What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
On the hermi subject, mm x oss from bushy #4 threw bananas both times I have run it(this was the last). So I have gotten two hermi so far from mm x oss and one solidly female. Got two more females that look less nld, hopefully they give the goods. Sorry for slightly off topic

I know Kangas MM dose not hermaphrodite mate i am not sure about the oaxacan but i am prity sure that didn't but not 100% on that one but sativas all the one i have grown don't hermaphrodite but some sativa lines can show males / females and yes hermaphrodites at sexing. One you cull the Hermaphrodites the males stay male and the female stay female.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This was what you said..

Look above Donald Thai Sticks being compressed into bricks in 76 Thai being grown in commercial grows in Thailand still in 2020 and local villages smoking each others grows and much more a very different picture to what was being claimed by some in here.

I never went to Thailand but friends did all i claim to know about is Thai sativas and trust me i know them well i have grown and smoked them for a very long time.

When i post i clearly state if i saw it or if friends did and as i said Donald most of the Thai i saw came in stick form but some was compressed.

It was the same it did not come from loss or from Cambodia it was Thia.

A key point not one of you have brought up is how the Thailand Authority's in the 70s were not interested in cannabis there focus was opium Thai sativas were found in almost every Thai family's garden and used as a medical herb. Smoking cannabis was wide spread and it all changed because of pressure from the American Goverment.

LostTribe

Premium user
Not the stuff i grew and continue to grow Sub the only female plant i ever saw start as female and then go hermaphrodite came from dutch breed genetics.

I have done more than i Thai grow thread from seed to harvest close up pics no herms maybe some are just growing out crap genetics or stressing the plants to cause this i cant say just know what i saw n see.

I call BS.

You claimed to have only 3 original seeds which you were able to germ of Thia 78 from your buddy. 1 male, 1 female and 1 that went hermie. 33% of your 3 seeds were just that Hempy, Hermie. What a fantastic pheno hunt all of 1 female. Must be 1 in a gazillion.

Not that they are actually from Thailand. If you didn't get the bud from the actual clandestine grow site you have no evidence of it place of origin. Bottom line.

Cheers!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Two grades of Thai in the same 1976 load.

So your incorrect Donald they did Compress Thia sticks into bricks.

Oh so you know that was grown in Thailand? You are just basing that on the fact its with some thai but that doesn't prove much man. I already said they outsourced..
another assumption based 9n no facts ..
anyway doesn't look anything like the compressed "thai" you posted earlier..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I call BS.

You claimed to have only 3 original seeds of Thia 78 from your buddy. 1 male, 1 female and 1 that went hermie. 33% of your 3 seeds were just that Hempy, Hermie. What a fantastic pheno hunt all of 1 female. Must be 1 in a gazillion. Cheers!

I dont care what you think LT i lost respect for you once you put the troll hate on and became unhinged OW just for the record no i never got 3 seed and why would you care about my Thai its not like you will ever get the opportunity to grow them.

You really are off tilt mate phino hunt you say true breeding genetics don't need phino hunting.

IMG_1135.JPG

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Did you prove something to sam? Are you sure about that?
can you link us to the thread where you grew all these hundreds of plants and dozens of varieties to test this theory or was it just some half assed test of a few plants in your grow room that really proved nothing at all?
did sam admit you proved something to him that he never knew??

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Did you prove something to sam? Are you sure about that?
can you link us to the thread where you grew all these hundreds of plants and dozens of varieties to test this theory or was it just some half assed test of a few plants in your grow room that really proved nothing at all?
did sam admit you proved something to him that he never knew??

No hermaphroditic flowers on any plat is proof Donald is it not ?.

Why would i grow 100s and 100s of plants at a time if i only grow for my self and friends i am not a commercial grower .

Half assed you say no that would be your responses in this thread Donald you dont like being wrong but you clearly have been on you claims so far.

Pictures dont lie Donald people do.

LostTribe

Premium user
I dont care what you think LT i lost respect for you once you put the troll hate on and became unhinged OW just for the record no i never got 3 seed and why would you care about my Thai its not like you will ever get the opportunity to grow them.

You really are off tilt mate phino hunt you say true breeding genetics don't need phino hunting.

filedata/fetch?id=17865352&d=1621990676

You are quite the character. You threw a pansy fit blaming others for not getting someone you clearly barely knew back their cuts. One of which wasn't even involved with them at all and just happened to get ahold of something and spread it out to keep it alive in the A5. Unhinged like carrying on as you have for 637 pages of the same self serving, non factual, shitposting. You clearly haven't grown out more than a handful of seeds in a very very long time. If you have you would probably still have at least a few photos of more than just 2 plants or dated pics of ancient pics attained from the webernets.

I will do you a favor and find your post about only having 3 original Thia germ. FYI I am not interested in growing it either. But if you ever feel like growing some real Haze I am sure we can scrounge some up for you that isn't watered down with 50% overpowering Northern.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Oh so you know that was grown in Thailand? You are just basing that on the fact its with some thai but that doesn't prove much man. I already said they outsourced..
another assumption based 9n no facts ..
anyway doesn't look anything like the compressed "thai" you posted earlier..

That info come from people that were there at the set time periods ( the Thia stick smugglers ) and from Thia people also so there wrong but your right even when you were how old at that time period Donald and 1000s of miles away and possibly not even born yet come on this is getting old .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You are quite the character. You threw a pansy fit blaming others for not getting someone you clearly barely knew back their cuts. One of which wasn't even involved with them at all and just happened to get ahold of something and spread it out to keep it alive in the A5. Unhinged like carrying on as you have for 637 pages of the same self serving, non factual, shitposting. You clearly haven't grown out more than a handful of seeds in a very very long time. If you have you would probably still have at least a few photos of more than just 2 plants or dated pics of ancient pics attained from the webernets.

I will do you a favor and find your post about only having 3 original Thia germ. FYI I am not interested in growing it either. But if you ever feel like growing some real Haze I am sure we can scrounge some up for you that isn't watered down with 50% overpowering Northern.

What are you on about now you really need to grow up you need to understand that nothing you do affects me in any way but what it dose do is makes you and you alone look unhinged lol.

Clowns like you give the canna community a bade taste and makes many not bother interacting clean your act up and better still stay out of my thread.

LostTribe

Premium user
That info come from people that were there at the set time periods ( the Thia stick smugglers ) and from Thia people also so there wrong but your right even when you were how old at that time period Donald and 1000s of miles away and possibly not even born yet come one this is getting old .

"Thai Stick Smugglers" can be trusted as honest and truthful individuals! Most likely middle men at best.

The same old story told round the world.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
No hermaphroditic flowers on any plat is proof Donald is it not ?.

Why would i grow 100s and 100s of plants at a time if i only grow for my self and friends i am not a commercial grower .

Half assed you say no that would be your responses in this thread Donald you dont like being wrong but you clearly have been on you claims so far.

Pictures dont lie Donald people do.

A proper test involves many plants hempy, you didn't prove anything.. hey i dont mind being wrong and ill admit if im not sure .. but im sure your little test proved nothing other than with the few seeds you used , it didnt prove all thai stuff does that by any means .your test was incomplete and cant be regarded as proof of anything.. sorry mate try again..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
A proper test involves many plants hempy, you didn't prove anything.. hey i dont mind being wrong and ill admit if im not sure .. but im sure your little test proved nothing other than with the few seeds you used , it didnt prove all thai stuff does that by any means .your test was incomplete and cant be regarded as proof of anything.. sorry mate try again..

Donald the proof is in the flower and a picture goes a long way also but what some one claims to be correct in a post coming from a person that has never grow the genetics out is not.

Growing the genetics out over n over for years is also reliable data.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I better put an end to Donald's miss information.

The Thai story

The Thai arrived here in 1978 in the way of imported Thai sticks the guy we will call C found 3 seeds in the Thai stick He germinated them and got 3 plants a true female a true male and a hermaphrodite. He culled the Hermaphrodite and breed the male and female and produced the first generation of seed made here.

From 1978 until i was given the seed by his close friend we will call T C inbreed the line 7 generations and that was what i was given around 20 years ago.

I have taken it forward 2 generations in the last 20 years.

The 2 Males i used to go to 8th generation are also the males found in the Grow thread i did here at icmag.

The guy called C never had a female hermaphrodite in flower or did i or did Nevil.
Hempy, this was your post from several weeks ago. It clearly said of three original seeds, one was hermaphrodite. So obviously the Thai line can have hermaphrodites, or am I misreading?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Dose it bother you guys that i have a long history of growing Thai sativas out and that i have genetics from imported Thai sticks from the 70s ?. Because i find it very odd that people that don't have pictures of Thai sativas spending some much time trying to prove i am full of shit clearly this is more of a direct assault on me personally than the topic at hand.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hempy, this was your post from several weeks ago. It clearly said of three original seeds, one was hermaphrodite. So obviously the Thai line can have hermaphrodites, or am I misreading?

Exactamente. Imported too so probably not even thai sticks.

TheDarkStorm

Not the stuff i grew and continue to grow Sub the only female plant i ever saw start as female and then go hermaphrodite came from dutch breed genetics.

I have done more than i Thai grow thread from seed to harvest close up pics no herms maybe some are just growing out crap genetics or stressing the plants to cause this i cant say just know what i saw n see.

Its more so different lines hempy...I agree some of the good old lines seem to be really stable...I know people who still hold lines like this and they are still as stable as ever...you have lines like that...kanga had lines like that too...but some seem to be messed up...either they are lines that have been continued from hermie seed on the plant or bud wer the farmers have tried to avoid paying the seed merchant for the correctly produced seed and this went on for decades.. or from tampered with genetics....it seems like now alot of the more modern sourced thai lines are hermie prone...some so bad to the point were you get one branch completely male and the opposite completely female. Something went wrong somewhere cus the lines shouldn't be that bad....I think in some cases with some lines the soil and environment may play a part in some lines...which has to be true in some cases..because some lines wont even germinate properly unless their in ther home environment.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

I know what i posted mate and that was what i was told as to the history of the line here.

What i have also posted and clearly said many times is sativas can show 3 types of sex in plants at sexing 1/Male 2/ Female and 3rd/Hermaphrodite now cull the Hermaphrodite and the males will stay male and the females will remain female any one that has a history of growing sativas knows this.

Kanga new it so its not like a secret clearly.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Its more so different lines hempy...I agree some of the good old lines seem to be really stable...I know people who still hold lines like this and they are still as stable as ever...you have lines like that...kanga had lines like that too...but some seem to be messed up...either they are lines that have been continued from hermie seed on the plant or bud wer the farmers have tried to avoid paying the seed merchant for the correctly produced seed and this went on for decades.. or from tampered with genetics....it seems like now alot of the more modern sourced thai lines are hermie prone...some so bad to the point were you get one branch completely male and the opposite completely female. Something went wrong somewhere cus the lines shouldn't be that bad....I think in some cases with some lines the soil and environment may play a part in some lines...which has to be true in some cases..because some lines wont even germinate properly unless their in ther home environment.

I can tell you were they went wrong Dark they used a hermaphrodite to breed with i have seen people on here do it with the Mango Thai The Real Seed co sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.