What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I would say she looks Haze but that dose not mean she cant smoke like the Thai or a mix of set parents.

This is the Thai in early Flower.

image_540336.jpg

The Thai has a unique trait once in flower she only throws out single blade leaf.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would say she looks Haze but that dose not mean she cant smoke like the Thai or a mix of set parents.

The Thai has a unique trait once in flower she only throws out single blade leaf.

What kind of Nutrients are you using?. Here it seems all nutrient vendors mix poorly for haze.

OldCoolSativa

I agree with that. That Thai plant must be 14 weeks old and it looks perfect. I used Hempy buckets with Jack's 3-2-1 for a couple of years but could never get my sativas to look very good as they crossed the finish line. That's why I switched to living organic soil (and, obviously, still have a lot to learn). Admittedly, I didn't check and adjust pH as often as I should have, but that Thai plant is just in a different league of health and vigor.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have some Hybrids that do this.

I think most USA based nutrient vendors don't even know how to mix up a line for haze. The knowledge isn't there. This should be looked into.

All done with my THH male. I got a nice pollen stash now. Both packs will fit into this container for storage in my mini fridge genetic vault...,
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1624.JPG Views:	0 Size:	201.1 KB ID:	17976396 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1624.JPG Views:	0 Size:	201.1 KB ID:	17976396

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I agree with that. That Thai plant must be 14 weeks old and it looks perfect. I used Hempy buckets with Jack's 3-2-1 for a couple of years but could never get my sativas to look very good as they crossed the finish line. That's why I switched to living organic soil (and, obviously, still have a lot to learn). Admittedly, I didn't check and adjust pH as often as I should have, but that Thai plant is just in a different league of health and vigor.

That plant grew 7 ft up and then i trained / tied it side ways were it grew 7 ft more and she flowed for a long time.

I use canna nutrients have for years but its not the nutrients its what i do that i have shared with you all for years that is key to keeping them healthy indoors.

When you grow heavy sativa hybrids or sativas indoors you have to do things a little different to growing them out doors.

Full feeding until flowering starts then you watch the plants they will tell you if they are not happy. When you start to see there not happy i go to half strength feeding.

I watch closely some times you may need to reduce the nutrient mix to 1/4 strength or even just water .

You also need to train and tie the plant away from the intense light and if you dont your flowers will not fill out as much but in extreme cases your flowers will start to look like they have gone back to a semi veg state. They can even throw out veg shoots from the flower.

This photo gives you an understanding of what i am talking about.

This shows a plant that has normal flower development were she is tied and trained against the outer wall of the space. But the part of the plant getting more intense light is less developed and a lot more airy.

mangoOZgrowroomviewB.jpg

This shows how to solve it i simply tied and trained that part of the plant away from the intense light.

mangoOZindoorgrowA.jpg

If you look closely you can see were she threw veg shoots from out of the flowers.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cool
I took this picture a few hours ago

CG from Mustafunk grown outdoors,,,@43N...harvested late Nov 020

Screams Leb NLD :biggrin:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_540336.jpg Views:	141 Size:	176.2 KB ID:	17975956

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HEMPY did you ever grow the same plant with the fans left on?. Plants need those for photosynthesis. I agree some can be removed but all id disagree with.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2082834.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	17977049
Hi,Hempy i think that your sativas are grown in to hoot climate,with high ph swings and to much water evaporation cuz of high growing medium temps and this also make your nute levels to ''high'' same ppm or EC of nutrients mixture isnt the same at 20c and 28c... so your fan tips burned and get dry....just my 2 cents.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the THH females are smelling of Cat piss recently.

Proofs in the pudding Hammer.

You didn't answer my question. Grow the same plant and leave it on the leaves. I bet she would look different. Prob looks like what ours do.

Anyway, let's see what this produces...That seed I found popped up fine. I'm hoping its not a male.

THH X A5hbx x Mac
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1627.JPG Views:	0 Size:	210.3 KB ID:	17977058

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You didn't answer my question. Grow the same plant and leave it on the leaves. I bet she would look different. Prob looks like what ours do.

How are your plants going to look like my plants if you dont grow the same genetics Hammer ?.

Removing shade leaf increases yield as it opens up the plant to more light.

Their is plenty of leaf on the plant apart from shade leaf.

My objective is to get as much yield from each plant as i can while keeping the plants happy and healthy.

One of the simplest ways to increase yield on a outdoor plant is to grow a plant to a set height and then tie the top down to then have the side branches head up ways and they then branch out. Very old method used on sativas here.

That and the removal of fan leaf was the first things i was told to do as a new grower by an old hippie grower i knew.

Non of this is new.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How are your plants going to look like my plants if you dont grow the same genetics Hammer ?.

Removing shade leaf increases yield as it opens up the plant to more light.

Their is plenty of leaf on the plant apart from shade leaf.

My objective is to get as much yield from each plant as i can while keeping the plants happy and healthy.

One of the simplest ways to increase yield on a outdoor plant is to grow a plant to a set height and then tie the top down to then have the side branches head up ways and they then branch out. Very old method used on sativas here.

That and the removal of fan leaf was the first things i was told to do as a new grower by an old hippie grower i knew.

If we all took off our fan leaves possible issues would not be visible. Leaves are where we see issues. I would never prune off all my fan leaves without running it with them all intact than do a compare. I would still leave some on, they are there for a reason. Large outdoor plants is pretty common here in Cali. Even with some pruning the plants are still full of them.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If we all took off our fan leaves possible issues would not be visible. Leaves are where we see issues. I would never prune off all my fan leaves without running it with them all intact than do a compare. I would still leave some on, they are there for a reason. Large outdoor plants is pretty common here in Cali. Even with some pruning the plants are still full of them.

Each to there own Hammer but the proof is in the results.

You brought up a thing called photosynthesis so maybe you can tell me how that works when light cant reach parts of the plant being blocked by fan leafs ?. You allow lite to penetrate flower sites you get grown and that equates to better yields its that simple.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
the fan leaf absorbs light for all the plant ,
they are not blocking light ,they are absorbing it like food for the rest of the plant ,
its a misconception that they block light to bud sites etc ,if they were not needed ,
they would not be there in the first place ,
removing them only wastes energy , the plant cant absorb as much light ,
and it has to grow more to do so , expending more energy in the process ...
when they are no longer needed , the plant sucks the last of the nutrients from them and discards them ...

it doesnt matter how you grow your pot ,
you can do it anyway you like ,
but making up false information to back your methods is a bit silly ...
take a look at any facility that grows large amounts of cannabis ,
none of them remove any fan leaf ,
it too time consuming , and is of no benefit to the plants ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts