What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Umm, just a short bitch comment here to get it off my chest.

We have some very nice bushes out front. It seems each year,
some one walking by lets their male dog piss on our bushes.
Anyone who has dogs knows this only invites other dogs to do the same.

This year it is particularly bad as there are 3 distinct spots that have
not only burned the bushes but have also burned the grass below.
WTF? We have had a LOT of rain also so... this is occurring very
frequently as to allow such burning to persist.

2 wks. ago as the Scooter girl and I were returning from our walk,
I saw the culprit. Owners live around the block and walk their dogs
2 x's daily, one male and one female. I was too far away to say
anything so, I figured next time I see the owners, I'd ask them to
not allow their dog to pee on our bushes.

I do not understand ppl who are so disrespectful. There is a much
larger area that is the City easement away from the front of ppl's
private area... next to porches etc. Let them relieve themselves
there for cripes sake.

I have noticed that this couple has their heads in their phones and
do not pay attention to where their animals are doing their business.
Sigh.

I just popped out on the porch to have a smoke and the wife is
walking with her head in her phone. Her male walks up to our
bushes so... I quietly and politely say:
"Please don't let your dog pee on our bushes".

I know she heard me yet never looked up from her phone
nor acknowledged me. Nope... just kept walking.
Dog did not have time to pee (?) or it was a disrupted stream.
WTH is wrong with the young ppl these days? smfh.

/rant
Had the same problem a couple years ago with a lilac sucker I transplanted into my front yard. An assfaced neighbor up the street has a non-zone complicit dog walking/day care business she runs out of her house(we are not zoned for commercial). I caught her one day and asked if she has a permit with the town to run her business. Problem solved. She doesn’t walk by my house any more. I have read that ground cayenne pepper will deter dogs from sniffing around bushes though it has to be reapplied after rain which doesn’t sound like a good fit for you.

oldfogey8

I am sad for future generations of Americans. I say that for a number of reasons but it hit home this morning. On my walk with Zig, we went by a teen girls soccer game. When my kids were young and played soccer, there would be a few heavy set kids playing but generally all were pretty fit looking. Out of the 22 girls playing, only 3 looked fit and 10 were clinically obese. No one was sprinting after crosses. It was like watching soccer in slow motion. I’ve seen the same thing on school half days when all the kids walk in huge packs down Main Street. When my sons were in school, heavy kids were the exception but are now the vast majority. I blame the lockdowns. I am not fat shaming. I am just disheartened and feel for the kids…☹️

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I am sad for future generations of Americans. I say that for a number of reasons but it hit home this morning. On my walk with Zig, we went by a teen girls soccer game. When my kids were young and played soccer, there would be a few heavy set kids playing but generally all were pretty fit looking. Out of the 22 girls playing, only 3 looked fit and 10 were clinically obese. No one was sprinting after crosses. It was like watching soccer in slow motion. I’ve seen the same thing on school half days when all the kids walk in huge packs down Main Street. When my sons were in school, heavy kids were the exception but are now the vast majority. I blame the lockdowns. I am not fat shaming. I am just disheartened and feel for the kids…☹️
I am right there with you brother. I see young girls everywhere from 15 to 50 walking around with clothing is half their size and they have bulges everywhere. I understand that one out of maybe 100 has a medical condition but the problem is they’re eating nothing but crap and they eat all day long. I can’t imagine how bad the health will be when they get to 60 if they live that long, I eat nothing but lean meat, vegetables and fruit in my diet and I’m doing my best to keep healthy but I just can’t imagine what’s going to happen to these people as they get older

SubGirl

420club
Umm, just a short bitch comment here to get it off my chest.

We have some very nice bushes out front. It seems each year,
some one walking by lets their male dog piss on our bushes.
Anyone who has dogs knows this only invites other dogs to do the same.

This year it is particularly bad as there are 3 distinct spots that have
not only burned the bushes but have also burned the grass below.
WTF? We have had a LOT of rain also so... this is occurring very
frequently as to allow such burning to persist.

2 wks. ago as the Scooter girl and I were returning from our walk,
I saw the culprit. Owners live around the block and walk their dogs
2 x's daily, one male and one female. I was too far away to say
anything so, I figured next time I see the owners, I'd ask them to
not allow their dog to pee on our bushes.

I do not understand ppl who are so disrespectful. There is a much
larger area that is the City easement away from the front of ppl's
private area... next to porches etc. Let them relieve themselves
there for cripes sake.

I have noticed that this couple has their heads in their phones and
do not pay attention to where their animals are doing their business.
Sigh.

I just popped out on the porch to have a smoke and the wife is
walking with her head in her phone. Her male walks up to our
bushes so... I quietly and politely say:
"Please don't let your dog pee on our bushes".

I know she heard me yet never looked up from her phone
nor acknowledged me. Nope... just kept walking.
Dog did not have time to pee (?) or it was a disrupted stream.
WTH is wrong with the young ppl these days? smfh.

/rant
Post a sign for the dogs. Sometimes their owners are stupid.
IMG_9962.jpeg

giggy

Late morning checking. Hope all are doing well. Bored out of my skull, no grow cause I can't get to it. Got two small buds left and then we will be dry. Was wanting to go back to work later this week, but that isn't going to happen. He'll when you can't get around. Doctors want me to retire, I don't want to but I got to do something. If I fo and they get me back on my feet I will have to be retired for a year to come out of it. I'm gonna go talk to the social security officer to see my options, and possibly file for ssdi. On ssi I supposed to be able to make $1800.00 a month but if you can't work then that is no good. Of course I have my days, some suck real bad, some I'm trying to keep my anger at bay but I do have some good day too, well the best they can be. Folks I'm not whining, I'm just letting yall know where I'm at, and doing the best I can.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Late morning checking. Hope all are doing well. Bored out of my skull, no grow cause I can't get to it. Got two small buds left and then we will be dry. Was wanting to go back to work later this week, but that isn't going to happen. He'll when you can't get around. Doctors want me to retire, I don't want to but I got to do something. If I fo and they get me back on my feet I will have to be retired for a year to come out of it. I'm gonna go talk to the social security officer to see my options, and possibly file for ssdi. On ssi I supposed to be able to make $1800.00 a month but if you can't work then that is no good. Of course I have my days, some suck real bad, some I'm trying to keep my anger at bay but I do have some good day too, well the best they can be. Folks I'm not whining, I'm just letting yall know where I'm at, and doing the best I can.
What part of the country are you in?

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
How old is Bubba now?
4.5 months still a baby.
How amazing for a little pup. What kind of dog is he, he's lovely :love:

ffs i see you're back in st. Thomas. i hope you get it sorted soon.

My back has gone out real bad from landscaping and repotting work, feels like someone has stabbed me with a rusty knife and twisting it whenever i move.

Brings me to my knees.

Terrible for only 52yrs old but it is what it is.

Have to bus out this old bad boy

View attachment 18997670

Have a good day all ☀️
He is a Leonberger kangal mix and I hope your back gets feeling better.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Mr Magu, (I assume mister) You have a way of covering all the bases and getting to the point...I heart felt agree with what you posted.
I feel the persona "Gypsy Nirvana" to be one of the KEY canna warriors in our time. And now seeing the real man behind the legend has remained a humble caring about others kind of guy, after all he's been through, is really encouraging/admirable!
Not kissing ass by this comment but Gypsy is a real life hero! Not like fake tv heros...or even sports heros.
Mr Nirvana I thank you for your sacrifices you have made and for your vision/lifes work! I am a direct recipient of it.
I have lots of freinds that burn but dont know any that grow...and then I stumbled on IC MAG and wa-la, I became the first in my circle of freinds to grow my own! What a sense of accomplishment!
My gratitude and honor are yours sir...sincerly THANK YOU!
Yes - and thank you 😊 for the kind words - which helps reinforce my sense of well being and conviction in what I have managed to do over the decades - with this site - and the seed sites - many now obsolete - their mission done - and as we see - many other seed businesses have grown into their place - to help supply conscientious old and new growers - with the seeds of possibility's -

I was wronged - as many growers and users of cannabis have been - over the past century or so - locked up - victimised - unjustly - accused and convicted of a crime - who's only victim was myself - then thrown into a very dark corner - of a nasty prison - where I had the time to ponder and wonder about how to change things - for the better - 😉 - and my way seems to have worked well - growing legions of growers - and breeding many more breeders to make the seeds of possibility's - always in support - simple really -

oldfogey8

I told my wife about this observation. She said she was reading a paper by the Massachusetts School Board Association that said 40% of students have diagnosed mental health conditions and 60%! of adults 18-35 do as well (which they attribute to parents dealing with children with mental health conditions). I am guessing the 40% number excludes the 3 in 10 children who are now confused about their gender (which would bring it up to 70%). Those numbers are End of Times-esque.

Latest posts

Latest posts