriarchy of sis, white, males repressing the full ripening of the foreign, female flowers. Obviously.

You know... The other day I was wondering when the woke LGBT movement would hit the grow scene. It means no more forcing plants to show sex... No more culling herms. In fact we must all embrace the intersex trait. Pistils and stamens together on the same cola in all it's glory!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
My racism aside I want my plants of any type to end flower in the most intense light they can stand. Light deps here in California say the strongest smoke comes from buds that end flower in the summer, like July or so. I think the angle of the light and all that is not likely to do much.

your probably growing hybrids rather than pure sativas ???
im just guessing anyhow , making assumptions , haha ,
if so then your correct the angle of the light makes little difference ,
i grow hybrids that flower during our hottest month also and agree it enhances the potency of them ,
im sure they get more resin on them , which equates to stronger pot ... imho...

however the sativas dont like it at that time of year because the hours are a bit too long ,
and still increasing ,
and the sun his high in the sky ,
even sativa dominant types dont like it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.