What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gypsy Nirvana - Simple/Stupid Way - to grow good Cannabis - for £1/$1.20 -

Cuddles

Exactly my pov! Or get some experts with broad overview to help them understand what's what.
See German cannabis legislation attempt right now...
It appears that the guys in teh current german government have done a little homework in recent years, doesn´t it :) I´m pretty impressed ( and surprised) The opposition is still refusing, just the the other ignorant minds in most other countries:(
Let´s all hope for the best on this issue!

Cuddles

About the nettle- it´s nnot too late in the season to go out and collect some for next year, or is it? I´m not sure what they were saying about when to collect and start on the nettle tea anymore. But if you want an indoor grow during the winter months it should be okay.
For the next summer grow springtime should be fine I reckon.
Damn, I whish I could remember more of the details :(

Hasch

learning and laughing
Hope Gypsy is ok with this off topic here
It appears that the guys in teh current german government have done a little homework in recent years,
Sadly not imho.
They are still "processing" the new legislation. But all the preliminary propositions were unrealistic.
(ie 3 flowering plants are ok but only possession of 25g of bud. 😳 No idea how that is supposed to work. 🤔)

But hey, it will finally be taken off the narcotics act (law?)!
🥳🙏🏼

Last edited:

Cuddles

Seems like the EU put an end to France's nettle tea ban in 2018, which had been introduced in 2006.

All is well in France then - as far as regular gardening goes anyway :) Good news, thanks .

Maria Sanchez

@Cuddles and @Hasch -- crazy about that law.
In the UK, every second allotment grower either makes nettle tea or comfrey tea for their garden.
The nettles can also be put into your bathwater for arthritis.
Haven't tried that, but my hands to feel a bit different a few days after I accidentally reach into a patch of nettles.
Sorry, <off topic>!

Cuddles

@Cuddles and @Hasch -- crazy about that law.
In the UK, every second allotment grower either makes nettle tea or comfrey tea for their garden.
The nettles can also be put into your bathwater for arthritis.
Haven't tried that, but my hands to feel a bit different a few days after I accidentally reach into a patch of nettles.
Sorry, <off topic>!
stinging nettle tea is very healthy and I used to drink it. The seeds are also great. Apparently the largest supplier of nettle is ... Russia.

FIY this is the actual tea, not the type you use for growing plants, lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's been warm/hot this past week - shorts and flip/flops weather - so due to the extra skin bared on my small balcony - the Nettles had their chance to sting me a few times - mainly around the feet and lower legs - OUCH!

- Now the weather is changing somewhat - a little cooler - instead of 32C and no rain - it'll be around highs of 24C with scattered showers - these coming days - we had a week of exceptional sunny days - now back to regular September weather - I suppose -

- (when the sun comes up) I will give my plants their last photo-shoot - before taking them down and trimming them up - to be dried - already they have shed the larger fan leaves - and are showing larger resinous flower clusters (buds) - due to all the sunshine of late - and I reckon that they are just about ready for harvest -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Now let's have a look at how all 3 plants (the trio) have come to finish - First up is the tallest one - that grew to around 3ft tall - lots of soft and resinous flower clusters - and a longish stem - the slugs seemed to like this plant the most earlier on in veg and flower - so had a few of its leaves nibbled - which didn't seem to stunt its growth at all -
2023-09-1208.05.564045298737620437314.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Next up is the middle 'Chunky Monkey' plant - very fat buddage - high bud to leaf ratio - short (about 2 ft 6 inches) - and squat - but heavy with sticky flowers - you can feel the weight of the buds - by waggling the stem - the slugs didn't snack much on this plant at all - and this is my favourite plant this year -
2023-09-1208.18.342194507395552533613.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Lastly we have the runt of the trio - or the lit'lun - has grown to only about 18 inches tall - started out in life as a much battered and maligned seedling - due to the stormy weather - but has made it thru to full maturity - without any bother from the slugs - growing in a smaller pot than the other two - it's now 'Bud on a Stick' - so should be VERY easy to trim -
2023-09-1208.27.399018133145088030095.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Nice looking plants, the first two put on a little bit of autumnal finishing colors. Excellent investment to return ratio for sure. Looking forward to the eventual smoke report.
Yes - it's getting a bit nippy at night again - which can lead to more colour's on the plant - seeing some red/rust hues now on some leaves - have really enjoyed raising these 3 plants this year - its been ever so cheap and easy to do - using sunlight and local soil/compost - and if I can do it - then anyone can -

Already I have toked some of the bud from the lit'lun - and it really helped me sleep a few hours more - which I was in need of - suitably lowering my consciousness - to the borders of slumber - and beyond -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
How's it coming along? Perhaps already any finished buds?
The lit'lun has already been dried then toked - after not toking all summer - and now being stoned alot - life has slowed down somewhat - and so I have been getting a couple of hours extra sleep every night - which is good - the other two bigger plants have been dried and bagged up in 2 x 1 litre Bacofoil zip-lock baggies - and I am already pinching buds out of them to toke -

These buds make me go all quite - layed-back and relaxed - I talk less and am mostly in rest mode (not good for exercise) - boosts the appetite - have BIG munchies - and don't get stressed about anything much - so could be said to be a stress reliever - by boosting tolerances too -

- I have a feeling that these two ziplocks won't be around long enough to cure - but ahh - when it's gone - it's gone - I'll enjoy this Amnesia Kush - while it's here -

Cuddles

The lit'lun has already been dried then toked - after not toking all summer - and now being stoned alot - life has slowed down somewhat - and so I have been getting a couple of hours extra sleep every night - which is good - the other two bigger plants have been dried and bagged up in 2 x 1 litre Bacofoil zip-lock baggies - and I am already pinching buds out of them to toke -

These buds make me go all quite - layed-back and relaxed - I talk less and am mostly in rest mode (not good for exercise) - boosts the appetite - have BIG munchies - and don't get stressed about anything much - so could be said to be a stress reliever - by boosting tolerances too -

- I have a feeling that these two ziplocks won't be around long enough to cure - but ahh - when it's gone - it's gone - I'll enjoy this Amnesia Kush - while it's here -
Did you weigh it after drying by any chance?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Did you weigh it after drying by any chance?
Ehh - no - I haven't weighed anything - just packed the dried buds into a couple of ziplock bags - and 'burp' them once a day at least - (while I'm selecting another bud) - eye-balling what I have got from all 3 little auto's - I'd say about 3oz - of dried bud - ready to be used or cured till its a smoother smoke - then savoured - (dream on) -

Cuddles

Ehh - no - I haven't weighed anything - just packed the dried buds into a couple of ziplock bags - and 'burp' them once a day at least - (while I'm selecting another bud) - eye-balling what I have got from all 3 little auto's - I'd say about 3oz - of dried bud - ready to be used or cured till its a smoother smoke - then savoured - (dream on) -
lol
There´s also something thing else I´ve always wanted to ask you
Why does your avatar look like Mr. Clean/ Mr. Proper - is this on purpose?

Latest posts

Latest posts