What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

planty

Thanks horsemouth...they don't know how much fuel I have for a fire storm of my own...petty remarks from people with no idea about who I am or what I do saves me the trouble of finding out their true colors...mine are red gold and green... Take it ez

LocalHero

If there's a dead leaf or one I want to get rid of I cut it half way out from where the petiole comes out from the stem and let it dry away and drop off per Clarke...

Kangativa

Veteran
Wow what a awesome thread....Tom reading through your soil prep is amazing. I just hope I am not doing the wrong thing by adding what I like to do.
I like to do my manure compost's at least 3-6 months before I add it to the ground.....It is made up of layers of cow, horse and chicken manures layered with grass in between, I also add Blood & Bone, soft rock phosphate and wood ash. I turn this every 2-4 weeks until it is a nice black crumbly mix.....I add this to the soil 2 months before I plant which gives it time for all the microbe action to take place and the worms to breed in numbers. I then add lime 6 weeks before I put my seedlings out and water it in well. During the season I spray with a certified organic seaweed fert every 2 weeks and with my big Sativas I spread the compost mix around the drip line after about 4-5 months coz these grow for about 9 months and need to be kept well fed.
Here are some pics of the girls this season....cheers K

Attachments

• 100_2933.jpg
    100_2933.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 23
  • tall grass 001.jpg
    tall grass 001.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6969.jpg
    IMG_6969.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6974.jpg
    IMG_6974.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 20

nomaad

Veteran
Niiiice. Those are true monsters. I think you're in the right place! What are the strains? Size of hole? General location?

Feb2006er

He rocks out pure sativas in AU. I've been following his M. Madness threads. Great to see you here Kangativa.

He said in another thread-
"Ok to answer the comment on the one in the middle that is flowering......no mate it is not MM but a cross of my Highland Oaxacan and Sensi's old NL#5xH which I call Space Shuttle coz of the speed it gets you there and the time you are up there. The ones across the front are different crosses of the Oaxacan and mature very late same as the MM.....only just been brought in and that was due to rain and a catapillar attack........bad year for the buggers"
attachment.php

Kangativas MM grow link
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=175243

Hash Man

Tom- thanks a bunch for the reply and reassurance. I will retest now to see if was samplimg error, and again in a couple of weeks. any view on when to add a microbial tea?

Planty - damn man thats a nice view... love the straw!

Kangativa

Veteran
Niiiice. Those are true monsters. I think you're in the right place! What are the strains? Size of hole? General location?

Hi nomaad.....I dont usually do single holes, but instead I do a wide strip or a square area and just keep adding to it each season.....I prefer the layering method as nature intended once I have worked the soil the first time.
I am in the sub-tropics in OZ, a climate I find nearly perfect for any strain and you can do all your crossing during winter because it is warm and dry and very little frost.
There is a few different strains there, as Feb said in his post.
The pic with the long area has WW x H Oaxacan, MM x Mendo Skunk, MM and a Sumatran Sativa. These are all my own crosses and I collected the seed myself.
Here are some pics of the WW X Mex....... cheers K

Attachments

• WWx Highland Oaxacan.jpg
    WWx Highland Oaxacan.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 17
  • WWxHO.jpg
    WWxHO.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 16
  • WWxOH.jpg
    WWxOH.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 15

localhero

Wow nice to see cultural diversity in the big plants outdoors arena! those look great Kanga :D

how do you like the sumatran sativa? i'll be in indo again and this time im gonna grab some seeds. are you only able to get her to finish because your in a sub tropic lat?

Kangativa

Veteran
Wow nice to see cultural diversity in the big plants outdoors arena! those look great Kanga :D

how do you like the sumatran sativa? i'll be in indo again and this time im gonna grab some seeds. are you only able to get her to finish because your in a sub tropic lat?

Hi mate and thanx......I got this seed in the mid 70's from Lake Toba and I grew it in West OZ with no problems but it was about 500ks North of Perth, so that would have helped. Here it is probably better. I like it, it is not as strong as some Sat's but still has that long lasting high and is very tasty.
Off for a bit of surfing are you ??? I would grab what ever you can find in the way of seed as I hear it is harder to find now......cheers K

MedResearcher

Veteran
Hey Tom,

Got a couple quick questions about the Brix Mix Foliar spray I was hoping you could answer.

PVFS implies that the Brix Mix, use to contain liquid fish, and they suggest adding it to the foliar spray. Would you recommend adding in the liquid fish?

Without an ORP meter, could you suggest a safe amount of H2o2 35% to add per gallon of water to bring it to a safe ORP level?

Lastly do you spray the Cal25 at 5.8 p.h. also?

Thanks a ton,
Mr^^

nomaad

Veteran
Kanga: When you say that you collected the seed yourself, do you mean from a seed harvest or by traveling to places and acquiring landrace seeds/clones?

nomaad

Veteran
Nice. That's what I figured. I learned everything I know about traveling light and far from Aussies. My first backpack lost half its weight after a month traveling amongst aussies thru hostels and squats.

Madhemp

Hey Tom,

Got a couple quick questions about the Brix Mix Foliar spray I was hoping you could answer.

PVFS implies that the Brix Mix, use to contain liquid fish, and they suggest adding it to the foliar spray. Would you recommend adding in the liquid fish?

Without an ORP meter, could you suggest a safe amount of H2o2 35% to add per gallon of water to bring it to a safe ORP level?

Lastly do you spray the Cal25 at 5.8 p.h. also?

Thanks a ton,
Mr^^

Wow, it's weird (but cool) when someone ask the exact question you were forming. So, Mr. Hill, with much respect, I second the above questions.

HorseMouth

Crazy, cuz I just was online purchasing the Brix mix from PVGS last nite. So I was on route to request some more specifics as well. Especially the quantity of molasses I think Tom mentioned.

Waiting patiently of course.

localhero

Hi mate and thanx......I got this seed in the mid 70's from Lake Toba and I grew it in West OZ with no problems but it was about 500ks North of Perth, so that would have helped. Here it is probably better. I like it, it is not as strong as some Sat's but still has that long lasting high and is very tasty.
Off for a bit of surfing are you ??? I would grab what ever you can find in the way of seed as I hear it is harder to find now......cheers K
ill be in jakarta,kalimantan and if theres time bali. man i know people slam kuta beach, but i freakin loved the place. it was like karma all these people in my face trying to get me to buy things and pulling me into their shops. i just had a big smile on my face the whole time. plus all the insane stories and witch drs battling it out in the jungle. i love all that. big giant bats cruising overhead at dusk. you cant beat 3 bucks a night hotel blocks from the ocean. ahh i love jungles and beaches.

and i second the nomaad ozzie experience. i take it a step further and only take a backpack that fits in the carry on (learned this the hard way when alitalia stole my luggage). i land, and im off.

anyways, is there something i should be on the lookout for as far as seeds?

nomaad

Veteran
and i second the nomaad ozzie experience. i take it a step further and only take a backpack that fits in the carry on (learned this the hard way when alitalia stole my luggage). i land, and im off.

dropping half my weight was only the beginning, LH. I now travel with my Dakine daypack. Agreed it the only way to roll.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Re the brix mix, they've changed it up so much in an attempt to comply with omri/nop standards it makes my head spin. I use to add molasses, but they do so now, so scratch that, no need. I prolly will not add fish either. Don't adjust the pH of the Calcium25, and spray it later in the morn, after it warms up a bit, say 10am-12pm. 1/4 (1/2 of this, if you are using brix mix at 1/2 strength as I do - so 1/8 teaspoon per gallon) teaspoon per gallon is a safe amount of 35% H202 to add to Brix Mix in lieu of measuring via an ORP meter. Always add H202 last, after all else is added and mixed well, or risk frying the fort down. .

I am fully impressed Kangativa, our brother from down under. Do what you like to do bro, you seem to do it quite well indeed. -T

Status
Not open for further replies.