What's new

The Guerrilla Handbook - A future documentary in the making

Team Microbe

Veteran
"Prohibition" by BDW

"Prohibition" by BDW

For those who haven't seen the videos by Brown Dirt Warrior - here's a link for his Prohibition movie

BDW has always inspired me, I like this documentary he does here a lot. I'm not going to base my video off his per say, but he definitely has sparked my creativity. Anyways, enjoy :tiphat:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
For those who haven't seen the videos by Brown Dirt Warrior - here's a link for his Prohibition movie

BDW has always inspired me, I like this documentary he does here a lot. I'm not going to base my video off his per say, but he definitely has sparked my creativity. Anyways, enjoy :tiphat:

i sit up other nite and watched ever bit of this..its great and gives great ideals on grow sites..i can only imgaine how his heart sank to when he round that curve and seen a road block and he had a 55 gallon can filled with weed lol

Tm do u also use the garbage bags like BDW does in his holes? i have never did this but im gonna test it out this year on a few plants and see the results.i will do it on the Dela since i know how this plant does so i can compare

Edit: i would love to know that song he plays on the first part of the video

Last edited:

Team Microbe

Veteran
i sit up other nite and watched ever bit of this..its great and gives great ideals on grow sites..i can only imgaine how his heart sank to when he round that curve and seen a road block and he had a 55 gallon can filled with weed lol

Tm do u also use the garbage bags like BDW does in his holes? i have never did this but im gonna test it out this year on a few plants and see the results.i will do it on the Dela since i know how this plant does so i can compare

Edit: i would love to know that song he plays on the first part of the video

Nah I just dig in the ground and then backfill with soil. I'm curious about this phenomena he calls "forcing" though... it sounds like it'd be appealing for growers with early seasons. Let me know how that goes :tiphat:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Nah I just dig in the ground and then backfill with soil. I'm curious about this phenomena he calls "forcing" though... it sounds like it'd be appealing for growers with early seasons. Let me know how that goes :tiphat:

is the bag in the ground the thing he calls forcing through? i do know one thing his roots on some those plants was fkn insane..they looked like the wires that hooks up a car battery..i can honestly say i have never had roots that thick,but then again miracle grow is shit lol its missing 8 elements out of the ingrediants LOL live and learn and as usual i always learn the hard way :laughing:

gh0st9

Veteran
I'll chime in here I'm in a diff climate then prob most here, I'll hang my hat, and admit I have only done 2.5 years worth of OD 5 crops, def not one of the heavy hitters here, but I got a climate different than most.

Southern state, tons of heat, really shitty soil... For sandy poor draining compacting soil, just haul in 5kg bricks of coco, 5 gal of water, osmocote+ prills or ammendments(organic but shitty to haul if youre doing lots of/big plots), and self watering crystals.. hydrate on spot or by local water source, fluff mix in everything top dress with EWC, boom done. Tend to stay from mixing in perlite since its just another thing to try to blend in.bright white specks can be spotted sometimes before the plants(if well camo'd/blended in).

Swamp tubes are the shit, no hassle passive hydro with the organic twist. Huge plants

Here we have 2 seasons, hot and humid as hell&kinda cold and dry. I go for sat dom hybrids started outdoors in the swamps during the summer, and have huge veg rounds under mh light then put out small 1' clones starting in late Nov all the way to early early feb. Julian does a great job covering this method, you can optimize huge harvest windows here where I am, keeps risk low, yield high and quality nice.

All this info gleaned from others here, really a site that changed my whole view on how to do things

Team Microbe

Veteran
is the bag in the ground the thing he calls forcing through? i do know one thing his roots on some those plants was fkn insane..they looked like the wires that hooks up a car battery..i can honestly say i have never had roots that thick,but then again miracle grow is shit lol its missing 8 elements out of the ingrediants LOL live and learn and as usual i always learn the hard way :laughing:

Yeah that's right - supposedly it forces flowering sooner or something :chin:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I'll chime in here I'm in a diff climate then prob most here, I'll hang my hat, and admit I have only done 2.5 years worth of OD 5 crops, def not one of the heavy hitters here, but I got a climate different than most.

Southern state, tons of heat, really shitty soil... For sandy poor draining compacting soil, just haul in 5kg bricks of coco, 5 gal of water, osmocote+ prills or ammendments(organic but shitty to haul if youre doing lots of/big plots), and self watering crystals.. hydrate on spot or by local water source, fluff mix in everything top dress with EWC, boom done. Tend to stay from mixing in perlite since its just another thing to try to blend in.bright white specks can be spotted sometimes before the plants(if well camo'd/blended in).

Swamp tubes are the shit, no hassle passive hydro with the organic twist. Huge plants

Here we have 2 seasons, hot and humid as hell&kinda cold and dry. I go for sat dom hybrids started outdoors in the swamps during the summer, and have huge veg rounds under mh light then put out small 1' clones starting in late Nov all the way to early early feb. Julian does a great job covering this method, you can optimize huge harvest windows here where I am, keeps risk low, yield high and quality nice.

All this info gleaned from others here, really a site that changed my whole view on how to do things
hey ghost totally man..it wasnt until i joined this site that i realized alot of things i was doing wrong in the years before..its always hot and humid as hell here as well in summer thats why i gotta make sure the strains i get are really mold resistant..the humidity here stays 90-100% frum end of june to end of sept,which is when my plants are in full flower..what u plan on running this year outdoor?
Yeah that's right - supposedly it forces flowering sooner or something :chin:

oh really! i didnt know that we shall find out this year then what it will do bc i know the delahaze is done by oct5th no later then the 10th depending on how i want the trichs

gh0st9

Veteran
Howdy Kygiacomo :tiphat:,

I haven't done an OD in about 2 years, much easier on me to do In right now, since I'm in a semi urban area, I've had great luck with lots of heavily leaning sat hybrids, or landrace, ACE and other strains like hazes do really well during the humid months where I'm at.. I'm about 7 degrees south of you latitudinal-ally My plant's tended to finish up right in the mid of october when things start getting dry, out of 100s of OD plants i maybe only lost a few to rot and mold.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Howdy Kygiacomo :tiphat:,

I haven't done an OD in about 2 years, much easier on me to do In right now, since I'm in a semi urban area, I've had great luck with lots of heavily leaning sat hybrids, or landrace, ACE and other strains like hazes do really well during the humid months where I'm at.. I'm about 7 degrees south of you latitudinal-ally My plant's tended to finish up right in the mid of october when things start getting dry, out of 100s of OD plants i maybe only lost a few to rot and mold.

ya i can go till end of oct but i tend to stay away from those strains..i like everthing to be in by 1st week of oct..the deer hunters start here around the 10th or 15th but they go scouting sooner so likem as early as possible..ive never lost anything to frost either thats one thing im not to concerned about,mold however is my fear..i lost alot last year to it but i admit i had alot of dumbass choices last year..things like og kush,white widow,chemdogs and skunks..i learned the hardway that i just cant do those..sativa dom is what all i went with this year with a very indica doms but the indica dom i did choose all have proven track rec for mold resistant except 1 or 2 and they are wild cards just to see..i got my insurance strains this year a good IPM and balanced soil mix,along with prevention sprays..i am doing one of Ace this year its the Rotten Panda since all other skunks i have tried rot to hell here..im hoping this one will be good.they are gonna be doing a bangi haze fem avaliable in july that i will pick up for the 2016 season only reason i didnt get it this year is bc i dont like to do regs guerilla style since i have no indoor setup to sex them prior

The English Cut

bdw & those bin bags

bdw & those bin bags

Tm do u also use the garbage bags like BDW does in his holes?

My 2p: I remember when I saw him doing that on the video just thinking 'i bet you won't be cleaning that up once you're finished.'

I'm sorry, it may well be good for the plant but burying plastic in the wilderness is never a good idea.

On another note, how effective do you think No-Till could be in an outdoor/guerilla situation? I gave it some thought and initially rejected the idea because it's just too long between crops but having smoked a bit more I can see that using the right cover crop/green manure could work really well not only to camouflage the site but also if sown at the right moment could use up surplus Nitrogen at the end of the season and helping with the pre-chop fade. Just a thought.

Nunsacred

No-till works for me in the UK :)

I believe in letting the competitor weeds' roots nurture the micro-herd & soil fungus, moderating moisture and phosphates as required.
When ready to plant, cut weeds above surface, let them compost on the spot, set up swamp tubes, and plant.

When your plant roots enter the un-tilled, damp soil full of still-living roots, they patch straight in to the matrix of beneficial exchange.

Grow smart or go home.

Team Microbe

Veteran
My 2p: I remember when I saw him doing that on the video just thinking 'i bet you won't be cleaning that up once you're finished.'

I'm sorry, it may well be good for the plant but burying plastic in the wilderness is never a good idea.

On another note, how effective do you think No-Till could be in an outdoor/guerilla situation? I gave it some thought and initially rejected the idea because it's just too long between crops but having smoked a bit more I can see that using the right cover crop/green manure could work really well not only to camouflage the site but also if sown at the right moment could use up surplus Nitrogen at the end of the season and helping with the pre-chop fade. Just a thought.

Yeah that's partly why I never tried it out yet myself, I know I wouldn't go back and dig all of those out of the ground lol

No-till can be extremely beneficial outdoors. I've seen how low-cost and effective it can be indoors, and my friends have told me how much work it cuts out for them to re-plant their outdoor crops every spring. Check out my buddy's grow last spring:

picture.php

This is his 3rd cycle in this 35 gallon tote. After this season he began growing directly in the ground for water retaining purposes

picture.php

Just look at that camo!!

This is the main reason why I'm going to give this a go outdoors this year... imagine throwing down 10x10 patches of barley grass and clover to blend your plants into the hillside? Then going back the next year and simply dropping some compost down on the top of the soil and directly sowing into it? Guerrilla paradise in my book...

As for the chop and drop relating to plant fade - I would do the opposite and chop and drop just before the start of flowering. This will deliver the rest of what's left of the nitrogen in the green mulch to break down and feed the soil one last time. This is about the time when the canopy should be filling in, so without light those cover crops will drop growing anyways and perform a natural "chop and drop". I've found that senescence fading is most profound when the environment is ideal, because all of those plant processes are in 5th gear when photosynthesis is most efficient.

You're right about the delay of replanting messing up the biology in the soil too... the mycorrhizae do die off when a relationship isn't formed soon thereafter the chop. But you can plant another round of cover crops before the first frost and after your harvest (winter rye, and other cold seasoned covers) to till the soil for you before the winter arrives. There will be a natural chop and drop, and that site will be ready for direct sowing the following spring. You can even go one step further and chop and drop yourself, then mulch over the fresh foliage with straw and compost for an even better result that following spring. I'm gonna try it this year and next year we'll be able to see how well it works. I've got faith in nature!

picture.php

With a very low-cost start up, good native soil, some compost for a top dressing, and a handful of cover crops for each 5 gallon hole... you can grow very robust and vigorous plants since the soil food web is working with the plant as well. He took down the pictures of these when they were mature, but they were beautiful 6' tall plants (grown up at 14,000'). That says a lot considering the storms he gets up there, the frosts, and the lack of water as well. All would be potentially big factors for a synthetic regimen but not for these plants! It looks like he grabbed some native dandelions on his way up to the patch for a top dressing as well... this is why I love Permalos :dance013:

No-till works for me in the UK

I believe in letting the competitor weeds' roots nurture the micro-herd & soil fungus, moderating moisture and phosphates as required.
When ready to plant, cut weeds above surface, let them compost on the spot, set up swamp tubes, and plant.

When your plant roots enter the un-tilled, damp soil full of still-living roots, they patch straight in to the matrix of beneficial exchange.

Grow smart or go home.

Respect! :tiphat:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

ya he plants to many to clean it up im sure..i only do 15-20 plants and i always take everthing back out bc i dont want to leave no evidence that i grow there when hunters start hitting the hills here..im gonna try it on one my plants this year and see if it does make a differnce though

The English Cut

ya he plants to many to clean it up im sure..i only do 15-20 plants and i always take everthing back out bc i dont want to leave no evidence that i grow there when hunters start hitting the hills here..im gonna try it on one my plants this year and see if it does make a differnce though

Maybe try with a heavier grade plastic sack - a feed sack or coal sack, the thing is with those bin bags they're gonna shred into a million pieces when you try to dig em out. Heavier plastic should stay in one piece and maybe you could even re-use it the next season. Gotta think of the planet!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Maybe try with a heavier grade plastic sack - a feed sack or coal sack, the thing is with those bin bags they're gonna shred into a million pieces when you try to dig em out. Heavier plastic should stay in one piece and maybe you could even re-use it the next season. Gotta think of the planet!

good info bro..ya im only gonna do it on one plant and with a strain i know very well to just see the difference..the heavy duty bag is the one im gonna use for sure..
btw how is that Rotten Panda coming along? im 19 days away from germination and cant wait to get started

Nunsacred

Nunsacred, sounds nice and easy, would that be on soil you've previously improved, or native soil?
Native soil, really.
Though I'm re-using a couple of sites
which now have improved soil from my efforts, I guess.

When I chop down weeds which would otherwise smother my little seedlings, I accidentally create little grass circles around the plants.
Bigger annuals colonised the area, these die back every year but now there are little green patches where I grew my shit. :biggrin:

The Revolution

Veteran
Im hitting the swamps again this year. I had excellent results in 2012 using tall homemade smart pots with organic mix. Id like to implement some coco coir thus season to save my back a bit hauling in medium. Saving time, resulting in more plants going in. My biggest plants were planned like this