What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Although I grew up with sativa's I certainly don't want those old paranoid highs. I find that quite negative. I have some pot that I am currently smoking which gives a feeling of utter dread about 10 minutes into the high, an intense feeling that something bad is about to happen. Once that clears it is a nice high but I will not grow it again due to that terrible feeling. I have only grown haze hybrids so not quite sure if haze is what I want, or not?

The best old sativa's were uplifting, positive, euphoric and energetic. Some had all that and were trippy as well. Does haze have those attributes?

They do but as haze is a hybrid you just need to select threw the plants to find the type of affects you like.

JohnnyChicago

SamS spoke too of paranoia....

I think I deleted my post on the qualities I liked in Haze?
Potent, up, electric, speedy, clear, cerebral, euphoric, psychedelic, energetic, mental, as well as no ceiling, every time you take a hit you get higher and get rushes. Makes folks turn white and get low blood pressure and pass out when they stand up, get paranoid. I like it and do not get too high, that is what I like. Along with the right terpenes, and none of the wrong ones, for taste and effects.
I found purple haze maybe more potent but more physical, I liked the silver-blue and lime-green better.
-SamS

Chi13
Seedsman Haze. if you can find.
The pepper phenos are those that you want.

TheDarkStorm

me and a friend will be reversing my old NL cut to
Manhattan brown
La Negra/88’ (CBH)
African haze #11
Santa Cruz original haze (root beer cut from late 80’s)

it’s not the nl5 but it should still prove pretty interesting

Hello tpftfw...wellcome back....can I just ask that cbh you have in brackets next to La Negra is that short for cuban black haze. There are two cuban black hazes and as far as I know and I dont think either have any relationship to the Brazilian strain. Is La negra just a nick name or reference to the Brazilian strain.
Also the santa cruz haze you say derived from the 80's does this come from the last grow from the haze crew...the one that failed to produce properly. Thanks.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I am smoking many NEVs haze types now. I love to sit with that intensity, you sift through your shit at rapid speed. The natural heuristic is if your smoking a strong haze, the likelihood is your monthly nut on therapy/counselling is £0. Cogito, ergo sum

The offspring in haze-hybrids produces 2 in 10 types with the classic pure, cerebral, uplifting high, those strains are great for mood, weekend, relaxation. The caveat is you do not learn too much with those strains, the intense paranoia strains receive too much bad press IMO. Those strains if you go far enough can let you answer some of life's big questions.

Who am I, what am I, why am I here.

Exactly this,I also use strong weed for personal psychology and meditations.

Potent Haze Hybrid will do the trick but nothing beats Chem's and OG's for that purpose.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hello tpftfw...wellcome back....can I just ask that cbh you have in brackets next to La Negra is that short for cuban black haze. There are two cuban black hazes and as far as I know and I dont think either have any relationship to the Brazilian strain. Is La negra just a nick name or reference to the Brazilian strain.
Also the santa cruz haze you say derived from the 80's does this come from the last grow from the haze crew...the one that failed to produce properly. Thanks.

Which Brazilian variety called "La Negra" (in Spanish?) are you referring to?
...From Brazil, to me it sounds like "Cabeça preta" aka "Cabeça do preto/negro​​​​​​" (?)... I think you call it in English "Black Head" aka "Bahia's black head" aka "Brasilian black head"... (?)

" La Negra" sound me more to "La Negra Manzaneda" (I think in English it is "Colombian black"... (?)

And what is " Cuban Haze"?

Thanx for any info.
Salud.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started trimming my P53. I'm getting a spicy/peppery/ Stinky aroma from a few. The last plant from this run is drying.. Very pleased with how well P53 turned out.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I am not sure what your argument is really you guys now claim HAZE only has a clear high and your wrong and the purple Haze was from the very early Haze.

Is Johnny describing a euphoric high no he is not.

you see everything as an argument hempy ,
its not , cvh was just stating something , not arguing ,

you say haze is narcotic ,, yet you havent even tried it ,
but you are cherry picking statments made by others and miss quoting them in order to try and prove your theory ,
after all its only a theory since u have no first hand experience with pure haze ,

the quote was that sam found the purple stuff narcotic , but he didnt like it as much as the others ,
which obviously were not narcotic like the purple , hence his statement ,

also one has to take into account as i said , set and setting ,
tolerance ,, and other factors when we are talking about the effects of cannabis on an individual,

if. as suggested by a super mod a few pages back , this thread gets closed due to arguing rather than folks just discussing topics ,
then it will be on you for being so provocative ....

acespicoli

Although I grew up with sativa's I certainly don't want those old paranoid highs. I find that quite negative. I have some pot that I am currently smoking which gives a feeling of utter dread about 10 minutes into the high, an intense feeling that something bad is about to happen. Once that clears it is a nice high but I will not grow it again due to that terrible feeling. I have only grown haze hybrids so not quite sure if haze is what I want, or not?

The best old sativa's were uplifting, positive, euphoric and energetic. Some had all that and were trippy as well. Does haze have those attributes?
Could be wrong but a tolerance to the dread feeling you should build up keep puffin
Thats how mine goes anyway and those are my fav we might have to talk about that one :)

There is a certain kind of respect you have getting ready to board a old wooden roller coaster...
That moment of awe and respect you have waiting in line...
Then sitting in the seat on the edge the verge of a panic attack do I sit down and buckle up or decide the ride is not for me?

yeah ef it im going to do this...after the initial adrenaline surge and edginess settles a bit in to a energetic type shaman medicine
auditory and visual hallucinations welcome remember hearing helicopters one time so wierd
or feeling like the floor was dropping out from under you or vibrating feelings lol
its much appreciated the thrills laughs and fun true entertainment the spice of life.
Daytime smoke, you might wish you could sleep it off:yay:
yeah my inner tweaker has me wanting to revisit my haze dayz

then theres falling asleep on weed but thats a conversation best for another thread;)
hybrids make the effect milder IMO
:smokeit:
groupwave.gif

So many phenos so little time

Which Brazilian variety called "La Negra" (in Spanish?) are you referring to?
...From Brazil, to me it sounds like "Cabeça preta" aka "Cabeça do preto/negro​​​​​​" (?)... I think you call it in English "Black Head" aka "Bahia's black head" aka "Brasilian black head"... (?)

" La Negra" sound me more to "La Negra Manzaneda" (I think in English it is "Colombian black"... (?)

And what is " Cuban Haze"?

Thanx for any info.
Salud.
Breeder_Choice_Organisation_-_Colombian_Black.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Breeder_Choice_Organisation_-_Colombian_Black.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	17826060
Colombian Black is a sativa variety from BCO and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±150 days) and in the greenhouse. BCOs Colombian Black is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.
BCOs Colombian Black Description

Field collected in December 2002 from farmed Local lines in the 'llanos orientales' region in Colombia by Breeders Choice member 'Aldous'.

The original seed lot received from Colombia is being stored for future open pollinations of the line for preservation purposes and the selection of exceptional single plants for ongoing breeding projects.

This seedlot is a first generation accession with selection only against inter sex plants found in the line.

Black Colombian is a seedline native to the eastern plains (llanos orientales) region of Colombia.

The 'Black' is a pure Sativa genotype typical of equatorial latitudes, the 'Black' was very likely was brought to Colombia by African slaves. Evidence for this origin is suggested by the presence of a distinctive anise/black licorice flavour detected in the smoke of its blackish green to pure black flowers.

Other similarities to African genotypes include a relatively mild body effect and a more pronounced clear, positive mental stimulation that renders the user extremely happy within the moment.

As an adaptation to an equatorial environment the Black matures its buds in several harvest 'windows' with the earliest from our test grow coming in at 15 weeks, the next coming 5-6 weeks later.

Seedlings show minimal variation. True to usual form the largest, fastest growing seedlings often show sex as males at 5-9 weeks of flowering.

At 15 weeks the buds can began to take on the black colouration. True black, not purpling derived from cold temperatures. Although not all plants display these traits, some will.

Should the gardener desire to get the Black to wind down budding to harvest as early as possible it is recommended to move the timer to an 11/13 light schedule or even 10/14.

Due to such long flowering periods it is recommended to use fertilizers sparingly in both amounts and frequency of application.

The Colombian Sativas within the Breeders Choice lines all have aggressive root system growth thereby indicating a need for a larger than normal container.

A smaller pot size that 'rootbinds' the plant can help shorten the bloom time but if used the gardener should realize this as a stress vector that could encourage a hermaphroditic response in a proportion of plants. This is a first generation Tropical Sativa and should be grown with sympathy.

Our sampling left us extremely pleased with it's dark licorice taste and strong 'creeper' effect with a strong and ceiling less high without any noticeable physical effect, indicating this is a high THC low CBD Colombian cultivar.

An extended cure was required to soften a somewhat harsh initial bite. After 4 month's of glass jar curing, not only was the harshness mollified but a noticeable increase of potency accompanied the now full flavoured, smooth smoke.

In repeated smoke tests the most pronounced effect was a delayed creeper onset of high energy mental stimulation - without any noticeable edges of paranoia or discomfort. What physical effect there was can best be described as warm and composed with minimal raciness in heartbeat. Ideal for daytime activities and musicians.

A true, pure equatorial Sativa with no ceiling, never hybridised and a classic breeding line proven in other BCO Hybrids such as the Black Haze.

* Pure equatorial Landrace Sativa
* Collected in Colombia 2002 from cultivated lines
* Extreme potency
* First generation accession

Indoor/Greenhouse: 18-26 Weeks
Outdoor finish: Late December/January at 30 North.
odour level: Low
Mite resistance: Low
Mould Resistance: High
Stretch: 3x and greater
Yield: High

Yes indeed my friend this one is a beauty :plant grow:

Bahia_Blackhead.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Bahia_Blackhead.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	17826062

Bahia Blackhead - Pakistan x Brazilian

Sarsaparilla – promoted on the label as "The Granddaddy of all Root Beers"
looking for that root beer and pure haze purple pheno (the blood pheno)

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
you see everything as an argument hempy ,
its not , cvh was just stating something , not arguing ,

you say haze is narcotic ,, yet you havent even tried it ,
but you are cherry picking statments made by others and miss quoting them in order to try and prove your theory ,
after all its only a theory since u have no first hand experience with pure haze ,

the quote was that sam found the purple stuff narcotic , but he didnt like it as much as the others ,
which obviously were not narcotic like the purple , hence his statement ,

also one has to take into account as i said , set and setting ,
tolerance ,, and other factors when we are talking about the effects of cannabis on an individual,

if. as suggested by a super mod a few pages back , this thread gets closed due to arguing rather than folks just discussing topics ,
then it will be on you for being so provocative ..

I dont see every thing as an argument Donald but you seam to when it comes from me.

I am not the one calling Haze narcotic Donald Sam did when he described the Purple Haze that was found in the very Early Haze work.That is early Haze meaning it is with in the Haze genetic make up.

I have spent 20 some years growing Nevil's Haze work from Nevil's haze on now you may not consider that as Haze but i do and even the 50% Haze i grew and still do look just as Hazey as most Ohaze and other offerings so stop beating a dead horse were are your Haze ?.

I am not the one starting arguments here Donald you are and as a moderator you should know better why do i get the feeling you would like nothing more than to see this thread closed ?. Why do you show MAHA BigHerb and others respect but me you treat like a un loved step child lol.

I would place you on ignore if i could trust me.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Johnny and others here is a question.

Working with Haze from seed what is the fastest you have seen a male show sex ?.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
As it was Nevil's 2 year Anniversary a week ago i thought it be a nice gesture to post a few pictures of what he was up to in the way of breeding.

Here is a pic of the NH 21 out doors
thumbnail_Nhz#21 pic2.jpg

Here is a Flower Shot of his Out Back Haze
thumbnail_Outback Haze 1-WEB.jpg

Here is Nevil's NH36 Out Doors.

NH36 outdoor..jpg

I have others that i will post at a later date if people show this thread respect.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Could be wrong but a tolerance to the dread feeling you should build up keep puffin
Thats how mine goes anyway and those are my fav we might have to talk about that one :)

There is a certain kind of respect you have getting ready to board a old wooden roller coaster...
That moment of awe and respect you have waiting in line...
Then sitting in the seat on the edge the verge of a panic attack do I sit down and buckle up or decide the ride is not for me?

yeah ef it im going to do this...after the initial adrenaline surge and edginess settles a bit in to a energetic type shaman medicine
auditory and visual hallucinations welcome remember hearing helicopters one time so wierd
or feeling like the floor was dropping out from under you or vibrating feelings lol
its much appreciated the thrills laughs and fun true entertainment the spice of life.
Daytime smoke, you might wish you could sleep it off:yay:
yeah my inner tweaker has me wanting to revisit my haze dayz
The feeling I am describing is not like the old wooden roller coaster, oh shit what am I in for, type high? That is something I associate with Thai sticks. That is fear inducing, yet exhilerating, paranoia with laughter. There is fear but it is trippy. I can cope with this sort of high; indeed it was something I looked for in my youth.

What this pot has is a real feeling of dread, like you have cancer, or someone close is going to die(maybe you), like you have wasted your entire life. The first time this happened I was going to give away pot permanently, never touch any drug again, all in the space of about 10-20 minutes. It is not remotely positive, nor does it seem to teach you anything, unlike a trip. After that it is really nice but really doesn't outweigh the initial feeling of dread.

These days I want a euphoric, exhilerating, happy, high.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Nice post Hempy, thanks! I have gotten that dread high from skunk lines before if it help anyone, sensi's super skunk to be specific..had to toss that plant...smoke the dread high weed for a week and I get manic and depro.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
and others respect but me you treat like a un loved step child lol.

I would place you on ignore if i could trust me.

haha ,, good post hempy ,
gave me a laugh , thanks for at least retaining a sense of humor ,
after all its just a discussion ...

JohnnyChicago

Johnny and others here is a question.

Working with Haze from seed what is the fastest you have seen a male show sex ?.

May I know why you ask? Would like to benefit from the discussion too :)

Haze males, are like the females. Very slow to sex.
But they drop pollen quickly, once they flower.

CaptainDankness

I am confident Sam the Skuinkman can tell the difference between a stone and a high and a narcotic effect is a heavy stone.

Could he really though? He only smokes 99% heads of dry sift from Skunk. Lol, maybe not exactly what he said but it was something like that. Also what has he really bred, besides supposedly Skunk and Haze?? I'd say only I could tell me the effects, cause I honestly don't agree most of the time, I smoke joint of haze I'm stoned.

I've grown a lot of haze hybrids and they are all overrated, take way too long to flower and just not that dank. It's old school for sure, but the new school got some dank stinky as fuck frostier than White/Black Widow, lower flowering times and even some haze like highs.

You can definitely get something with fat, dense, frosty buds and incredible terpine profiles and a Sativa like high in a shorter cycle. So 16+week Haze's are just overated, stretchy viny, low yielding with a terrible bag appeal. Basically why they needed Skunk and Northern Lights to danken up Super Silver Haze and Jack Herer to actually create an award winning "Haze".

The effects are clearly based on the cannabinoid profile and you can get the same profile on a better plant.

HappyDude32ed

This had most likely been discussed here already, but my search function is not working for some odd reason.

Anyway I preferred a strain called purple haze in the 90s 2000s. It was also called by some NY Piff. Dont kniw if they were even the same strain. BUT the 2 things I loved about this strain, and that stayed in common was that
1. It was the best high Ive ever had. Smooth but very strong. An up no couch like feel, but also my heart wasnt beatong out of my chest and I could relax.
2. If I smoked enough of it (which I did often) I would go from that cool chill vibe mode to a whole other place. I would start tripping out. See images on the wall and inanimate object would come alive.

That was and is still my favorite strain from the last 25 years of smoking.
Yet ! I cant find it anymore. Havnt had anything remotely close since the mid 2000s

Have anybody heard of a trippy hallucinogenic strain before ? Or experienced what I have ?

If you know what its called please tell me. I have been searching for a very long time.

Anyway thanks for any info amd Im glad zi found this community I hope to stay for a long time 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts