What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Not many would want a plant like that lol.. Being paranoid is not enjoyable. If that's what a special Haze plants about ill have to pass.

That is what you should expect from a good Haze or heavy Haze hybrid Hammer and the smoke reports of old grow threads described many experiences just like that. Even Sam talks of people fainting from smoking Haze.

I found 3 main types of highs 1/ Colombian (High with a touch of stone very noidy.
2/ Thai type electric high that creeps up and comes at you in waves like acid.
3/ Very strong Euphoria high.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
That is what you should expect from a good Haze or heavy Haze hybrid Hammer and the smoke reports of old grow threads described many experiences just like that. Even Sam talks of people fainting from smoking Haze.

I found 3 main types of highs 1/ Colombian (High with a touch of stone very noidy.
2/ Thai type electric high that creeps up and comes at you in waves like acid.
3/ Very strong Euphoria high.

actually sam describes pure haze and blissful ,
like being in the hand of a gentle giant ,, floating ,
no paranoia as that is undesirable by many and pot can be super strong without that occuring ...

im gonna go ahead and say it again ,
you are describing haze crossed to indica hempy ,
not pure haze ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
actually sam describes pure haze and blissful ,
like being in the hand of a gentle giant ,, floating ,
no paranoia as that is undesirable by many and pot can be super strong without that occuring ...

im gonna go ahead and say it again ,
you are describing haze crossed to indica hempy ,
not pure haze ....

Really Donald ?

Even the Purple Haze from back in the 70's was not really my choice, they did seem a bit stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me. They were the prettiest not the best, to me.
-SamS

You need to stop patronizing me Donald and stop looking to start an argument.

Sam has posted saying that people not use to smoking haze ended up fainting go ask him as i cant be bothered looking for that post.

Sam clearly describes a classic old school columbine high here ( stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me.)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really Donald ?

Sam has posted saying that people not use to smoking haze ended up fainting go ask him as i cant be bothered looking for that post.

Sam clearly describes a classic old school columbine high here ( stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me.)

It's not just haze that will do that.. When I was a kid we smoked a lot of weed. At best we got 10-20m being stoned.. Lots of us passed out when we took a bong hit. The reason that happens is the lack of O2 in the brain. Being paranoid is not what most would call good weed or why we like getting high. I'll never choose a plant that induces paranoia. If that's what you prefer I totally understand your behavior now.

acespicoli

Marley's Collie is discontinued to the legal issues of using the name Marley.Was a lovely variety.Grew their Jamaican Pearl.

those old Jamaican lines have some good flavors and smelled great growing
had a bunch of seeds ran a large crop around '92 and the plants were unique a friend brought back from Jama
same thing with the amstel gold copyright stuff lol
the effect of JP on par with the sativa buzz in MC ?

I remember they had a thing called jamacian haze not sure what it was
jamahaze.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	jamahaze.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.7 KB ID:	17825339

Photo by LadyWest

Nirvanas Haze Description

The roots of our Haze lie in the foothills of the Bay Area, California, in the 1970s. A stable magical mix of Columbian, Mexican, Thai and Jamaican strains, Haze has fluffy buds and a very long flowering period. It delivers an intense rushing high. Haze has a complex aroma which almost makes it smell like it's not cannabis. This strain is exceptionally suitable for medicinal applications.

good wake and bake weed

Also hear some stories that there were Korean genetics in the mix from the war as well as Vietnam weed
rumors.... who knows
one of the best stories I heard was greenhouse grown haze in socal

THIS- Haze has a complex aroma which almost makes it smell like it's not cannabis. (can be said of the old jama also)

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It's not just haze that will do that.. When I was a kid we smoked a lot of weed. At best we got 10-20m being stoned.. Lots of us passed out when we took a bong hit. The reason that happens is the lack of O2 in the brain. Being paranoid is not what most would call good weed or why we like getting high. I'll never choose a plant that induces paranoia. If that's what you prefer I totally understand your behavior now.

Lack of oxygen you say well hammer Sam said it was due to low blood pressure but many have lost there comfort zone on haze.What many describe these days is far from the strong Haze of old.

acespicoli

Lack of oxygen you say well hammer Sam said it was due to low blood pressure but many have lost there comfort zone on haze.What many describe these days is far from the strong Haze of old.

yeah unless your a daily smoker best start with one hit and wait a bit :biggrin:
you smoke daily with a good tolerance and like a energetic buzz indulge
two of the best ways to describe a nice effect is no ceiling and creeper they go great together:friends:

Question if anyone knows
three packs of SSH and one acceptable keeper. This one cloned and kick yourself if you lose it
how do the s1's turn out? alot of variation ?

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Really Donald ?

yes absolutely ,he said it many times ,
haze and golden thai were the best he had ,
and he never mentioned paranoia being part of the high in haze ,

as i said maybe its the introduction of indica that makes you feel paranoid ,
mr elmer dudd also mentioned being extremely paranoid after toking some nevils haze i grew and shared with him ,

i m with hammer on not liking that in pot and i avoid pot that makes me feel bad ,
its all about feeling good , smiling , being euphoric , enhancing you in a positive way ,
if it wasnt i wouldnt have ever done it ..
btw that wasnt patronizing/condescending at all , if u want i could be and then u would know the difference ...

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

I think I deleted my post on the qualities I liked in Haze?
Potent, up, electric, speedy, clear, cerebral, euphoric, psychedelic, energetic, mental, as well as no ceiling, every time you take a hit you get higher and get rushes. Makes folks turn white and get low blood pressure and pass out when they stand up, get paranoid. I like it and do not get too high, that is what I like. Along with the right terpenes, and none of the wrong ones, for taste and effects.
I found purple haze maybe more potent but more physical, I liked the silver-blue and lime-green better.
-SamS

HEMPY I am wondering about the "great high" we report all the time in OH lately.
I do report it since 2015 that I have found it in Seedsman. And plenty of people are reporting it from our ibl lines now.
The pheno that looked like SamS mother had the very greatest high. Probably the "floating in the hand of a giant high" SamS wrote of.
I wonder if there was other peole reporting this kind of "great highs" before me/us?

Haze#19 was ultra potent, paranoia inducing and not easy at all to handle. NH was easier. Even if it made people falling from the chairs....
Nobody ever gifted me a bag of NH because it was to strong.
But Haze#19 yes.
And this people were used to the best thais, columbians, jamiacans etc when Haze#19 arrived on the market.
It's not like "they were not used to sativa highs."
That's today where the people is not used to that.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
yes absolutely ,he said it many times ,
haze and golden thai were the best he had ,
and he never mentioned paranoia being part of the high in haze ,

as i said maybe its the introduction of indica that makes you feel paranoid ,
mr elmer dudd also mentioned being extremely paranoid after toking some nevils haze i grew and shared with him ,

i m with hammer on not liking that in pot and i avoid pot that makes me feel bad ,
its all about feeling good , smiling , being euphoric , enhancing you in a positive way ,
if it wasnt i wouldnt have ever done it ..
btw that wasnt patronizing/condescending at all , if u want i could be and then u would know the difference ...

Hang on Donald you over looked the small part about Sam saying original Haze having a ( stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me.) narcotic effect is a stone Donald.

A classic old school Colombian has a high with a touch of stone that can be a little noidy you should know that.

You were wrong not the first time ether haze has 3 types of highs .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hang on Donald you over looked the small part about Sam saying original Haze having a ( stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me.) narcotic effect is a stone Donald.

A classic old school Colombian has a high with a touch of stone that can be a little noidy you should know that.

You were wrong not the first time ether haze has 3 types of highs .

that quote is taken out of context ,,
repost it like u did before and it makes more sense ,

we are talking about what sam enjoyed about haze anyhow ,
u will see above what johnny posted , the quote ,
there is no reference to paranoid inducing herb that you spoke of ,

i dont discount that now and then that can be a little fun ,
sure it can ,,
but the preference is for non paranoid inducing pot i would think ,
and its fine for you to enjoy that sort of high ,
its just not a preference for everyone ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
HEMPY I am wondering about the "great high" we report all the time in OH lately.
I do report it since 2015 that I have found it in Seedsman. And plenty of people are reporting it from our ibl lines now.
The pheno that looked like SamS mother had the very greatest high. Probably the "floating in the hand of a giant high" SamS wrote of.
I wonder if there was other peole reporting this kind of "great highs" before me/us?

Haze#19 was ultra potent, paranoia inducing and not easy at all to handle. NH was easier. Even if it made people falling from the chairs....
Nobody ever gifted me a bag of NH because it was to strong.
But Haze#19 yes.
And this people were used to the best thais, columbians, jamiacans etc when Haze#19 arrived on the market.
It's not like "they were not used to sativa highs."
That's today where the people is not used to that.

Hi Johnny i have found Nevil's Haze plants with that high its almost like your walking on clouds and you have this glow about you going on very euphoric.

I have found 3 distinct types of highs 1 Colombian 2 Thai but the euphoric being 3 i cant link to strain specific.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
that quote is taken out of context ,,
repost it like u did before and it makes more sense ,

we are talking about what sam enjoyed about haze anyhow ,
u will see above what johnny posted , the quote ,
there is no reference to paranoid inducing herb that you spoke of ,

i dont discount that now and then that can be a little fun ,
sure it can ,,
but the preference is for non paranoid inducing pot i would think ,
and its fine for you to enjoy that sort of high ,
its just not a preference for everyone ...

Not out of context at all Donald a pure Haze that has a narcotic affect is what Sam posted and old school Colombians had this type of affect i smoked and grew plenty.

Haze#19 was ultra potent, paranoia inducing and not easy at all to handle.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

Although I grew up with sativa's I certainly don't want those old paranoid highs. I find that quite negative. I have some pot that I am currently smoking which gives a feeling of utter dread about 10 minutes into the high, an intense feeling that something bad is about to happen. Once that clears it is a nice high but I will not grow it again due to that terrible feeling. I have only grown haze hybrids so not quite sure if haze is what I want, or not?

The best old sativa's were uplifting, positive, euphoric and energetic. Some had all that and were trippy as well. Does haze have those attributes?

regseeds

Although I grew up with sativa's I certainly don't want those old paranoid highs. I find that quite negative. I have some pot that I am currently smoking which gives a feeling of utter dread about 10 minutes into the high, an intense feeling that something bad is about to happen. Once that clears it is a nice high but I will not grow it again due to that terrible feeling. I have only grown haze hybrids so not quite sure if haze is what I want, or not?

The best old sativa's were uplifting, positive, euphoric and energetic. Some had all that and were trippy as well. Does haze have those attributes?

I am smoking many NEVs haze types now. I love to sit with that intensity, you sift through your shit at rapid speed. The natural heuristic is if your smoking a strong haze, the likelihood is your monthly nut on therapy/counselling is £0. Cogito, ergo sum

The offspring in haze-hybrids produces 2 in 10 types with the classic pure, cerebral, uplifting high, those strains are great for mood, weekend, relaxation. The caveat is you do not learn too much with those strains, the intense paranoia strains receive too much bad press IMO. Those strains if you go far enough can let you answer some of life's big questions.

Who am I, what am I, why am I here.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Not out of context at all Donald a pure Haze that has a narcotic affect is what Sam posted and old school Colombians had this type of affect i smoked and grew plenty.

well consider set and setting as well as pot being subjective ,
perhaps something that makes u feel like that ,
may not do the same to me ,

and yes your post was out of context ,
if u post it all you will see what the reference was too ,
you cant quote half a sentence and have it make proper sense or see the references ,
post the whole sentence in order for the reader to see what is being referenced ,
otherwise yes it is definitely out of context ,
you know what you mean , but the reader does not ...

Originally posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post

Even the Purple Haze from back in the 70's was not really my choice, they did seem a bit stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me. They were the prettiest not the best, to me.
-SamS

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I think it is a problem of defining the effect, it is difficult to describe the effect, the high ... Anyway that description of purple haze made by Sam I think it is correct, he uses the word narcotic, I have defined it drunk , I have never found an indica (or afghanica) with such an effect ...And I found the green pheno very "electric", I could say that some remind me of some Thai, but I don't want to trigger the usual discussion ... Anyway I would say I agree that some pheno are paranoic...
Bless

Cvh

Supermod
Sam clearly posted that the Purple pheno had a bit of a narcotic effect. He wasn't talking in general about haze.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Sam clearly posted that the Purple pheno had a bit of a narcotic effect. He wasn't talking in general about haze.

I am not sure what your argument is really you guys now claim HAZE only has a clear high and your wrong and the purple Haze was from the very early Haze.

Haze#19 was ultra potent, paranoia inducing and not easy at all to handle.

Is Johnny describing a euphoric high no he is not.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I think it is a problem of defining the effect, it is difficult to describe the effect, the high ... Anyway that description of purple haze made by Sam I think it is correct, he uses the word narcotic, I have defined it drunk , I have never found an indica (or afghanica) with such an effect ...And I found the green pheno very "electric", I could say that some remind me of some Thai, but I don't want to trigger the usual discussion ... Anyway I would say I agree that some pheno are paranoic...
Bless

I am confident Sam the Skuinkman can tell the difference between a stone and a high and a narcotic effect is a heavy stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts