What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread makes me soooo happy. I feel privileged to even be able to see some of these monsters. I wish all of you a happy hearty harvest.

Bo Hasset

sorry about the malibu compost confusion... i was really surprised by the potting soil (part of this whole new coco coir "period" i'm going through... late bloomer thing i guess".... and so surprised by their potting soil was i that i've been trying to track down places that do it in bulk because they DO exist, but the only 2 that i've found are too socal for this norcal brah, brahs. the delivery fee would be more than the soil. like those jokers at "sanctuary soil"... anyone ever seen their pricing and product guide they're in the central valley, but have a delivery price for every county in this state... some 5,000 and 6,000 denero fees for bringing you that shit.

i'm not a proponent of legalization at the fed or state level for my own reasons, but support a state's rights and certainly medical access, but i tell you if/when this thing goes legit i can at least finally see an end to the insane price bracket scheme the "industry" has most of it's demographic locked into like a hebrew slave... it's fucking sickening.

sorry for the off topic rant... just came in from my nightly rounds through the garden with my dog and sometimes i get a little weird out there at night... especially when i smoke of that "acid phono" uncle tom talks about.... yeah.

they always go for the biggest juiciest buds

waking up early and killing caterpillars has become kind of a zen ritual for me

i feel for you, bro. i really struggled with them bad my first few seasons outdoor, but the last 5 have been a breeze ever since i learned to time the hatching and entire life cycle of the cats native to my land (i was told originally by my mentor that they follow a lunar cycle and have found that to be 100% true) and then without quarter wage war on the bastards with bt and spinosad

have you ever leafed through monterey's leaflet that comes with their version of "spinosad"? it goes thru a long list of "normal" plants spinosad can be used on, and the real kicker how many times it can be used per season and still remain effective. of course, they don't list ganja, but i've found that past 6 applications the fuckers become immune to it within those successive generations...

sooooo... we're basically most concerned with the august and september generations... my mentor made me do it and i fought him every step of the way, but it works... forget august, let them have it. spray bt, use physical removal, just don't fucking spray spinosad. one week before september's full moon do a foliar that night... i mixed up 30 gallons of spinosad on the 1st, i think, and hit the girls, and then again on the night of the full moon.

this way i've laid a foundation for them to get smacked on their dumb cat heads by it the minute they are birthed into this world. after that, as long as that's only my 2nd application i basically play it by ear the rest of the year and in 5 years since i actually listened to that old hippie that made me grow his ganja for so long and pummeled me with the simplest of things until through the dent of repetition i actually got better at the farming thing.

anyway, that's how it's worked for me, and up in the foothills they can for sure wreak havoc... it's all about the cycle and being ready before those horny moths even start to think about fucking and making baby cats and other worms.

hope that helps someone maybe.

Bo Hasset

thanks, but i'm sure someone will come in later and tear it apart. all i know is that what i used to didn't and this does.

on another note... i've asked before this year since this is my "first date" with the d.o.g, but i've loved having her and sh'se got a spot for life... not one peep of trouble so far... she's my new bottom bitch. haha... but the question... seriously... what is the fucking lineage on her some say bubba x ssh... guy i got it from says afghani and sour d... ive heard several others, but tend to believe it's bubba x ssh more than anything... especially after growing it next to a bubba this year.

reason i ask is i'm starting to make my order and thaw out existing seed stock for operation winter 2014/15 pollen chuck and i would love to bx the d.o.g as well as make s'1's... but mostly the backcross. help a brotha out, those in the know.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I got them little caterpillers about 2 weeks ago. Just when the Sept full moon was out.
I missed the hatch and thats why they already borrowed into the stems, which in turn made the stem bubble out, and then it left the hole after doing whatever it does in there.

I wish I knew this stuff before hand. This year I had to learn the hard way. Im still waiting for buds to rot and branches to yellow out on me.

Im gonna give them another BT spray tonight. I dont think it will kill the ones that are in the stems already but it will kill any others that try and burrow in. Im thinking the damage is minimal so far.....but I havent really looked hard-hard. I never knew I would have to deal with cater's since all my small guerilla grows never experienced this. This patch certainly calls em in like ships in the night.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I also noticed that they like to bore in the stem just underneath a bud. It seems it didnt matter what size buds they are. Found 2 holes and catpillar shit on 1 branch that hardley had any bud on it. It was just starting to show flowers.
I cut a slit in the stem to extract the fuker but it was gone already.
Left quite the bubble in the stem. Like a supercrop spot that formed a knuckle after it got snapped.
Im thinking Gypsy moth around here.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they always go for the biggest juiciest buds

waking up early and killing caterpillars has become kind of a zen ritual for me

Just killed my first California Oak Moth caterpillar today, bastard ate the shit out of a cola.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran

picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran

Thats what I got then...worms.
A moth will lay the eggs and then the worm goes to work.
I sprayed BT and then it rained that night. Im spraying again tonight, 3 days later.
Imma keep spraying every 3 -5 days until week 6 of flower.

OldRod

handpicking those worms works the best, bt kills them slowly

"" By eating sprayed parts of the plant the caterpillars digest the bacteria. Inside the caterpillar's intestines, the bacteria produce spores and protein crystals. While digesting crystals in the intestinal canal, a harmful toxin is released. This toxin damages the intestinal wall and stops the caterpillar from eating as soon as one hour after intake, as the jaws become paralysed. Infected caterpillars move slowly, change colour and shrivel. They die 2 to 5 days after intake of the bacteria. ""

This is pretty fast in my opinion. Im using Xentari.
But lol yes Im doing handy job too, just its boring after hour or so.

L

Luther Burbank

BT works fairly quickly, and spinosad works even quicker. I've seen spinosad drop cannapillers in twenty minutes.

Anybody know what Betsy is made of (or where it came from)? 3rd year with her and never smelled anything like it. Had a venders appointment with BPG 2 years ago and they took Chocolope over betsy because I couldn't tell them who her parents were...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts