What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatdalas

Hi Mike i think in my case its age of seed related i am starting to think its a hormone or enzyme or lack of that has caused it.

The normal seedling have taken ages to take off they look healthy but almost stayed dormant and what you would expect in a week you saw in weeks of growth.

They are starting to take off now few still dormant but what matters is they germinated after all this time.
The main problem with these seeds is usually that they do not develop through the root and they become stunted, between 30/50% usually end up sprouting over time if they are kept in very small pots and without excess humidity.
Some take up to 3 months and others end up drying out.

TheDarkStorm

Hi Mike i think in my case its age of seed related i am starting to think its a hormone or enzyme or lack of that has caused it.

The normal seedling have taken ages to take off they look healthy but almost stayed dormant and what you would expect in a week you saw in weeks of growth.

They are starting to take off now few still dormant but what matters is they germinated after all this time.

Ive seen it too hempy..an my guess is the same..age related problems with enzymes or hormones....From memory I did in the past get some to grow out of it by using the original old formula of super thrive which I think used to be loaded with plant growth hormones, mainly auxin I think. They would still be sick looking and susceptible to dieses but id get them big enough to take a cutting wich would grow out normal.

B

Benny106

Been pulling seeds out of an extremely mango green/gold thh, running her again with more leg room this time. Looking forward to smoking this one for sure, while alive the smell is very reminiscent of ssh/amniesia but takes on a deeper mango once dry. Edit: its like an extra fruity note, but you can say that is like one note above the cbg panama...very very similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The main problem with these seeds is usually that they do not develop through the root and they become stunted, between 30/50% usually end up sprouting over time if they are kept in very small pots and without excess humidity.

Ive seen it too hempy..an my guess is the same..age related problems with enzymes or hormones....From memory I did in the past get some to grow out of it by using the original old formula of super thrive which I think used to be loaded with plant growth hormones, mainly auxin I think. They would still be sick looking and susceptible to dieses but id get them big enough to take a cutting wich would grow out normal.

I really regret culling one now under a magnifying glass 1 had purpling in the leaf looked like INK stains not seen that in haze before.

When i pulled them i saw they had started a root system and sent down a tap root a few inches.

I will know for next time first time i saw this.

The other NH are doing good slowly picking up speed had a heat wave here thought they would all buckle but they all did well.

funkyhorse

Hola dalas!

This Thunk has showed first leaf today after 23 days in small pot with almost no watering in the humidity dome. I hope it will make it through the mutation stage and become a plant
picture.php

B

Benny106

I had one like that that first formed a lump and then shot a shoot out the side, through its cotylydon leaf. Now its giving out cuts as a mom. Think it took a good 4 month to veg right, maybe 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So did i miss the smoke reports from Todd's Haze reproduction work or are the smoke reports still not being posted.

I read one member post about finding a male it be the only male i seen posted to date and it was sterile no pollen bit odd i thought.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So did i miss the smoke reports from Todd's Haze reproduction work or are the smoke reports still not being posted.

I read one member post about finding a male it be the only male i seen posted to date and it was sterile no pollen bit odd i thought.

I haven't seen any posted yet. Id really like to read some.

TheDarkStorm

Hhhmm been going back through this thread....and some posts of mine discussing genetic information and history and dates of haze between me and someone else seem to have gone missing .....eg.posts like "well he wouldn't have got those if it wasnt for me"..or.."id be interested in looking at hazeC if it still can be accessed"......not offensive posts or nasty or disrespectful....why would they be deleted...they were kind of what this thread is about, wernt off topic and not things you would delete in cleaning the thread up....they were new information that weren't comon knowledge to most and could have been used constructively...the only thing I could think of that would make sense is some dont want that information to be public knowledge.......I suppose it dont really matter now. ..

By they way did anyone buy any nevils haze x ohz aka original nevils haze hybrids off tod....Anyone who got some may find the information I have very interesting.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hhhmm been going back through this thread....and some posts of mine discussing genetic information and history and dates of haze between me and someone else seem to have gone missing .....eg.posts like "well he wouldn't have got those if it wasnt for me"..or.."id be interested in looking at hazeC if it still can be accessed"......not offensive posts or nasty or disrespectful....why would they be deleted...they were kind of what this thread is about, wernt off topic and not things you would delete in cleaning the thread up....they were new information that weren't comon knowledge to most and could have been used constructively...the only thing I could think of that would make sense is some dont want that information to be public knowledge.......I suppose it dont really matter now. ..

By they way did anyone buy any nevils haze x ohz aka original nevils haze hybrids off tod....Anyone who got some may find the information I have very interesting.

Hi Dark it would not surprise me its a shame to read its happened really.

I am so tired of the Nevil bashing in this thread and others so much so that i have decided to not post on what i am currently doing.

Worse some are trying to change history with regards to Nevil's work and Roll he played. You point it out your attacked and called a troll.

Most can see what is being played out.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

try filtering your posts rather than searching page to page ,
theres a chance you missed them darkie ,
there isnt any need for anyone to delete posts really and few have the power to do that anyway ,
try checking again using filtering your posts method ...

you can do it by clicking your name on a post in the thead and use the screen that drops down , select filter posts ...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- come on now guys - lets not get into the flaming/dissing of each other again - already I had to remove 2 posts -

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it is really true that Nevil´s work is history. you cant get "original" neville´s haze beans, you cant get "original" jack herrer. it is all knock offs of this work. and watered down these days. unless you have cut of original release. especially because he never released inbred line, only high end F1 hybrids. better to go with breeders like ACE who are not making knock offs, but are producing originals, just like Nevil did in past. IMO.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
it is really true that Nevil´s work is history. you cant get "original" neville´s haze beans, you cant get "original" jack herrer. it is all knock offs of this work. and watered down these days. unless you have cut of original release. especially because he never released inbred line, only high end F1 hybrids. better to go with breeders like ACE who are not making knock offs, but are producing originals, just like Nevil did in past. IMO.

- Ya - when I lived in central Amsterdam on Warmoesstraat - right next to the Zeedijk - a block over from Damrak - there was an American fella - who lived opposite the station and he was Nev's distributor of Nev's Haze and Super Silver Haze - which were - and still are much in demand - he always did a brisk trade - that's going back 15 years or more ago -

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thats true they are still in demand. but that demand is based on the name from past. today they are moved from original release. and it is not the same, you can still find good plants tough. it is just TIME that changes it, nothing lasts forever. here folks still grow Jack(relative to SSH), but when I gave them A5panama from ACE, they were surprised how much better it is concerning raw potency, compared to their knock off Jack. just my experience. a5panama:
picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
- Ya - when I lived in central Amsterdam on Warmoesstraat - right next to the Zeedijk - a block over from Damrak - there was an American fella - who lived opposite the station and he was Nev's distributor of Nev's Haze and Super Silver Haze - which were - and still are much in demand - he always did a brisk trade - that's going back 15 years or more ago -

Hiya Gypsy that was a guy called MrHaze online he also stocked Mr nice seed to.

Mr Nice up until say 2003 2004 sold seed of NH and other Haze like SSH made by Nevil that was posted at Cannabis world by Shanti.

Lots of people got F1s made by Nevil i did as did many more and some may still have clones i know of 1.I also had F1s of NH from 97 or before and Have lots of F2s i made from them i had them tested by friends years ago.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
thats was a cool pad ,
i was in awe of the old church you could see from the upstairs window ,

and the huge Oregon beams ..

i did a tour on the bicycles with your buddy from Switzerland who used to take great pictures from a little camera he had, cant remember his name at the moment ,
he was a huge haze fan , we went to lots of coffee shops trying their wares ,
i had an awful lot of trouble riding the bike after a few stops ... lol..

good memories ...

LostTribe

Premium user
Last couple of Todd's OHz got the chop at 95 days 12/12 or 13.5w. Could have gone a few more days but will see how they turn out. I cant keep my hand out of the jars from the quicker 2. Both different and one even went purple but hard to see from my lack of camera skill.

Last to chop
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Quickest green has an evil scent leaves a heavy incense smell after smoking. Strong. 12w. Trying to reveg finally got her and the purple under led's the hps wasnt doing it. All were flowered under LED quantum boards. Starting to like these new lights might get another.
picture.php

This is the purple one and its got a darker smell and taste sort of oily its also strong and huge trichomes. 12.5w. Both of these are top notch the later few seem to have that oniony smell to them but maybe it will change with the cure. Glad to have tried these and still have plenty thanks Todd!
picture.php

LT

Status
Not open for further replies.