What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi acespicoli no the roots were fine when i pulled them out hey looked healthy and the waters fine also.

Started a few other seed different line and there all healthy as are the NH still growing even the ones i pulled were extremely healthy.

led05

Chasing The Present
born November 4th 2020View Image

looking nice Star, where did you get your seeds, which specific haze is this? Cheers

Got some great specimens & all of them have been cloned

Just take cuts of your favorite end of flower, same % will root as whenever, just a bit more patience. They also start to reveg, as they root, it's a process... But the benefits to doing this way are obvious, especially in illegal places with counts...... I've been doing this over 2 years now, exclusively, not one failed yet.... I've shared plenty of pics of heavily seeded late flowers re-vegging, others whom have seen this are welcome to attest to any disbelievers if they'd like...... Thank you

Cheers

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking nice Star, where did you get your seeds, which specific haze is this? Cheers

Just take cuts of your favorite end of flower, same % will root as whenever, just a bit more patience. They also start to reveg, as they root, it's a process... But the benefits to doing this way are obvious, especially in illegal places with counts...... I've been doing this over 2 years now, exclusively, not one failed yet.... I've shared plenty of pics of heavily seeded late flowers re-vegging, others whom have seen this are welcome to attest to any disbelievers if they'd like...... Thank you

Cheers

I’m so glad that you showed up:bow: , believe I do have the patience to pull this off & I’m going to try to the best of my ability... I got the seeds from Johnny Chicago I think he produced them from seedsman stock, he would have to tell you the year & the vintage to be specific ...and eternally grateful to you haze gods...

B

Benny106

I just smoked a plant i wrote off because of the lack of smell but damn its nice to smoke, kinda minty and very tasty. Call me shocked and perturbed.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all here something i have never seen before wondering if any ones seen this in Haze before.

I germinated some very old NH F2s i made from NH Nevil had made guessing 97 i had around 30% to 40% of the seed that germinate stay with only the 2 leaf they germinated with and not go past this point weeks and weeks later.

They were real healthy and looking at them with a magnifying glass some of these seedlings had purple coloring in the leaf.

View Image

Odd trait never seen it before a pic i found on line to show what i mean.

I have seen that. Here is a post about it back in 2014.

Blind seedlings suffer from what is known as "SAM arrest" (Shoot Apical Meristem arrest). This is a problem in some food crops that has recieved some attention in the past few years.

There is definitely a genetic predisposition for this phenomenon that varies from plant to plant.

It seems that the consensus is that the one main environmental factor that can induce SAM arrest is the exposure of the seed to cold temperatures during imbibing.

Something I saw somewhere outlined some interesting tips/techniques for minimizing SAM arrest:

1. Imbibe at room temp
  2. Imbibe at room temp for 2 hours, then dry back out very quickly. The protective effect persists.
  3. Adding some sugars (mannose? I think) to the imbibing water helps significantly.
picture.php

There are lots of other interesting things/concepts about seeds that fascinate me. I am real busy these days though, so I don't have the time to start discussing them.
mad.gif
Someday.

OH Off to a good start

picture.php

Last edited:
B

Benny106

hey shocked and perturbed, what was the strain? i have never had minty flavor yet

My worst fear.

Luckily, in this case i have still got the mother plant in veg but it serves as a lesson to us all. She is a shorter flowering thh, purple and perhaps peppery to the nose when growing. Provides a racy and motivating high with no crash or tiredness. Similar to the others i have tried so far and far from hay, very much looking forward to a better look at this line.

Fronk

Hi all here something i have never seen before wondering if any ones seen this in Haze before.

I germinated some very old NH F2s i made from NH Nevil had made guessing 97 i had around 30% to 40% of the seed that germinate stay with only the 2 leaf they germinated with and not go past this point weeks and weeks later.

They were real healthy and looking at them with a magnifying glass some of these seedlings had purple coloring in the leaf.

View Image

I’ve had one.
picture.php

Never developed new sets of leaves so tossed it.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I just smoked a plant i wrote off because of the lack of smell but damn its nice to smoke, kinda minty and very tasty. Call me shocked and perturbed.
You can't always tell by smell or looks. I have had some great stuff, pre seed bank days that had no visible trichomes and almost no smell. Effect would knock your socks off.

I hate to think what has been lost due to lack of bag appeal or aroma.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hammer thanks for the post problem with that theory is i germinated my seed in summer so cold or temps had no role.

I have germinated seed in winter many times never seen this before and to see 5 pop up was odd i am putting it down to a genetic mutation or dormancy due to the age of the seed.

Fronk yep that is it seedling stays healthy but has no vigor or ability to grow the next set of leaf.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You can't always tell by smell or looks. I have had some great stuff, pre seed bank days that had no visible trichomes and almost no smell. Effect would knock your socks off.

I hate to think what has been lost due to lack of bag appeal or aroma.

100% i have seen the same my self the only true way to tell the quality of a plant is to smoke it.

TheDarkStorm

Luckily, in this case i have still got the mother plant in veg but it serves as a lesson to us all. She is a shorter flowering thh, purple and perhaps peppery to the nose when growing. Provides a racy and motivating high with no crash or tiredness. Similar to the others i have tried so far and far from hay, very much looking forward to a better look at this line.

Minty, peppery, metalic. Has a racy kind of heart pounding high but not for too long. A shorter purple plant quite fast flowering for a sativa. You got a snap of that plant please bean.

B

Benny106

Minty, peppery, metalic. Has a racy kind of heart pounding high but not for too long. A shorter purple plant quite fast flowering for a sativa. You got a snap of that plant please bean.

She didnt make it to the prom but next run i will pull her out for some photos.;)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer thanks for the post problem with that theory is i germinated my seed in summer so cold or temps had no role.

I have germinated seed in winter many times never seen this before and to see 5 pop up was odd i am putting it down to a genetic mutation or dormancy due to the age of the seed.

Fronk yep that is it seedling stays healthy but has no vigor or ability to grow the next set of leaf.

I'm sure that was his opinion why it happens. It does tell you what that issue is called. You can at least google it and find a lot more info that can help.

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
I’m so glad that you showed up:bow: , believe I do have the patience to pull this off & I’m going to try to the best of my ability... I got the seeds from Johnny Chicago I think he produced them from seedsman stock, he would have to tell you the year & the vintage to be specific ...and eternally grateful to you haze gods...View Image View Image View Image View Image

They look great bro, Johnny CHI is as good a source as any, enjoy the grow.

unnamedmike

View Image

I recently tried to germinate +-50 bagseed seeds, local Mexican hybrid/heirloom. I germinated them in 3 times, and the 3 times, most of the seedlings behaved like the plant in your photo. I had other genetics germinating in the same place, none of them showed this characteristic.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi Mike i think in my case its age of seed related i am starting to think its a hormone or enzyme or lack of that has caused it.

The normal seedling have taken ages to take off they look healthy but almost stayed dormant and what you would expect in a week you saw in weeks of growth.

They are starting to take off now few still dormant but what matters is they germinated after all this time.

SUPER_HAZE

Hempy happened to me the same. Seeds with more than 10 years kept at room temperature. Some of them only opened the cotyledons and did not grow any more after a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts