What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellfire

Thanks Herb, I forgot to add its like 3 cups of coffee with a small side of shrooms haha.
I'll keep you posted for sure. I am bringing a male of it into the NH and see what happens.
D

Where did the 'landrace Haze' come from or is that to be announced later? Curious it looks like some of the rarer NLDs from India

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I got the old yellow packs from Mr.Haze in Dam.

My friend Cannarado made the F2.s from them one batch with the longer flowering males, and a batch with the faster males. The pictures i posted before in this thread are from the f2 longer flowering male.
There is a lot of variation in it.

We went threw more then 2000 seeds in this selection last year, we on the second selection round from clone now.

Here is some pictures of the F2.s from the faster flowering males.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Damn...I don’t know what else to say...”impressive” comes to mind...”awesome” also comes to mind...heh

HB.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Hawaiian Haze Water works is the best Haze Hash I have ever smoked.
It was available at the cup 2 years 1 year at tweed de Kramer and the other at the Original Dampkring and tasted of the best tasting C5 I've ever sampled ,
it must of been made with the Hawaiian Haze cut or if not the C5 .
The Hash was Red
I would pay triple the price
if that was ever available again and it was €50 a gram back then.
I must of bought 20 grams over the week including
bringing 5 grams home to the UK that lasted me 6 months only smoked on special occasions and Christmas .
Anyone try that ?

They had a whole menu of water works 1 year and also had Somas Famous NYCD Red Grapefruit cut Hash to and that's the 2nd best Hash I have ever tried also.
That was the best year ever.

Peace
Hi Dj8 was the Hawaiian indica sensi offered any relation to the Hawaiian Nev used in the Hawaiian haze.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I never smoked the Hawaiian Haze Nev told me that was one of his favorites he did like hash.We got a lot of good hash here i remember the leb blonde 79 say to 80 lots of good black hash to.

A mate smuggled back temple ball hash from the Dam in 86 told me it was the best in Holland came over we had a smoke i them pulled out what we were getting it blew it away.

Mate was getting this hash for years it had the high of the best Thai so i assume it came from Asia.

GoatCheese

Veteran
There is no attitude LOL but where are all these phenos from all these bx and projects made from the Original Haze which sam didnt create at all , he just took some seed and remade them like me and everyone else and every time it got worse and worse so please do tell me what was done to improve or even keep as same quality that was done by sam or anyone else ?
I'm all ears.
Its common knowledge that every reproduction done took it further from the Grail we are talking about.
How come A5 and C5 are still up there with the best, because they started with the best.
Sam has had and not only sam everyone in Holland
and this industry has had Haze to play with all these years and where are those legendary
plants ? .

I do what every other seed company does , use exceptional plants to make seeds giving the customer the chance to taste what we have in our own rooms.

I dont claim to do anything else and do the same as every other company out there but instead I use my own best plants mixed with a selected Male or my best plants Reversed onto itself or another of my best plants.
Why dont you start up a seed co of it's that easy and il put my best next to yours anyday !

Hasn't Sam said he didn't even try to improve Haze, cause he thought it was better breeding material than as pure Haze. And that was my point, make a good hybrid with traditional/landrace genetics, instead of pretending feming OG Kush and Cheese or what ever is some great achievement.

Why Haze has just gotten worse? Selection. We went thru this already. = If there are diamond males in pure Haze genetics, then there are diamond females too. It's very simple if you think about it abit.

Started with the best?! According to who!? Best sativa i have smoked was pure thai, any Haze hybrid i have tried hasn't even come close. And imo, NL5 indicas are lethargic, mongy and boring, Nevil's Maple Leaf-genetics were/are much, much better. Just my opinion. So what best?

Start a seed company? Not interested at all. Market is over saturated with "breeders" who bang out OG Kush hybrids etc. (Nobody would care for OG Kush that much if it wasn't for few rappers. Just an opinion)

Maybe we should move on, so that we don't ruin this thread. Breath into a paper bag if you have to.
:tiphat:

NEED 4 SEED

Intresting...that looks totally different to how it should...iv seen somewer arjan post that they stopped selling the s1 seeds from the super silver haze clone they held for a number of years cuz they wanted to see if anyone still had the clone...bit of a silly excuse...wonder wat theve been selling insted.

Can you point me to the post?

TheDarkStorm

Hasn't Sam said he didn't even try to improve Haze, cause he thought it was better breeding material than as pure Haze. And that was my point, make a good hybrid with traditional/landrace genetics, instead of pretending feming OG Kush and Cheese or what ever is some great achievement.

Why Haze has just gotten worse? Selection. We went thru this already. = If there are diamond males in pure Haze genetics, then there are diamond females too. It's very simple if you think about it abit.

Started with the best?! According to who!? Best sativa i have smoked was pure thai, any Haze hybrid i have tried hasn't even come close. And imo, NL5 indicas are lethargic, mongy and boring, Nevil's Maple Leaf-genetics were/are much, much better. Just my opinion. So what best?

Start a seed company? Not interested at all. Market is over saturated with "breeders" who bang out OG Kush hybrids etc. (Nobody would care for OG Kush that much if it wasn't for few rappers. Just an opinion)

Maybe we should move on, so that we don't ruin this thread. Breath into a paper bag if you have to.
:tiphat:

Goats cheese which thai do you like ? Dj's landrace reminds me of somthing a friend once had we called the black it was a very old lowland thai that was mighty strong....very dark over powering,camphor ,more kina dark chocolate bitter leather type but not sweetness to it tho...if you smoked a j to yourself youd be done in and have to lie down...youd sink in to the bed and the walls used feel like ther moving an the bed start spining you mind would play some serious tricks on you but your body would feel it too..that was probably the most powerful stuff id ever come across.. the guy holding that lost it to the law.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When i first logged on line around 2000 and started to read things like Vig Highs Forum and cannabis world OG what surprised me was the lack of people growing pure sativas and the lack of understanding of good sativas.

Even with haze not that many were growing them most wanted fast flowers and great bag appeal not my way of thinking i always believed you grew for the affect and only for affect.

I had no faith in dutch genetics from the few things i tried in the past but then i found Shantibaba over at mr nice at Cannabis world.

I got hold of test seed of the MH ShitHaze NH and a few other things first thing i ran was Mangohaze.As they were test seed we had a test seed post were people testing MH posted.First thing i saw was people culling the jungle sat phinos claiming they were not practical HUGE mistake on there part.

I started harvesting MH at 18weeks to 20 what i found ended up changed my attitude towards dutch genetics.Not all phinos were amazing only 2 were but rest were good but why keep good if you have amazing. Both were as good as any Thai or other sat i had ever grown or smoked and that started my haze fascination.

I then grew NH after harvest and again selecting the best of the group again i found good but also a few amazing plants and the First thing i worked out smoking Nev's haze was how it smoked just like the old Mullum and the tripping weed we had here but also like good Thai.

If we fast forward 20 years we still see people wanting bag appeal and fast flowers but now we are seeing more wanting the haze high.

Nev to many peoples supersize logged on line and started interacted with any that posted he answered question but what he also did that few seam to get is explain how pure Haze he grew acted when inbreed and what it did if out crossed.He left us the formula but few got it and still dont.Sam has also said the same again most dont read between the lines.

People that have grown many of Nev's F1s would of seen set types of haze phinos being expressed its not hard to pick out NL traits or say Sk but how many took notice of the Sativa side of the family being expressed.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the gargantuan SSH pheno I discovered in the 2003 pack :biggrin: please don't laugh at my old grow method for up potting , but it worked ...
picture.php
picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
Not sure what this one is about but I also knew and visited Roger in NY, and smoked
his Hawaiian. He also had a great hybrid called University bud.
I rolled the Hawaiian Haze joints for the 89 cup at the Hash museum in A'dam.
I think it won 2nd place. Actually I rolled them in Nevils car , while he drove on the way to the cup. There is certainly pics of that, and us, in the High Times archives.
The reason we left early is because they were also taking more pics of us than the weed.
That Hawaiian Haze, I thought ,was one of Nevils best strains.
D

These post from Nevil might not be enough verification for you both I think it speaks for itself

Replace both with But , in this sentence i wasn’t suggesting anything about you , But in that post

I was suggesting if you are friends with J**** then you could verify that the clone only HazeS were shared amongst Nevils friends in south Holland . If you were around then you wouldn’t even have to ask J because I’d assume you’re familiar with some of the South Holland crew Nevil shared his special clones with

Hawaiian Haze and HashplantHaze were amongst the best smoke I’ve experienced in Amsterdam

1luvbigherb

D

dj9

Replace both with But , in this sentence i wasn’t suggesting anything about you , But in that post

I was suggesting if you are friends with J**** then you could verify that the clone only HazeS were shared amongst Nevils friends in south Holland . If you were around then you wouldn’t even have to ask J because I’d assume you’re familiar with some of the South Holland crew Nevil shared his special clones with

Hawaiian Haze and HashplantHaze were amongst the best smoke I’ve experienced in Amsterdam

1luvbigherb
Herb ...I was the South Holland crew. Who it is now ? Don't know.
And yes I have been to the boat many times.
If you know J... Herb ..ask him where he got his Haze
in the early 90s.
Don't attack me about things you wernt there to see for your self Herb.
I am certainly not doing that to you.
For some reason, that I know nothing about
you are trying to discredit me. Do tell Herb ,
whats the problem. I am trying to tell some good stories,
about those important days, as best as I can remember them.
For no other reason than I told Nevil I would.
I have a lot of experience with Hazes and everything else which I
had hoped would be of some value to someone.
I never said I was friends with J. He was a friend of Nevils and a
good man who used to visit our farm once in a while.
Anyway ...onward
D

Had the best and most expensive hash in Holland.

bigherb

Veteran
in the early 90s.
Anyway ...onward
D

Hempy words below . Not sure you have read this

Dj9 knows J from Brenda and Dj9 has described what A5 looked like i also know what Nev told me.

I meant no disrespect

I’m not sure at all of anything I said that upset you

I’m not discrediting you in anyway in that post

I’m suggesting to Hempy if he doubts Karma Yosemite Sams and there Friends

He simply could ask you if J or anyone else recieved the old Haze clones from Nevil

You have had the opportunity to agree or disagree several times now . But you decided to not respond to the topic and get upset about my simple / obvious suggestion to your friend Hempy

I appreciate your contributions thus far , especially those gorgeous sativa pics and report . I hope to see more

1luvbigherb

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
in the early 90s.
Anyway ...onward
D

So basically you cannot confirm the existence or legitimacy of the cuts held by the current South Holland crew?

P.S I'm in no way trying to discredit nor attack your character with this question.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You just cant help it can you BigHerb again with the interrogations i never saw you do this to Sammy or Karma or Sam or others but if it involved Nev or Shanti your up them like a rat in a drain pipe.

Fancy that Dj9 being the South Holland Crew.

I tried to be political and polite about the cuts i my self never saw the real ones but Dj9 has and i asked Nev if these cuts were real .

Stop interrogating people treat people how you your self want to be treated and if you cant then you know were the door is .

So basically you cannot confirm the existence or legitimacy of the cuts held by the current South Holland crew?

P.S I'm in no way trying to discredit nor attack your character with this question.

Dj9 did post way back and said he has yet to see a picture online that resembled the A5 clone.

bigherb

Veteran
Hempy

The pot calling the kettle black

DJ9 can speak for himself

Whatever questions I’ve had I’ve ask my whole time on the net and I’ve always done so Respectfully . No matter who it is , wether it be curiosity doubts contradictions . I live my life by , I treat others how they treat me . Respect is not given it’s earned . We all bleed the same

Status
Not open for further replies.