What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
a couple of the Amsterdam seed companies wer claiming this as well..

Hi storm a smart person would or should read bull shit like this when its posted.

Shanti had this saying went something like An empty drum makes more noise than a full one when hit.

Nexus7

@dj9

A smart person would be asking questions like how many A5 haze plants did Nev grow out to select the A5 mom clone he used for breeding and why did Nev select that A5 plant that had small finger tip buds with a sativa frame over better siblings.

Good question hempy. Also how many seeds made total of the A5? Estimate is fine. Since the Haze A died early would be nice to know how A5's could be going around.

Also about the possibility of multiple A5 cuts. Up to 5 going round I believe?

So is it possible only Shanti has the breeder A5 cut ie the one for making seeds? While Karma and YS had the production cut for smoking and supplying coffee shops?

Peace

N7

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi Donald Northern NSW was the spot so now we gone from indoor cannabis is not as good as out doors cannabis to now tropical is better than subtropical cannabis :dueling:
Haze was said to be some of the best cannabis were was that grown Cali was that grown in the tropics no.

I am not saying cannabis grown in the tropics or sub tropics or even if its grown in the Snowy Mountains is the best i thought that came down to genetics and the grower growing set genetics with love.

What would i know
not as much as your buddy apparently ,
he seems to think the tropical climate is superior to indoors ,
here is what he wrote hempy ..

You are right about that Mex. Even in the original clones you would get genetic drift.
30 years being grown in dank Dutch grow rooms couldn't have done much to improve it.
Hazes from Holland grown in the tropics quickly went back to longer flowering times and better profiles. The same cuts have different notes year to year depending on the conditions.
This is all much clearer when growing outdoors with no pressure to finish.
D

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
@dj9

Good question hempy. Also how many seeds made total of the A5? Estimate is fine. Since the Haze A died early would be nice to know how A5's could be going around.

Also about the possibility of multiple A5 cuts. Up to 5 going round I believe?

So is it possible only Shanti has the breeder A5 cut ie the one for making seeds? While Karma and YS had the production cut for smoking and supplying coffee shops?

Peace

N7

The thread has been hijacked by trolls that dont like Nevil they have proved that in may threads in other forums also they clearly have agendas.

Dj9 was the south crew that supplied J at Brenda at the time Nevil was in Holland and saw the Haze work and Parent Plants from Nevil.

People had a great opportunity to ask questions and get them answered instead BigHerb and co trolled the thread and made a joke of it look at how many views this thread has had in a very short time.

I don't think Dj9 will be coming back to answer any more questions or talk about the real history good or bad that was the dutch haze story from Nevil's perspective a big loss if you ask me.

harvestreaper

Veteran
i dont understand all this sensitivety ,,,,let people say what they want ,,the plants do the real talking ,,no trolls gonna sweep nevilles name under the carpet its set in stone no need to shy away or get drawn into bs convos let freedom reighn those with eyes will soon see who is who and what is what same as it ever was

Nexus7

Yeah it would be bad for us all if he didn't come back. Still lots of unanswered questions, like when's this A5 smoke off and Haze cup going ahead? But especially if dj9 hadn't been use to forums before I can see how he thought people were giving him a hard time.

I was thinking it was a little strange to recommend Swami for C5 Haze but after giving it some thought I think dj9 raises a valid point.

If these cuts have been grown in dank dutch basements for 30+ years away from their natural climate and lifecycle it's surely going to have some effect on gene expression. While I don't think genetic drift is the correct term some genes will be silenced and can possibly explain why seed co's swear black and blue they still have said parents but growers aren't finding expressions and keepers like they did in the past. Then again maybe they don't want to risk the loss in sales if they come out with the truth.

Personally I think more line breeding with the goal to stabilize certain desirable features in regular format is needed by seed co's these days. Sure strains may vary slightly from year-to-year but it seems manipulating nature and keeping clones for extended time may also have some undesirable effects too.

Peace,

N7

Raho

Veteran
I've always wanted to have a Haze cup and that would be an amazing idea

Peace
TopDawg seeds is doing something like that in New York on April 4th.
Chem and Haze competition.

They announced it on instagram:
attachment.php

Attachments

• topdawg chem and haze comp 4-4-20.jpg
    topdawg chem and haze comp 4-4-20.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 22

Raho

Veteran
Hempy, I hate to say it but you have really reverted to your old persecution complex from the MNS days.

When you first came here after such a long time away from the forums, you seemed to have a much thicker skin and resisted the tendency to take things personally.
Maybe this topic is just too close to your heart to stay clearheaded and let people state their piece when they believe things you disagree with. I don't know.

It's clear that you set Dj9's expectations to believe that this place is "filled with Nevil haters and that they would troll and attack him."
I suppose you felt like you were doing him a favor by preparing him for what you expected, but instead of inoculating him against an attack, you infected him with negativity.
I didn't see a single person go after you or Dj9 personally.

Some of the most active participants here have well known beliefs about the history of haze from Nevil's work. Of course they would want to test their theories against any new source of info and dig for revelations.

Some of them have spent their lives in Holland where Nev did his best work, established relationships with other people that were friends with Nev back in the day, and then dedicated years to the pursuit and preservation of the last remaining specimens from Nevil's own hands. They have nothing but respect for Nevil.
Whenever comments from those people contradicted your own beliefs, you felt like they were attacking you and Dj9.
They weren't.

As this thread winds down now with Dj9's departure, I hope you can take a step back to cool off and look again at the people who have been trying to learn from your friend's experiences in a different light.

My observations suggest the biggest cause to these conflicts seems to be a HUGE amount of misinterpretation by people when hearing or reading old stories and then trying to resolve the information with other puzzle pieces to complete a logical picture of events. Things sometimes don't fit with our vision so somebody else must be "wrong."

Reading comprehension is also at all time lows everywhere in this messed up digital world, so that doesn't help either.

We also tend to misread each other's intentions on the forums and that can lead to very personal conflicts like you seem to be feeling.

Anyway, this thread didn't need to turn out like this, but thanks for inviting Dj9 to share his stories with us. There is some good info in here despite all the unnecessary conflict.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
No that was Dutch Flowers they first showed up in CW no one knows who they are but a few rumors were getting around on who they could be.

There offering were Auctioned at CW and went for stupid money from what i remember.

It could be, but thnx for the info.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy, I hate to say it but you have really reverted to your old persecution complex from the MNS days.

When you first came here after such a long time away from the forums, you seemed to have a much thicker skin and resisted the tendency to take things personally.
Maybe this topic is just too close to your heart to stay clearheaded and let people state their piece when they believe things you disagree with. I don't know.

It's clear that you set Dj9's expectations to believe that this place is "filled with Nevil haters and that they would troll and attack him."
I suppose you felt like you were doing him a favor by preparing him for what you expected, but instead of inoculating him against an attack, you infected him with negativity.
I didn't see a single person go after you or Dj9 personally.

Some of the most active participants here have well known beliefs about the history of haze from Nevil's work. Of course they would want to test their theories against any new source of info and dig for revelations.

Some of them have spent their lives in Holland where Nev did his best work, established relationships with other people that were friends with Nev back in the day, and then dedicated years to the pursuit and preservation of the last remaining specimens from Nevil's own hands. They have nothing but respect for Nevil.
Whenever comments from those people contradicted your own beliefs, you felt like they were attacking you and Dj9.
They weren't.

As this thread winds down now with Dj9's departure, I hope you can take a step back to cool off and look again at the people who have been trying to learn from your friend's experiences in a different light.

My observations suggest the biggest cause to these conflicts seems to be a HUGE amount of misinterpretation by people when hearing or reading old stories and then trying to resolve the information with other puzzle pieces to complete a logical picture of events. Things sometimes don't fit with our vision so somebody else must be "wrong."

Reading comprehension is also at all time lows everywhere in this messed up digital world, so that doesn't help either.

We also tend to misread each other's intentions on the forums and that can lead to very personal conflicts like you seem to be feeling.

Anyway, this thread didn't need to turn out like this, but thanks for inviting Dj9 to share his stories with us.
There is some good info in here despite all the unnecessary conflict.

Ha Raho first off your the one dragging up the past and bringing it here to icmag not me great job.

You blame me for what happened at mrnice yet i am the one that had 2 members threaten to rat me out in full view of all members of the forum people you called mates i have the screens shots so again you continue blaming the victim of trolls.

I logged into Icmag and posted on bushy seeds and correct the lies.

Show me were i have insulted a single member or trolled them .I posted in bigherbs thread and was told to go.I started my own then it gets trolled by your friends and you blame me for it what planet you living on man.

This is a classic troll move Raho you troll a thread and kill it and then blame the victim and you honestly think people cant see this.

Grow up.

JohnnyChicago

I was thinking it was a little strange to recommend Swami for C5 Haze

The whole discussion here is more about the A5.

Even if karma don't hold tue real a5 cut, it will be probably something like an S1 or F1 or at least something that carries the terps of the HazeA so many people are looking for since ages.

Don't understand why I should look for HazeA in a NL5XhazeC F6 then...

Especially when I know I have smoked that A5 for over a decade, often drove 400km after work on friday evenings to buy my bag of a5 and now people want make me beleive this shit was a fake and never happened.

But possibly it is like @Hempy said (thank for having answered my question) that the cut that is being held since mid 90 there further down in the south was just from a seed that came from the a5 cut.
But then it is still the very best source for HazeA...

G

Haze = stubbornness. For real.
And passion.
Been watching the haze boys argue for maybe 10 years.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I asked some legitimate questions to a few people in this story and they all bail ?

I hope you dont think I'm a troll who chased him of as I only asked dj69 2 questions to which none were answered and when he replied to my post about me saying this is a hard thread I thought it strange he skipped my actual questions about this story or why he suggested swami seeds as the best place for these Genetics.

I have my own first hand experience touring Amsterdam for the last 20 years and was hoping some questions could be answered especially around the C5 which everyone forgets was much more prevalent in Amsterdam especially after Neville sold the seedbank to sensi seeds and Neville continued to make seeds for them.
99% of Haze flowers and seeds was all from the C5 and C Haze from 2000 onwards and that's all I see from Neville when he was still working in Amsterdam undercover supplying seeds and buds to Coffeshops including Greenhouse coffeshop untill Neville moved on. Then 1 day the Dampkring Coffeshop established a link much later over a decade later with A5 the grower who is the holder of the old famous cuts A5, AG13, HPH etc and they started to recive flowers.
But a decade plus these were nowhere to be seen and only many C5 hybrids all over town in all the famous Coffeshops that sold quality Haze.

A5 and the hybrids are amazing but so is the C5 and hybrids and people only want to talk about the A5 but the C5 and C Haze male are just as important to this story and as good.

To me the swami NL5 Haze is nothing like the old C5 cut and like I said at F5 has been bred in swami direction( not saying a bad word against it) which doesnt look or grow or sound like it from grow reports pics etc etc , doesn't mean it's not real nice but just F5 it has become more towards 1 direction and Neville selection was much more Sativa looking leaning with needing at least 12 weeks and would grow long colas of the Pine/Lemon/Church with the most amazing flavour and clear up High.
Even the SSH was much more like the C5 than swami NL5 Haze which I've seen is much more Indica dom even swami saying that a few pages back but also saying the Haze/ acid phenos are still in there , but from my research the Sativa doms are much less rare in that line.

This internet thing is hard work and can defo scare people of with trolls or even to much questions coming at someone especially for the older generation who are not so up to date with the internet etc.

I just wanted a few questions answered if anyone had the answers and if not no problem but when some of these figures turn up here of course we want to ask questions and some wont be easy to answer or they dont want to answer but that would of been a simple I dont know reply or I prefer not to answer and that would of been enough for me .

Like was said earlier I have a 5A clone from the late 80's received in london all those years back and will do my own project with it and when the project is finished (much later in the year in September )free seeds for any long standing member in this thread and any of the Haze threads on this site.

Peace

Canna-bill

Hi OJD, I may have you confused with someone else but did u have a 100day GHS 98 SSH at one stage? Were u a member at Cannetics?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
its ironic you use the avatar you do hempy ,
you are far from being victim either ,
you would be better described as a victim/perpetrator,

i for one have tried to be civil toward you on many occasions ,
but you ignore it and claim im victimizing you on every chance if i disagree with you ,

you call guys like sammy; and karma liers just because you dont know the scene they have been in and you werent there ,
and you cant stand to think they have something you dont maybe , or something you werent told about ,

you fell out with nevil , by your own words you admit it ,
i can see why man , you probably told him what he did wasnt true as you have read different , or a friend told you something and u prefer his version ..

you are a stubborn and hard to get along with person hempy

this thread has proved it beyond a doubt ,
each time you have a small win ,
you crow a little and become even more egotistical and deny anyone elses honest and likely true story even more so ..

i know you will attack me for saying what i have ,
but you have to endure criticism in a public forum

and rather than being so controlling , and negative ,

as your avatar suggests , you should try being a more diplomatic person in the future ..

work with people , allow them the freedom to give their opinion , without attacking them , or claiming to be a victim ...

maybe im wasting my breath , but anyhow someone has to tell you i reckon ...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No bro I've never been on that site but i have grown out the 100 days SSH and all the other phenos from seed many times including the 8 weeks pheno all the way through to the longest 14-16 week phenos which you dont see as much any more.

Peace
Hi OJD, I may have you confused with someone else but did u have a 100day GHS 98 SSH at one stage? Were u a member at Cannetics?

Nexus7

Aceseeds said:
Flavor Profile
The smell is pure incense mixed with strange rotten organic aromas. The taste is dark, liver, pure incense, rotten organic floral aromas with touches of rotten tropical fruits too. It burns producing that scandalous dutch Haze incense aroma from the 90s that we all the haze lovers love. Terpene profile: Monoterpenes: Mainly myrcene (more than 50 %), followed by alpha pinene, trans ocimene, limonene, beta pinene and linalool. Sesquiterpenes: A bit more than half of beta caryophyllene and the rest guaiol.

Oral History
A5 Haze was received in clone form from Yo Sammy, who sourced it from Karma Genetics. This A5 Haze is the mother of our Killer A5 Haze strain.

Pedigree
Mother: Northern Lights #5
Father: Haze A

:)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Haze aficionado's have been arguing about it for much longer than that - I've had an ear full for at least 30 years about - 'who's got the best haze' - and 'who made the original haze' - and 'my haze is better than your haze' - etc - etc - ad infinitum - lol

* - and I daresay that they will continue - bring forth the debate -

Haze = stubbornness. For real.
And passion.
Been watching the haze boys argue for maybe 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts