What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemdidem

Rootwise it looks like you are ready, alot of work done, what will be your soil formula this year, those look like 400 gallon pots. good luck

V

Veg N Out

Any one blasting their sets with teas/fertilizer prior to planting? Setting my brewer up on Thursday and planned to hit my stuff a couple times a week till I plant in early June. Bless it up!

M

MummyCat

I tilled in BG, rock phosphate, alfalfa, green sand, kelp, trace minerals, oyster shell flour and sucanat

oh and chicken and composted horse poops.... and regular sand

V

Veg N Out

I'm talking about fertilizing the soil with liquid fertilizer/compost tea prior to planting on top of various dry amendments etc., just to be clear.

LionPaw

I'm talking about fertilizing the soil with liquid fertilizer/compost tea prior to planting on top of various dry amendments etc., just to be clear.

Thats a great idea!!! I think Ill probably hit my pots with a EWC, Rhizo, mushroom compost ACT a week or so before i transplant just to get the soil biology going. thanks!!!

clemdidem

mycorrhiza application

mycorrhiza application

What is the best way to use mycorrhiza? I see that it comes in 3 forms, solution, granular and pellets, is it applied to the plant just at transplant or throughout the entire growing period. What is a preferred brand, I am near Plesant Valley and they have a number of options
Thanks

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
What a great year to grow

What a great year to grow

I trust you are all well and ready to kick some ass this year. We have some awesome crosses to run this year Looking forward to massive plants from all of you! Take care, and be well! DP

Y

YosemiteSam

What is the best way to use mycorrhiza? I see that it comes in 3 forms, solution, granular and pellets, is it applied to the plant just at transplant or throughout the entire growing period. What is a preferred brand, I am near Plesant Valley and they have a number of options
Thanks

I love me a product called MYKOS...it is a single mycorrhizae fungus. I just chunk a little in the hole I stick the clone in...infection occurs and I stop worrying about it completely.

smoooth

Can't wait to see this thread kick off again when the season starts. There's just something I love about staring at all the giants:) I'll have some pics to post in a little while as we are getting everything prepped outside.
Good luck to everyone and hope its a great year!!!!

G

guest8905

mykos is cool, i realy like that company too.

xtreme gardening ftw

Last edited:
V

Veg N Out

The Cal Carb Green, Azos Blue, and Mykos Gold lines come from RTI Ag and you need certain permits / certifications to be able to purchase from that line...They are just a bit stronger and cheaper priced for farm use.

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
anyone heard of "magic pots"...apparently made from same polypropylene as smartpots and are a bit cheaper...i can get 200 gals for 25 a pop which saves me 20 bucks a pot vs smarties...

http://www.magicgrowing.com/categories/magic-pots.html

Hey Props...Yea, the guy is local to my area. He's got a Facebook page that pretty much shows his op. Havent seen the pots up close and personal but I bookmarked his site with the thinking that 1) He's def cheaper than the Geo's and Smarties and 2) if his quality is close, I'll be buying. The owner is a known med activist in the area so a person can gain some pretty good political knowledge from also if ya dont let him drag out his soapbox...LOL If his business has a downside it would be that his op is still relatively small and this time of year, he might be swamped to the point of delayed orders...CC

V

Veg N Out

Ya'll should put whatever money you're spending on these fabric containers on to more soil and just make big piles...Trust me..It'll work.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
seeds

seeds

Nevil really took care of me this year. He sent me three crosses that he believes are some of the best He has ever made. All three will probably turn out to be massive plants, with the Nevilles Haze 21 (s)/ Mullimbimby Madness being the largest and strongest smoke. Big as a pine tree. The NevillesHaze #35/ Oaxacan 04 will be very large as well and is supposed to be utterly superb smoke. The Nevilles Haze #23/Kariba is as he described it last night on Skype, is the Sandalwood/ spice flavor Ive been looking for, for the last 35 years.
Like Veg said, invest in lots of good soil.

I hope You Guys have the best year ever! Love and Peace be with You all!
DP

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Ya'll should put whatever money you're spending on these fabric containers on to more soil and just make big piles...Trust me..It'll work.

Ya know Veg, I'm tempted to try it - Hills, mounds etc. Clones dont send down a tap root per say and if the ideal soil depth number is apprx 18 inches to 2 ft (depth of 100gal pot also) I'm not sure a fella wouldnt be just as well off or end up further ahead $$ wise, doin the mound/hill/pile.

If ya do the math, a 100 gal pot is around $25 each bucks. It holds 13.- something cubic feet of soil so it takes 1/2 yard to fill each. Quality 215 soil, if you dont make you own runs around $90 to $110 a yard. For $100 bucks, you can fill 2 100 gal pots. So for every yard of soil youre using you would be hypothetically saving the cost of 2 pots = $50.00 savings. A mound could be built using what? 1/2 yard?

Dang pard, if the plant doesnt suffer growth issues from miscellaneous roots hitiing native soil, you might be on to something. Would be interested in hearin more...How large (depth, width, height) are your hills/mounds? CC

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Cowboy , Veg is correct, please see my pic albums bro, pounds and pounds of buds and pounds and pounds and pounds of exotic Hash. I went there.

Love You Brother DP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts