What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gypsy Nirvana - Simple/Stupid Way - to grow good Cannabis - for £1/$1.20 -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
have you tried northern lights auto, or any of these before ?:
Back in 1996 I did grow indoors some Northern Lights #2 (Oasis) hydroponically in Grodan rock wool slabs with Canna nutes - but no Cuddles - haven't tried any auto NL before - sounds interesting

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Time for an update I 'spose - The Amnesia Kush's are nearing the end of their lives now - the big fan leaves have been turning yellow this past week - and more flowers have grown - full of sticky and fragrant resin - we are due a sunny hot spell according to the weather forecast - in this first week of September and later on - so I'll let them enjoy those sunny/warm days - before chop-chop time -
2023-09-0207.13.051392583519937337377.jpg

2023-09-0207.13.568055588942366210744.jpg

2023-09-0207.25.446913798634891549752.jpg

Last edited:

Ca++

After a bad couple of months, the two weeks ahead could mean everything. You could think about a little N to let them keep budding for that time. Preserve them solar panels, and avoid any dying off, that are anchored within the buds. That's a real risk with two weeks left. I have lost so many buds, to mold forming where the leaf stem joins, within a bud. Watch for the slightest curling of them yellow leaves. Any distortion is a sure sign of mold at play.

I know you are trying to spend very little here, so perhaps people have some free N ideas (without pissing on them)

I like the ethos. There is something about smoking with outdoor, that indoor just can't compete with. It's just 'right'

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
After a bad couple of months, the two weeks ahead could mean everything. You could think about a little N to let them keep budding for that time. Preserve them solar panels, and avoid any dying off, that are anchored within the buds. That's a real risk with two weeks left. I have lost so many buds, to mold forming where the leaf stem joins, within a bud. Watch for the slightest curling of them yellow leaves. Any distortion is a sure sign of mold at play.

I know you are trying to spend very little here, so perhaps people have some free N ideas (without pissing on them)

I like the ethos. There is something about smoking with outdoor, that indoor just can't compete with. It's just 'right'
Thanks for the post - but I don't think that I'll have any mould problems - based on the last few years growing up here on the balcony - its quite breezy most of the time - and not so humid when the sun is out - and judging by the weather forecast - we are in for very little rain if any in the next coupla weeks - and lots of sunshine - in past grows here - I haven't seen any mould at all develop at this time of year - if it were to happen - then it's usually late September into October when it gets wetter and colder and by then my plants are already long harvested - as for adding nitrogen - how would I do that without having to buy a bottle of something? -

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks mr.brunch - they certainly do smell divine - and if they taste as good as they smell - then I will be as 'happy as Larry' (always wondered who Larry was - lol)
It originates from an Australian boxer called Larry Foley in the 1890s, before boxing was fully legalised. He won the biggest prize of about $150,000 dollars and a newspaper article in New Zealand had the headline “Happy As Larry” and the phrase stuck.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the post - but I don't think that I'll have any mould problems - based on the last few years growing up here on the balcony - its quite breezy most of the time - and not so humid when the sun is out - and judging by the weather forecast - we are in for very little rain if any in the next coupla weeks - and lots of sunshine - in past grows here - I haven't seen any mould at all develop at this time of year - if it were to happen - then it's usually late September into October when it gets wetter and colder and by then my plants are already long harvested - as for adding nitrogen - how would I do that without having to buy a bottle of something? -
It looks good :) 👍

Ca++

Free nitrogen. It's had me thinking. It's no joke, that we pee out something like 18:2:5 which is about 3x as strong as an off the shelf feed, where nitrogen is concerned. The PK isn't a bad balance either. You might try a teaspoon in every 5L of water. Though it's urea so will take a while to become an ideal N source. So something better, and perhaps less icky, would be nice.

I was thinking about blending up very green leaves, as a tea. It was probably crazy, but some organic growers might be able to offer some dosing advice.

N washes out quite easily, so if you have some compost, you could make a tea to take N from new compost, to feed your tiring pots.

Organic is an area of growing, I have not touched. The butcher might offer some free blood, which is fast to convert, but still only half will be available in 3 weeks. Most N sources will take longer to become useful.
Could you scrounge a splash of miracle grow from somewhere? Then it's free, or realistically only pennies worth. Plant foods tend to be the right N, already.

I must put a warning here, for future readers. Things like Miracle Grow are often not suited as a single feed for pot plants. Here I'm looking at it's high N, and thinking about using a very low dose. Almost like it's a bottle (or bag) of nothing but N. I'm not suggesting people grow with it as a solitary input. It's just useful as an amendment sometimes.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Free nitrogen. It's had me thinking. It's no joke, that we pee out something like 18:2:5 which is about 3x as strong as an off the shelf feed, where nitrogen is concerned. The PK isn't a bad balance either. You might try a teaspoon in every 5L of water. Though it's urea so will take a while to become an ideal N source. So something better, and perhaps less icky, would be nice.

I was thinking about blending up very green leaves, as a tea. It was probably crazy, but some organic growers might be able to offer some dosing advice.

N washes out quite easily, so if you have some compost, you could make a tea to take N from new compost, to feed your tiring pots.

Organic is an area of growing, I have not touched. The butcher might offer some free blood, which is fast to convert, but still only half will be available in 3 weeks. Most N sources will take longer to become useful.
Could you scrounge a splash of miracle grow from somewhere? Then it's free, or realistically only pennies worth. Plant foods tend to be the right N, already.

I must put a warning here, for future readers. Things like Miracle Grow are often not suited as a single feed for pot plants. Here I'm looking at it's high N, and thinking about using a very low dose. Almost like it's a bottle (or bag) of nothing but N. I'm not suggesting people grow with it as a solitary input. It's just useful as an amendment sometimes.
2023-09-0310.28.257689619114557273883.jpg

Hmmm - for a couple of months now I have been taking a timed release vitamin C supplement every day - along with B Complex - Zinc and Magnesium(oxide,taurate and citrate) - D3 and K2 - plus Flax Seed Oil (omega 3-6 and 9) - and have noticed that my pee/urine is a much brighter yellow colour because of it - maybe instead of flushing it away I could utilise the almost Day-Glo piss and add it to the plant water? - would that be beneficial for the plants last 2 weeks before chop-chop? -

- I don't know where I could get a free scoop of miracle grow - but maybe I could cut myself and bleed out half a pint or so of blood to add to the plants - as a sort of Human to Herb blood transfusion? - LMFAO!

Seriously - I think that it's best to just leave the plants alone - other than watering them for these last 2 weeks of what looks like very sunny days - there is already plenty of very succulent resinous buddage on them - enough to satisfy my desire for good toking material - once dried and possibly even cured a bit (if I can be patient) - and after two more weeks - I'm pretty sure that there will be a bit more -

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve used urine on plants the problem is the flowers will smell like pee by the time you smoke them :cool: .. years ago I had one growing outside halfway under the porch and I just regularly pee‘d on it …we called it the PP plant ..it did well stayed bright green the whole season ,but the flowers didn’t taste like the regular plants definitely taste like pee pee…ha

Ca++

Ah thats the origin of the cat piss flavour.
Iirc from somewhere down the forum hole 1:10 diluted pee is a strong brew for plants. But that was combined with coffegrounds at the bottom of the pot as complete nutrient regime.
1:10 would be very strong. I was talking 1:1000
Search results suggest it's between 10 and 18% N. I have not seen a bottle of cannabis feed with that much N in it. Though some feeds are higher, like miracle grow, which iirc is 24.
With many bloom feeds around 3%, carrying directions of 5ml per liter (1:200) I thought 1:1000 seemed fair. Most isn't going to become available, so it's little more than a token gesture.
Actually pissing in the pot is a salt nightmare. While a 1:10 is perhaps a single correction, that should last for some time. It's probably the better option, but I just don't fancy it.

Sounds like it might glow in the dark, with Gypsy's offering. We need another plan, if anything is to work. That last pic makes the situation look better than I first thought though. It might not even be N that's yellowing that one.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
What I think is happening with the yellowing of leaves towards the end of the plants journey - is that the limited amount of soil and compost in the plant pots has been almost drained of useful nutrients for continued healthy plant growth - and so the buds/flowers leech what they can to continue growing from the larger then smaller fan leaves - so turning them yellow -

- I guess that I could have added a nutrient rich tea of some sort (example: bat or bird guano) to prevent this happening a couple of weeks ago - but that would have added to the cost - and complicated the simplicity of the grow somewhat -