What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Few pages back i brought up the importance of not having pure sativas or haze or heavy haze hybrids to close to instance light once in flower.

You will see flowers close to the intense lite throw out shoots that looks like the plant wants to re veg.

Flower away from the intense light
View Image

These 2 flowers are from the top look at the one on the left it was closer to the light and threw the new growth were the other didn't that was further away.
View Image

This picture gives a better example of the growth caused from the flower being to close to the light picture was taken soon after that part of the plant was tied / trained away from the bulb.
View Image

I have seen that kind of bloom in some pictures of a well known and respected NLD and landrace grower, I always wondered why my plants didn't have that weird flower structure, now I get it.
PS I have no idea what kind of indoor lighting he uses

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
i see you use hps hempy ,
have you tried any of the new led lighting?
i wonder if the same problem exists with that??

from what im seeing they appear to be a lot more friendly with sativa ...

any plans to trial some led lights ??

Hi Donald i want to get Led for veg n moms but with the HPS all i do once into flower is train / tie away from bulb and that solves it.

I think Led are worth looking into.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I and I! Lol
Of course I know what I'm looking for, selecting plants prone to haze ...
There are times when I want to fly high, other times I want to stay at a safe distance, other times when I want to take a ride through my heavens and hells ...
Now, aside from that NH's current offerings are a joke, and they're neither NH, nor Nl5hz, but a generic indi / sat (fanboys, I'm here),true NH could be a choice to approach original haze, especially for those who do not have the skills / potential / desire to grow original haze, (growing outdoors, I know what two or three weeks ahead of harvest are, for the effect itself, you have to make a selection)I quite agree that claiming to have a haze experience with Nl5hz it is impossible,it's like claiming to have a colombian sativa experience with skunk (but similarly with a lot of selection you can get close to the sativa effect in a landrace x skunk,) Nl5hz is what it is, I can select towards the haze side (or vice versa, according to my tastes) but it's not pure haze, it's Nl5hz :)
I wrote a poem lol

cant say I dont agree LOL but it is very relative, you say it comes close. for me not. and you know I like hybrids too. I am no purist. I would love to have short flowering hybrid which smokes like 18weeks Zamal. if it exists, it doesn't exist in NLhaze. proved so many times. hybrids are nice. I like them. A5panama:
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
NH's current offerings are a joke, and they're neither NH, nor Nl5hz, but a generic indi / sat (fanboys, I'm here)

yes, I agree. except of the fact they are NH or NL5haze took to another generation. I said it already the more you inbred NL5haze, the less haze it is and magic is gone. have a nice day bro.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
The beauty of life is having conflicting opinions :)
Speaking of zamal, certain zamaldelica pheno might come close to a pure zamal ... but you have to select, as with everything ...
Pan-o-haze by JohnnyChicago is a great choice for a haze hybrid that "shortens" flowering by a few weeks, staying in the sativa spectrum, has a little more resin than pure haze and a really psychedelic high (I speak for me of course) ...
I have never tried A5x Panama, how is it?
I tried A5 x C5, the effect is powerful, but the flavor would probably like Bigherb, pure church incense hahaha

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You need to understand the basics of how genetics can combine and work and if you did you would know that a Haze out cross to even NL can give you a plant that gives you both the powerful high and long lasting Haze affect in a plant that produces more resin and yield in a faster time.

That was the reasoning behind hybridization.

Even Sam tells people to out cross food for thought.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi Donald i want to get Led for veg n moms but with the HPS all i do once into flower is train / tie away from bulb and that solves it.

I think Led are worth looking into.
i think you should have a go at flowering with them too ,
though yes they are excellent for veg and mums ,

they are not as hot and the light is not so direct , more diffused i guess and more natural looking ,
anyhow the grows ive seen , the end product speaks for itself ...

i always found more sativa types preferred the mh to the hps also,
no idea why , maybe its the blue light vs the red ,, anyhow i got better results with the metal halides,
though i think the new led are quite superior to both ...

im not much of an indoor grower , i veg cuts and mums indoors these days using led lights and they are super happy..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
i think you should have a go at flowering with them too ,
though yes they are excellent for veg and mums ,

they are not as hot and the light is not so direct , more diffused i guess and more natural looking ,
anyhow the grows ive seen , the end product speaks for itself ...

i always found more sativa types preferred the mh to the hps also,
no idea why , maybe its the blue light vs the red ,, anyhow i got better results with the metal halides,
though i think the new led are quite superior to both ...

im not much of an indoor grower , i veg cuts and mums indoors these days using led lights and they are super happy..

I get great results with HPS tried MH even the combinations of both but HPS always give the best results i end up with super big and heavy flowers.

Trick is knowing how to get the best from your plants indoors how many would think having sat or heavy sat flowers close to intense light would cause the flowers to shoot out re veg like shoots and become real airy and not fill out right.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Few pages back i brought up the importance of not having pure sativas or haze or heavy haze hybrids to close to instance light once in flower.

You will see flowers close to the intense lite throw out shoots that looks like the plant wants to re veg.

Flower away from the intense light
View Image

These 2 flowers are from the top look at the one on the left it was closer to the light and threw the new growth were the other didn't that was further away.
View Image

This picture gives a better example of the growth caused from the flower being to close to the light picture was taken soon after that part of the plant was tied / trained away from the bulb.
View Image

Here is problem with heat not with lights hempy to much heat and nutrients in this pictures caused foxtails to much N.
Give them proper vents and air flow and you will see how Hazes loves light the more you give the more they shine.

It is stupid to say that hazes and tropical cultivars dosnt like light.

You need better grow skillis to grow Neviles Haze.

Furthermore probably it taste like hay with hazes and haze doms you get haze or hay,
There is a thin line between those two.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Here is problem with heat not with lights hempy to much heat and nutrients in this pictures caused foxtails to much N.
Give them proper vents and air flow and you will see how Hazes loves light the more you give the more they shine.

It is stupid to say that hazes and tropical cultivars dosnt like light.

You need better grow skillis to grow Neviles Haze.

Further more probably it taste like hay with hazes and haze doms you get haze or hay,
There is a short line between those two.

You see the same thing in the middle of winter it has nothing to do with heat if it was only heat related then the flowers below and against the wall would all be showing the same thing and there not.

My skills are fine my NH or sativas yield huge.

Both Shantibaba and Nevil thought my Haze smoked world class funny dont you grow high CBD ?.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I get great results with HPS tried MH even the combinations of both but HPS always give the best results i end up with super big and heavy flowers.

Trick is knowing how to get the best from your plants indoors how many would think having sat or heavy sat flowers close to intense light would cause the flowers to shoot out re veg like shoots and become real airy and not fill out right.
i think its more than just the intense light because the sun outdoors is a lot more intense than those lights , and there is plenty of heat too ,
so its likely a combination of some factors coupled also with the type of spectrum ,
anyhow as i said there is less issues with the newer lights thankfully so there is a remedy ...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You get crazier every week , lay that crack pipe down because you sound like a joke.
I try to avoid you because you talk such garbage and il be replying all day otherwise but sometimes its hard to bite my tongue.

Constantly dissing Neville , then stating you have the famous Nevil Haze cut , which i dont believe at all as ive not seen the real deal in over 15 years apart from 1 time at the Highlife cup samples and your friends certainly dont supply the real deal to the coffeshops they work with in Amsterdam ? , they defo dont have the famous C5 either maybe C5 2 but defo not the famous cut Neville used to run all over Amsterdam.

Ive grown Original Haze 15 maybe 20 years back and it was nice but then i found Neville's Genetics.

Why would you grow any of Neville's Genetics if they all have Northern Lights in them and you hate it so much, you sound like such a broken record again and again , dont you get bored of repeating the same shit again and again.

Its extremely funny that Tod uses a Nevil Haze in all his Haze work X to the Original Haze
He calls in ONH , Original Nevil Haze
Why is that ? , you think he thinks Nevil Haze is garbage to ?

Its taken nearly 40 years to discover the OHaze , where have they been the last 20 years, where were the famous cuts , buds in Coffeshops etc etc
They grew 16 week Nevil Haze so Why not O Haze

Because Neville's Haze's were the refined versions of OHaze and O Haze is still very nice but most only like to smoke it not grow it , Neville made it indoor friendly and managble and better tasting by isolating
certain phenos anb working them for 20 years.

Sam has made more seeds than most including
Sk x Haze , thai x Haze , Hindu kush x Haze and the list goes on and plain truth is none were as good as Neville's strains or selections.

The grail project Neville made is easily
up there with any Haze/Sativa i smoked and his famous work and much better than any OHAZE or F2 O Haze's i tried.
:tiphat:QUOTE=MAHA ,xKALA;9128626]some still dont understand difference between real haze and hybrids. it is because they never ever grew original haze, it is simple, so they are totally in compete at this matter. they was told it is hay. no sense in discussing anything with them, when they cant make their own mind. and it is also zamal or colombian gold or colombian black and others real sativas which are around, all these are more cerebral than any neville´s haze. also if anybody says he has neville´s haze F2, this person dont understand genetics at all. as NEville´s haze was never F1. it was attempt to improve NLhaze and backcross.

Tom Hill Haze is selection of original haze. thats the fact. no doubt about it. the prove is in the smoke. yes, northern lights(I mean knock off from Nevil, not real northern lights) is very bad parent for haze hybrid, if you want something similar to true haze. thats why Nevil crossed it with MM, to make it more haze. but unfortunately it is just nice. nobody raves about it, and it is quite long time out there. except of those who are selling knock offs of it, of course. these seeds of NH are all knock offs and watered down compared to original release.

I have cut of first generation of NH :D hehe thats real one. still its effect doesn't come close to original haze as far as cerebral qualities. it is quite different. people use A5 because of strong hybrid terps, but try to improve its effect by crossing with pure sativas all the time :D hehe it is apparent. // if I remember it well. one can get really hazy neville´s haze out from 20 females, all the rest is screwed by Nevil´s "NL" as far as effect goes. so in fact you need like 200 females to make some selection out of at least 10 females. while when I get 20 females of original haze, all is 100% haze and none is screwed by heavy indica.. keep popping original haze people and dont believe influencers hired by mr. nice seeds. mr. nice seeds dont want you to grow original haze. they loose their money that way. tom hill haze is so much better. thank you Tom Hill, you are genius breeder. real breeder who put out crazy well inbred lines, and not just unstable hybrids which if you are try to inbred them they get all NL dominant. more you inbred NLhaze, the more is NL dominant in effect. thats is another fact known to every honest man, and these influencers dont like it, it doesn't help with selling knock off of Nevil´s seeds.

simply if you want real haze experience, you avoid any NLhaze. what real sativa lover grows NLhaze? I dont know any. all grew real sativas. stay calm :D[/QUOTE]

kro-magnon

Veteran
@OJD, Claiming to own famous cut is a huge flex in growers community and many claim to have the original version of a famous cut when in reality they have found a close representation in a seeds selection. In France there is many fake Sour-Diesel, OG Kush, OHaze, Amnesia,... circulating as real ones.
It's pretty sad to see how growers can go nuts for an original famous cut.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Ehh - personal insults will not be tolerated - and to resort to them often shows that you have actually lost the debate -

* - one post removed - next time the poster will be removed -

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
It's pretty sad to see how growers can go nuts for an original famous cut.

Maybe think of it like them trying to bake a cake. And that original cut is the special ingredient necessary to get the recipe just right.

Or imagine trying to replicate yourself without your parents or grandparents.

Sure you can find similar results if you are lucky.

William76

Way I understood it was both Sam and nev(rip)stated pure haze was useless for inbreeding,and to outcross it to get the best from it.thats what nev done with it with the nl.nev made it famous,shit he made it better,(and yes iv grew quite a few versions of original haze)76

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^THIS IS TRUE.

The outcrosses are excellent. I'd like to hear from more people that have inbreed haze. The more info I get the better.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Maybe think of it like them trying to bake a cake. And that original cut is the special ingredient necessary to get the recipe just right.

Or imagine trying to replicate yourself without your parents or grandparents.

Sure you can find similar results if you are lucky.

I understand why some special cuts can be desirable but I don't understand the flex attitude or faking having a cut attitude.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
In the real world I would say it's because everybody thinks their shit don't stink.
But in the weed world everybody thinks their shit stinks more.

Status
Not open for further replies.