What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

planty

I know.. I was trying to get you to show me with out a kidney busting drive :)

I can't wait to see a ton of herb...

I have been following this thread since the very start. I never really had anything to say or add, because when it comes to outdoor I am quite a noob. I am very humbled when I see the results that all of you are going to be coming out with. I was not going to even bother with outdoor until I stumbled across this thread. Tom, Planty, Nomad, Butte and all you others I would like to say thanks in advance from all I have learned. I have only been an indoor farmer until this year. I did not have the space this year and barely found a spot that I could stake out. I am doing just a shabby ten site plot with 40 gallon holes. I have about five and a half foot spacing and had to pack all the dirt in about a mile and a half. There is ample sun as well as it being south facing morning through night. A water source near by that I have determined is quite usable and clean. I believe I will be using some sort of 12v dc pump rigged up to a car battery that ill enclose so that its water proof. I have used all of Toms mix aside for the black gold. I sourced out a great mix that I added everything that tom had suggested. Like I said I got to this all a little bit late, so I had to use plants that I got somewhat late. They are all around a foot or slightly taller but that will have to do. I am running 2. northern lights #5, 4. ATF from clone, and 4. a strain that is called remedy it is a haze crossed with something that is off the top of my head now. Next year I will have more land and more to work with. I will get pictures up as soon as possible, but nothing as impressive as a lot of your guys. Good luck to all of you and I can't thank you all enough for the knowledge you have given me.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hey Crossouttheiis,

When I first logged-on to Overgrow, and was talking about 10 pound plants, I was laughed out of town to put it mildly. Called a lier etc, some still don't believe or think only in California bla bla bla. The common crap going around was 1 gallon for one foot of growth, and 5 gallons of soil was more than sufficient for outdoor grows etc, etc. Here we are today, and you are lugging-in 40 gallon holes, bravo my friend, and welcome to the party. Best of luck, I think you'll do well. -T

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Hey Crossouttheiis,

When I first logged-on to Overgrow, and was talking about 10 pound plants, I was laughed out of town to put it mildly. Called a lier etc, some still don't believe or think only in California bla bla bla. The common crap going around was 1 gallon for one foot of growth, and 5 gallons of soil was more than sufficient for outdoor grows etc, etc. Here we are today, and you are lugging-in 40 gallon holes, bravo my friend, and welcome to the party. Best of luck, I think you'll do well. -T

I was there when Tom showed up on OG...
His name wasn't Tom back then either ;)

Was just as knowledgeable (and a straight up giving soul) then, as he is today!
Bet that!

It's good to see the hard work of one, inspire so many....

JAH

:rasta:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Hey Crossouttheiis,

well said mate! gotta love that feeling of vindication i'm sure though, when people tell you you're dreaming and won't be able to do it and then you do ahaha "see...!". i'm hoping to get a grow going outside this year just at the end of winter and get 8months of veg. aug-march/apr. i'm aiming for some big trees and want to see what the biggest yield will be through a few diff strains (power plant, power kush and white widow), guess we'll see haha either way i won't be disappointed.

darwin

MedResearcher

Veteran
Thanks for the info Tom.

Just got to figure out what to do with the 5gals of liquid fish now.. heh

This weather is a pita, we need the rain and all.... but damn. Had just done a heavy watering then the next day.... rain rain rain....

Kangativa

Veteran
Re the brix mix, they've changed it up so much in an attempt to comply with omri/nop standards it makes my head spin. I use to add molasses, but they do so now, so scratch that, no need. I prolly will not add fish either. Don't adjust the pH of the Calcium25, and spray it later in the morn, after it warms up a bit, say 10am-12pm. 1/4 (1/2 of this, if you are using brix mix at 1/2 strength as I do - so 1/8 teaspoon per gallon) teaspoon per gallon is a safe amount of 35% H202 to add to Brix Mix in lieu of measuring via an ORP meter. Always add H202 last, after all else is added and mixed well, or risk frying the fort down. .

I am fully impressed Kangativa, our brother from down under. Do what you like to do bro, you seem to do it quite well indeed. -T

Thanx Tom your words mean the world to me. I will be working with your Deep Chunk next season, I hope I can do half of what you do with it.....Peace K

Kangativa

Veteran
well said mate! gotta love that feeling of vindication i'm sure though, when people tell you you're dreaming and won't be able to do it and then you do ahaha "see...!". i'm hoping to get a grow going outside this year just at the end of winter and get 8months of veg. aug-march/apr. i'm aiming for some big trees and want to see what the biggest yield will be through a few diff strains (power plant, power kush and white widow), guess we'll see haha either way i won't be disappointed.

darwin

Hi mate.....I look forward to seeing those strains growing big and so true about not being disappointed, the moment those seeds pop out of the earth your new love begins..lol

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Hi mate.....I look forward to seeing those strains growing big and so true about not being disappointed, the moment those seeds pop out of the earth your new love begins..lol

hey mate! cheers, yeah that's exactly it haha every time you see them push through the dirt it's like it's the first time again haha love it! i'll be sure to keep you updated once i get these guys outside! i'm hoping to have them at 1.5-2ft before planting outside as the weather down here in the south can be a bit cold as well as pests like rabbits around they'll have a better chance of survival then.

P

planty

Thanks for the info Tom.

Just got to figure out what to do with the 5gals of liquid fish now.. heh

This weather is a pita, we need the rain and all.... but damn. Had just done a heavy watering then the next day.... rain rain rain....

spray them with it any way..what brand fish did you get

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Heres a few of the plants I had to black box because I put them out too early. It actually worked out pretty good. LA conf,BubbleCheese, SweetTooth#3. I picked them last night.
picture.php

picture.php

I have some seedlings of LA Conf/Deep Chunk going too.

nomaad

Veteran
Hey Tom: how often is too often for foliar sprays? I know you recommend bi weekly alternations of Cal25 and Brix Mix... But there are other things I'd like to apply in foliar aps.

If I am applying something every 3-4 days is it not giving the last application time to be absorbed? What about washing the plant with plain water between sprays? Do stomata clog?

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah that's a great question nomaad to which i'd love to know the answer, if you wouldn't mind tom and have a few spare minutes would you be able to write a bit on foliar sprays and what you recommend/use etc, hope that's ok. i don't use them currently and am wondering if it's worth getting into for indoor grows if it's great for outdoor stuff. cheers

darwin

nomaad

Veteran
darwin: do a search for tom's posts to this thread... there is already quite a bit of info on the two sprays I mentioned if you have not seen it. good luck.. this thread is getting thick...i tried to reference something last night and it took me way too long to find it. When things slow down, I'll have somebody go through and cut and paste all the important stuff to a doc that Tom could put up as a sticky or something.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ah sweet, thanks for that mate, yeah i'm reading up on it now, sounds like foliar spraying is definitely worth implementing in your grow. a lot of people have found increased yields and chlorophyll production etc.

P

planty

Nomaad

university studies have shown response from the root zone to foliar sprays within hours...fwiw..

nomaad

Veteran
For sure, planty. I am a believer in foliar feeding. Been doing it since day one. My questions are:

1) How long between foliar aps of different compounds without getting too frequent?
2) Will rinsing with h20 between aps increase efficiency?

Guest423

Veteran
I love to foliar feed, but I don't like to over do it, I've always did intervals of foliar/water/foliar/water/foliar/water/ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.