What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dj9

To my outsider's perspective on the basis of the cuts alone I think its safe to say the keepers A and C were probably not what David W. touts as Original Haze. DW has stated what 5%? 20%? For the OHaze phenemonal keepers...hard to believe that Nev finds 2 both very keepable - just looked at thread again, both being male and David claims he can do it today but needs to grow 1000s to find them. Also dj9 posted on the E being a long flowering female that was very powerful interesting note to me!

Doesn't sound like the same seed stock to me. Someone mentioned earlier people like Nev and DW think everything came from them and sure a lot of it did but not everything. Especially less so early on before large breeding selections. How much Haze was smoked in this hazy story heh.

My dog in this discussion is that I'd like to get to the bottom of which landraces were the building blocks of haze. I think it can be done today, remade, if not better. Yes there might not be any 64 Kerala or what not around but there are unpolluted NLDs out there. Those instagram landrace guys have some interesting stuff. If the creation of haze was more of a component of breeding year after year crossing in other landrace sativas then selecting from there...well that could be done today with the time needed and careful progeny selection/testing.

A side note, lab testing and terpene analysis. If the haze high can be linked to a specific terpene or set of terpenes that terpene could be a potential marker for breeding.
Pushed too soon. The one I put in the pic is a pure Landrace with
a pure Haze profile. To look and smoke more like the modern Hazes it needs
a tighter structure but then you are changing it again.
I would hope people will start seeing the beauty in these old races
and realize that the effect often mimics the look.
Those mean looking South East Asians that make the hair stand up on a Rednecks skin ,when they see one, usually smokes that way as well. Potent , anti authority, energetic buzz.
There are a few old Haze Landraces. It will be good, to cross them all together and keep them all pure. Luckily, a high bar has been set with Nevils plants, so we all know what we are looking for.
D

Old cultures selected

herbgreen

Veteran
Allllrighty Then.

We are stackin' em high and deep over here Today!

Karma Please dont give this guy any names...

Nobody give this guy Anything!

Senor Dj9

You are officially Discredited by your own words!!!

Swami for C5!!! WTF This is a joke right?

And you are building you Own haze from the ground up....Sure you are!

No, I think I'll take my chances with Karma and YoSammy

harvestreaper

Veteran
having had the original i did try to buy swamis 88 haze 5 to have a look but he dont send to uk ,,,but the roadkill skunk jamaican kinda thrown me now having smoked the real thing back in the day right now ojd got me curios with his london haze 5 lol

D

dj9

Allllrighty Then.

Senor Dj9

Good luck Herb. A pic is worth a thousand words ..lets see yours...I showed you mine!
You Dutch guys will get a chuckle out of that one hah.
I think ole Gas is onto something.
And now I know what Nevil was on about.
So that's me ….over and out.
Long Live the Revolution
God Bless and help us all.
D

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Puff puff pass .
A5HAZEBX1 x FLASHPOINT..

picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im sorry if you felt like that bro and I'm in the Neville camp more than anyone so maybe you got me confused.
I could see you were getting a lot of questions from the start so I just sat back and read all the info.
Then I wrote a post with a few question and was skipped over , but again thought nothing of it as you said alot of questions were coming.
Then I asked another question and missed again and then next post wrote about this is a tough thread and you answered that straight away but didnt answer any of the 2 post with actual questions.
I'm just looking for the truth and I know most of it already but to be verified or denied by someone like your self who actually worked with him would be amazing instead of my guesses on somethings like I wrote

Peace
No it doesn't .And Sammy. If you know J just ask him yourself.
Mention Venray. It will end all this nonsense.
Trying to discredit someone who came on with
honest intention, is the childish part.
Your doing it right now. Bigherb did it,
Royal flush did it...ojd did it , Chicago did it but has the balls to apologize. So cut the bs.
If everyone is only worried about their seed biz
its only naturel. But I didn't know that's was this was going to be about.
If you talk to J ,and he tells you how it was, I hope you have the balls to also come on here and apologize. Then we can make some real progress. So everyone who wants ,
can get all the Hazes from everyone offering, and enjoy.
D

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread has got very wierd though and everyone has signed of LOL without any more answers than we already knew or I did

dannykarey

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEEyLdFu0yo&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBEIF]

Ran across this on another site, some peeps might get a kick out of it ..... Party at the Cannabis Castle during the 1994 Cannabis cup.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Was Nevil involved in the development of Lemon Thai?

No that was Dutch Flowers they first showed up in CW no one knows who they are but a few rumors were getting around on who they could be.

There offering were Auctioned at CW and went for stupid money from what i remember.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Allllrighty Then.

Senor Dj9

So herbgreen what have you contributed to this Thread apart from trolling and attacking my spelling ?.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8791376&postcount=56
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8791398&postcount=59

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8791846&postcount=72

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8791856&postcount=75

herbgreen you then target Mr nice claiming there A5 that came from Nev is now dead and they are using a new version of A5.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8792370&postcount=134

Then you start attacking my spelling again.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8794270&postcount=236

herbgreen have you ever posted a grow thread or a picture of a plant you grew ?, I cant see any pictures in your Gallery.

I get it your an Ace /Karma /Sammy/ Sam fan but that dont give you the right to troll me or Dj9 or discredit others like Mr Nice as you have.

herbgreenhave you read ICMAG forum rules you should as your braking many of them.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
A smart person would be asking questions like how many A5 haze plants did Nev grow out to select the A5 mom clone he used for breeding and why did Nev select that A5 plant that had small finger tip buds with a sativa frame over better siblings.

How many plants did Nev grow out for the SSH.

You had the guy that was there with Nev here to answer questions but instead you trolled him great job.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread has got very wierd though and everyone has signed of LOL without any more answers than we already knew or I did

Hola ojd :)

Purple Colombian f x Golden Thai/ Guerrero Gold m LOLOL :biggrin:

CodyPomeray

As an outsider with no knowledge of the haze inner workings, a question that came to my mind was theft ever an issue? Ive had cuts go missing outta my garden so many times so I wonder if there was ever stolen cuts and folks trying to hide their origins through bullshit stories and misinformation of "their" haze. Anything like this ever come up back then or was it all gravy and everyone was friends?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
As an outsider with no knowledge of the haze inner workings, a question that came to my mind was theft ever an issue? Ive had cuts go missing outta my garden so many times so I wonder if there was ever stolen cuts and folks trying to hide their origins through bullshit stories and misinformation of "their" haze. Anything like this ever come up back then or was it all gravy and everyone was friends?

There was a clone of the white widow getting around years ago called the 98 Aloha White Widow as the story went by some it was a cut taken from the White widow cup winner on display at the cannabis cup.

So allegedly some one took a cut of a fully flowered plant on display at the cup then got it home and had the clone root and re veg.

This is the type of bull shit the industry is built on.

TheDarkStorm

There was a clone of the white widow getting around years ago called the 98 Aloha White Widow as the story went by some it was a cut taken from the White widow cup winner on display at the cannabis cup.

So allegedly some one took a cut of a fully flowered plant on display at the cup then got it home and had the clone root and re veg.

This is the type of bull shit the industry is built on.
a couple of the Amsterdam seed companies wer claiming this as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts