What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Hi,Hempy how you get from neon green to brown bud after curing ?

You destroy your crop with curing ??

I never had that change of colour.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Clearly you have never grow any Thais its genetic i am getting so sick of the nasty petty shit from set members in here i am thinking its time i stop posting pics and bothering full stop.

You guys clearly have issues that needs addressing be it in the way of therapy or medication or both to treat what is wrong with you few.

No point posting if i am going to be continually trolled and my thread trashed done.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

yea in hempys defence i will also say the browning off is natural with some thai varieties ,
i have seen it too , as well as with some indian ones ,
its natural and doesn't indicate any grower error , or curing troubles/problems ,
by the time the pot is dry it has gone brown , naturally ..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
once you smoke a real hazy type weed, you will understand why people rave about the old strains. getting stoned is one thing and i enjoy it a lot, but getting high is something else and thats where some of the less tasty sativas get you, giggling tripping high happy state. not everyone want to smoke couch locking weed all day. now if only there were some fast flowering hazes that had the desired high

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Clearly you have never grow any Thais its genetic i am getting so sick of the nasty petty shit from set members in here i am thinking its time i stop posting pics and bothering full stop.

You guys clearly have issues that needs addressing be it in the way of therapy or medication or both to treat what is wrong with you few.

No point posting if i am going to be continually trolled and my thread trashed done.

just ignore the trolling. sadly some people get a lot of pleasure from being assholes on the internet

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yup enough hate in the world and hempy gets lots of unnecessary flack, we are all entitled to our opinions, no need to get personal and insulting when someones opinion differs from yours..He has decades more smoking and growing experience than the age of most on here...respect costs nothing..

mr.brunch

Veteran
once you smoke a real hazy type weed, you will understand why people rave about the old strains. getting stoned is one thing and i enjoy it a lot, but getting high is something else and thats where some of the less tasty sativas get you, giggling tripping high happy state. not everyone want to smoke couch locking weed all day. now if only there were some fast flowering hazes that had the desired high

Definitely need some quick finishers with those effects. Always a good feeling to be grinning, red eyed and happily mowing the lawn/ digging....

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
https://www.bangkokpost.com/busines...UYiV9-HmFMp980w_9QTAC8AFiEjmLvQ2p_1fLUpLZCulo

Cannabis tourism offers ray of hope for battered industry

As the first nation in Southeast Asia to legalise its medical use, a unique market opportunity in catering to wellness and luxury tourists is emerging.

published : 27 May 2021 at 10:40

newspaper section: Business
writer: Dusida Worrachaddejcha

c1_2122379_210527115120.jpg

Than Global Travel has been offering educational cannabis tours at the Rajamangala University of Technology Isan, Sakon Nakhon Campus.
Thailand became the first country in Southeast Asia to legalise the production, import and export of cannabis for medical purposes in 2018, following an amendment of the Narcotics Act to allow broader use for business opportunities, including tourism.

According to the "Asian Cannabis Report" conducted by Prohibition Partners, the market value for the legal cannabis industry in Asia is projected to reach US$12.5 billion (392 billion baht) in 2024.

The value of the cannabis industry in Thailand is estimated to be $661 million, with $237 million from medical cannabis and $424 million from the recreational cannabis market, which is not yet legal.

As awareness of medicinal cannabis grows, cannabis tourism has strong potential to help the tourism industry recover from its record slump caused by the pandemic, said Jacky Ong, president of Cannabis Investment Summit World, a cannabis virtual event in Thailand.

Cannabis tourism should boost Thailand's status as a leading medical and wellness tourism destination, said Mr Ong.

This strategy could attract upper middle to luxury tourists, the elderly, and medical travellers diagnosed with cancer and epilepsy, he said.

Mr Ong said tourists from the mainland and Southeast Asia represent a potential market in the post-Covid era because no other country in Asia allows the distribution of cannabis for medical and wellness end users.

However, tourists from North America, who have a variety of cannabis choices locally, might not be a big market for cannabis tourism here, he said.

To take advantage of this potential, Thailand must develop and promote cannabis-related hospitals and clinics, certify cannabis doctors, and build manufacturing facilities and wellness resorts as well as tour packages to gain better recognition, said Mr Ong.
SEEING GREEN

Kattikamas Thanyajaroen, executive officer of Than Global Travel, said the company wants to develop a niche market in medical tourism thanks to the country's leading position as a medical hub and wellness destination.

3985099.jpg
Some plants on display at Pethlanna Organic Commodity Enterprise in Lampang.

A few years ago, Than Global partnered with Rajamangala University of Technology Isan, Sakon Nakhon Campus to develop educational cannabis tours after the university was granted permission to grow plants for the academic purpose of studying the medical benefits.

The pilot phase of the tour brought 3,000-5,000 health volunteers and officials from sub-district hospitals to visit plantations in Sakon Nakhon and Buri Ram last year.

Ms Kattikamas said the tourists consisted of people of all ages, from millennials who want to try new things, to business owners keen to venture into this industry, as well as the elderly who care about their health and medical issues.

The three-day, two-night package cost between 8,900 baht to 9,900 baht, while the company also offered a 1,590-baht "Cannabis Pass" for tourists 18 and older to join a half-day cannabis tour in Sakon Nakhon, Buri Ram, Chiang Mai, Loei, Nakhon Ratchasima, Udon Thani, Nong Khai and Nakhon Phanom in April. This was before the third outbreak abruptly put a stop to all activities.

She said the next phase of cannabis tours will focus on medical care for people who want to use cannabis at clinics or universities for treatment.

Another option is to offer factory tours to original equipment manufacturers of cosmetics, skincare products and other cannabis or hemp products to serve demand from investors.

"There will be more opportunity from cannabis businesses in Thailand in the next five years, especially in tourism as the country already has a strong reputation in hospitality," Ms Kattikamas said.

"But if the country does not act fast to promote cannabis tourism, potential tourists will flock to other destinations such as Laos and Malaysia, which also plan to join the lucrative cannabis market."
COMMUNICATION KEY

People still have negative perceptions and a stigma exists towards cannabis, which was once perceived as a narcotic even though most people do not develop an addiction as happens with alcohol and cigarettes, said Ong-ard Panyachatiraksa, adviser to Pethlanna Organic Commodity Enterprise in Lampang, which offered cannabis tours to tourists early this year.

3985095.jpg
Tourists visit Pethlanna Organic Commodity Enterprise in Lampang, which offers marijuana tours.

Communication about cannabis for tourism and its contribution to the overall economy is vital to create a better understanding, he said.

Mr Ong-ard said if people open up more to cannabis, it will lead to an opportunity to legalise its use in other arenas such as recreational purposes, which supports the growth of the industry.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm all for getting those old school genetics back out into the world. Brown weed doesn't indicate crappy weed. Ive had plenty of killer brown weed back in the day. All the sticks I got were brown. Id love to get some of that real Thai stick from the 70's again. .

I'll bet other countries doing legal will be better at it than the USA.

Yup enough hate in the world and hempy gets lots of unnecessary flack, we are all entitled to our opinions, no need to get personal and insulting when someones opinion differs from yours..He has decades more smoking and growing experience than the age of most on here...respect costs nothing..

Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Most of us in this thread are old fuckers. Many of us have been smoking/growing as long or longer. The big difference is we can admit when wrong.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
https://www.bangkokpost.com/busines...UYiV9-HmFMp980w_9QTAC8AFiEjmLvQ2p_1fLUpLZCulo

Cannabis tourism offers ray of hope for battered industry

As the first nation in Southeast Asia to legalise its medical use, a unique market opportunity in catering to wellness and luxury tourists is emerging.

published : 27 May 2021 at 10:40

newspaper section: Business
writer: Dusida Worrachaddejcha

c1_2122379_210527115120.jpg

Than Global Travel has been offering educational cannabis tours at the Rajamangala University of Technology Isan, Sakon Nakhon Campus.
Thailand became the first country in Southeast Asia to legalise the production, import and export of cannabis for medical purposes in 2018, following an amendment of the Narcotics Act to allow broader use for business opportunities, including tourism.

According to the "Asian Cannabis Report" conducted by Prohibition Partners, the market value for the legal cannabis industry in Asia is projected to reach US$12.5 billion (392 billion baht) in 2024.

The value of the cannabis industry in Thailand is estimated to be $661 million, with $237 million from medical cannabis and $424 million from the recreational cannabis market, which is not yet legal.

As awareness of medicinal cannabis grows, cannabis tourism has strong potential to help the tourism industry recover from its record slump caused by the pandemic, said Jacky Ong, president of Cannabis Investment Summit World, a cannabis virtual event in Thailand.

Cannabis tourism should boost Thailand's status as a leading medical and wellness tourism destination, said Mr Ong.

This strategy could attract upper middle to luxury tourists, the elderly, and medical travellers diagnosed with cancer and epilepsy, he said.

Mr Ong said tourists from the mainland and Southeast Asia represent a potential market in the post-Covid era because no other country in Asia allows the distribution of cannabis for medical and wellness end users.

However, tourists from North America, who have a variety of cannabis choices locally, might not be a big market for cannabis tourism here, he said.

To take advantage of this potential, Thailand must develop and promote cannabis-related hospitals and clinics, certify cannabis doctors, and build manufacturing facilities and wellness resorts as well as tour packages to gain better recognition, said Mr Ong.
SEEING GREEN

Kattikamas Thanyajaroen, executive officer of Than Global Travel, said the company wants to develop a niche market in medical tourism thanks to the country's leading position as a medical hub and wellness destination.

3985099.jpg
Some plants on display at Pethlanna Organic Commodity Enterprise in Lampang.

A few years ago, Than Global partnered with Rajamangala University of Technology Isan, Sakon Nakhon Campus to develop educational cannabis tours after the university was granted permission to grow plants for the academic purpose of studying the medical benefits.

The pilot phase of the tour brought 3,000-5,000 health volunteers and officials from sub-district hospitals to visit plantations in Sakon Nakhon and Buri Ram last year.

Ms Kattikamas said the tourists consisted of people of all ages, from millennials who want to try new things, to business owners keen to venture into this industry, as well as the elderly who care about their health and medical issues.

The three-day, two-night package cost between 8,900 baht to 9,900 baht, while the company also offered a 1,590-baht "Cannabis Pass" for tourists 18 and older to join a half-day cannabis tour in Sakon Nakhon, Buri Ram, Chiang Mai, Loei, Nakhon Ratchasima, Udon Thani, Nong Khai and Nakhon Phanom in April. This was before the third outbreak abruptly put a stop to all activities.

She said the next phase of cannabis tours will focus on medical care for people who want to use cannabis at clinics or universities for treatment.

Another option is to offer factory tours to original equipment manufacturers of cosmetics, skincare products and other cannabis or hemp products to serve demand from investors.

"There will be more opportunity from cannabis businesses in Thailand in the next five years, especially in tourism as the country already has a strong reputation in hospitality," Ms Kattikamas said.

"But if the country does not act fast to promote cannabis tourism, potential tourists will flock to other destinations such as Laos and Malaysia, which also plan to join the lucrative cannabis market."
COMMUNICATION KEY

People still have negative perceptions and a stigma exists towards cannabis, which was once perceived as a narcotic even though most people do not develop an addiction as happens with alcohol and cigarettes, said Ong-ard Panyachatiraksa, adviser to Pethlanna Organic Commodity Enterprise in Lampang, which offered cannabis tours to tourists early this year.

3985095.jpg
Tourists visit Pethlanna Organic Commodity Enterprise in Lampang, which offers marijuana tours.

Communication about cannabis for tourism and its contribution to the overall economy is vital to create a better understanding, he said.

Mr Ong-ard said if people open up more to cannabis, it will lead to an opportunity to legalise its use in other arenas such as recreational purposes, which supports the growth of the industry.

day trips sounds good ,
Udonthani or Sakon Nakon are close to where i stay ,
i might be able to convince Mr Oi to take me ,
his wife won't have anything to do with gunja and discourages us ,
but a day trip for the boys would be fine I'm sure ,, haha ..
(maybe we should drag her along so she can see its harmless ,
she could help spread the word to the rest of the scardy cats ... lol)

even more reason to want the borders open again asap ....

Sub24ox7

Some of the best weed I have had was brown/golden.
so.. totally agree. They dry cure to brown. Haven’t seen it since the mid 90s.(when I got said weed).

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I didn't come on here with any intention of trolling hempy. It's an interesting thread and he has some great experiences to relate. However, nearly every thing I have said has been taken as personal attack when it was only meant as constructive. He can be stubborn and argumentative. I have seen this over multiple forums for years. In other words, he brings a lot of this on himself. Overall I love hearing about his Thai and Haze, but if he says something that is wrong, then people are free to point that out.

As hammerhead said, many of the people who post in here are roughly as old as hempy, some probably older, many with similar expereinces. You'd expect this given the discussion of old sativa's.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope the Thai's realize that the Thai Stick they sold long ago would be one of the main drawing points, if not THE point for cannabis visitors, which I think they do. Mostly older folks who smoked it, but some younger ones who wonder what they missed back then. The lab coats and trying to be 'medical' and modern are not what made them great long ago. I guess offering Thai Stick to smoke as they did long ago would not go over with the authorities. Medical use only, hehe. Not that getting a heirloom buzz can not do you good, but anyways. Old time sativas cured my panic attacks. I do not have to smoke it all the time either, it has been months now.

They have allowed prostitution and alcohol for a long time now. They like dollars and the law is flexible when dollars are in the mix. I have to think the old Thai Stick is about to make a comeback there.:bow: Myself I never smoked Thai Stick, though had one in my possession briefly/cops got it, and because of limited funds had to choose between Thai Stick and Colombian Gold once as well. CG won out and was really a letdown after all the hype. Never had the gold before that but heard endless hype about it,. It was not a load of crap CG either, good quality just not my thing. That ounce of CG got confiscated after a few tokes? See a trend?

So I do not see myself traveling to Thailand as I do not really know what I missed. Hoping some seeds come out of there but they were careful with the seeds being sent out long ago so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts