What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub24ox7

They do exceptionally well outdoors with light dep here. They grow huge plants.
I am still trying to figure out the best method for indoors. I used to grow them in living soil and would up pot into a huge pot once a little ways into flowering. That works and so does from cuttings into hydroton flood and drain table. But I am having more trouble keeping them truly happy in promix. Idk
I prefer growing them outdoors light dep. can’t wait for next season. IMO they shine outdoors.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Haze grows monster plants. What we think is quality from an indoor plant would most likely be much better done outdoor. The last few pages are perfect examples of this.

People grow indoors because cannabis is not legal in most places and even were it is people still grow indoors for many other reasons.

With the right Environment and know how sativas can be grown well in or out doors.

A lot of the Haze breeding has been done indoors even Sam's Hortapharm is in Green Houses and that is also indoors.

Any plant grown in the ground with a full spring and summer to veg is going to end up a lot larger than a indoor plant given 4 weeks veg only.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
People grow indoors because cannabis is not legal in most places and even were it is people still grow indoors for many other reasons.

With the right Environment and know how sativas can be grown well in or out doors.

A lot of the Haze breeding has been done indoors even Sam's Hortapharm is in Green Houses and that is also indoors.

Any plant grown in the ground with a full spring and summer to veg is going to end up a lot larger than a indoor plant given 4 weeks veg only.
Here in the USA that's not the case. More states are legal now than illegal.. The only thing there all waiting for is the feds to change there legal status and change the scheduling. This map might be old now

It still doesn't change the fact the haze will always grow better outdoor.
Click image for larger version  Name:	Project2.png Views:	0 Size:	774.4 KB ID:	18019389

Project3.png

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Any plant will grow larger when planted in the ground as it has unlimited root space and a full spring and summer for vegetation makers for the larger plants that's a fact Hammer.

Indoor growing started in the 70s and grew in the 80s and people were growing Sativas.

Up until Nevil who started breeding variety's for specifically indoor growing most only grew sativas indoors.

Indoor sativas if you do things right can produce just as good as out doors. If you have the head space and light you can grow 7m sativas indoors to no reason you cant.

I like growing in or out doors and to be honest the way the Environments is heading you be lucky to pull an out door grow with out having massive loss from out doors.

Fires /storms /droughts to mice and rat plagues has been the new normal for most here.

I dont see indoor growing as a indica or indica heavy only domain.

LostTribe

Premium user
There was a batch sent to kanga of nevils haze from 2004...those are more thicker steamed with less leaves ect...then the 1997 batch that nevil made himself were sent......the exact same batch leet was given afew seeds of an the exact same batch shanti himself recently popped to try an find parents from again.....nevil wouldn't touch the 2004 batch an said it wasnt right....but shanti quckly jumped on the forum an said that kanga was growing the seeds he had sent him..but failing to mention that nevil had the 1997 batch an kanga was also sent the 2004 batch.

Ghs also definitely sourced some old school cuttings..but they were sourced after nevil left Holland...but I dont think arjan likes keeping clones

This would mean that Shanti did not in fact have the mother plants to work with all along.

LostTribe

Premium user
How did you come to that conclusion Lost ?

There was a batch sent to kanga of nevils haze from 2004...those are more thicker steamed with less leaves ect...then the 1997 batch that nevil made himself were sent......the exact same batch leet was given afew seeds of an the exact same batch shanti himself recently popped to try an find parents from again.....nevil wouldn't touch the 2004 batch an said it wasnt right.

Deductive reasoning. The current MNS NH is of poor quality. I ran probably 5 of them a few years ago all the same and all got tossed in the compost bin. We've been over this. Simply a statement that it is my belief that Nevil gave Shanti seeds. It doesnt seem likely that he indeed gave Shanti the cuts or there is the possibility that Shanti lost the cuts as well. Speculation of course. Don't get your feathers riled up old buddy! Why wouldnt Nevil have gotten the cuts back from Shanti if he had them? All signs point to Nevil giving Shanti seed stock to sell rather than the cuttings.

Don't you agree that the old green MNS packs are indeed different stock to the yellow packs? My mns auctions came in a tiny blue melted straw like tube. The only other comment on the recent NH is that they are uniform in structure and have similar bad tastes and not worth smoking effect wise, so hard to say maybe his mom's got dudded or infected with some type of pathogen or maybe they are another filial generation which he himself created from f1 seed.

That one pack of NH turned me off to trying anything at MNS. Too bad as I would have liked to find something close to AfgT....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Deductive reasoning. The current MNS NH is of poor quality. I ran probably 5 of them a few years ago all the same and all got tossed in the compost bin. We've been over this. Simply a statement that it is my belief that Nevil gave Shanti seeds. It doesnt seem likely that he indeed gave Shanti the cuts or there is the possibility that Shanti lost the cuts as well. Speculation of course. Don't get your feathers riled up old buddy! Why wouldnt Nevil have gotten the cuts back from Shanti if he had them? All signs point to Nevil giving Shanti seed stock to sell rather than the cuttings.

Don't you agree that the old green MNS packs are indeed different stock to the yellow packs? My mns auctions came in a tiny blue melted straw like tube. The only other comment on the recent NH is that they are uniform in structure and have similar bad tastes and not worth smoking effect wise, so hard to say maybe his mom's got dudded or infected with some type of pathogen or maybe they are another filial generation which he himself created from f1 seed.

That one pack of NH turned me off to trying anything at MNS. Too bad as I would have liked to find something close to AfgT....

With all due respect Lost if you and others did a little research you would know that Nevil him self validated publicly that he gave shanti his plant library and a lot of other things in seed and only Shanti it was posted.

I posted and responded to Darks post a page or so back on what Nevil grew and why he wanted them seed of Nevils Haze specifically.

I have not grown current MrNice seed so i cant comment all my seed i collected started 2 decades back.

Nevil wanted to grow Nevils Haze he him self made and shanti still had some.

The Green packs of Nevils haze sold by MrNice were seed Nevil had made it was no secret shanti had posted it.

So lots and lots of growers got them once they ran out Shanti just made fresh seed same plants as Nevil used.

Kash took a picture of the HzC male in one of shantis rooms in 2005/2006 that is after shanti had the Swiss drama and it is the only picture of the HzC plant that i know of that was ever posted.

I have also seen a pic of the mother of Nevils Haze the real one and that was taken by shanti .

I have not followed peoples grows for almost a decade i just follow what i am doing and what some are up to on here now.

Montuno

...como el Son...
I thought "sensimilla" simply means flower without seed/unpolinated cannabis? Has that changed now too?

Cierto.
Sinsemilla (no "sensimilla", y acortado "sinse" y no "sensi": creo que ya es hora de corregir ese error, que creo viene de cuando en Jamaica se adoptó el término del español (y el concepto de cultivo que significa): simplemente cannabis cultivado sin dejar que machos polinicen a las hembras.

Certain.
Sinsemilla (not "sensimilla", and shortened "sinse" and not "sensi": I think it is time to correct that error, which I believe comes from when the term from Spanish was adopted in Jamaica (and the concept of cultivation that means): simply cannabis grown without allowing males to pollinate females.

goingrey

Cierto.
Sinsemilla (no "sensimilla", y acortado "sinse" y no "sensi": creo que ya es hora de corregir ese error, que creo viene de cuando en Jamaica se adoptó el término del español (y el concepto de cultivo que significa): simplemente cannabis cultivado sin dejar que machos polinicen a las hembras.

Certain.
Sinsemilla (not "sensimilla", and shortened "sinse" and not "sensi": I think it is time to correct that error, which I believe comes from when the term from Spanish was adopted in Jamaica (and the concept of cultivation that means): simply cannabis grown without allowing males to pollinate females.

Language changes and adapts, especially when words cross over from other languages. Even the Spanish sin semillas is an adaptation of the Latin sine semen - yet no one is suggesting that it is an error. In English the equivalent would be sans seeds, so if anything it should be "sanse". But no - sensi is a well established and beloved term, and has been for decades.

Cierto.

Certain.

Meh,. "Potato/potato" :joint:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Language changes and adapts, especially when words cross over from other languages. Even the Spanish sin semillas is an adaptation of the Latin sine semen - yet no one is suggesting that it is an error. In English the equivalent would be sans seeds, so if anything it should be "sanse". But no - sensi is a well established and beloved term, and has been for decades.

No es una adaptación del latín : este concepto y forma de cultivar, aplicado al cannabis, no existía cuando el latín era una lengua viva.
El parecido se debe simplemente a que el español proviene del latín (mezclado con árabe, griego, vasco/euskera y gallego/portugués...)

It is not an adaptation of Latin: this concept and way of cultivating, applied to cannabis, did not exist when Latin was a living language. The resemblance is simply due to the fact that Spanish comes from Latin (mixed with Arabic, Greek, Basque / Euskera and Galician / Portuguese ...)

Salud!

TheDarkStorm

I heard some talk on brinsta of them putting out a rino x afghan haze......it should technically push heavily toward the afghan t side....might be worth looking into if your looking for the afT

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, Why even bother trying to explain anything. I think the majority here are open to other's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.