What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ganja D

You missed my point.

Since you gave me your example I can help to clarify...

Let's say the strain is Headband...So the GH 3 part room and the Iguana Juice room may vary in the degree of smell and flavor, but they both smell like headband. Organically grown plants are healthier overall so the Iguana Juice room expressed a better representation of the strains terpenes, but they weren't any different or new terpenes because one was organic and one GH 3 part.

I think the best of both worlds can be had by mixing Dr Earth 4-10-7 in to the soil , top dressing with guanos and then giving them just a little grow more , supernatural etc., just to round it out.

Understood and agreed. Same flavor and smells just different expressions of it.
Hope everyone got some good work done with the nice weather.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Snow is finally melted in my neck of the woods. let the games begin!

little tip...
I love top dressing with worm casting... put a 5gal bucket full ontop of 200gal smartpot every 2-3 weeks and the roots will grow so thick on the top that you cant even penetrate with your hand. check out these roots coming out the top of soil on my 15gals inside...

This technique works wonders outside because it gives them the perfect amount of N threw out the whole cycle without causing stretch.

From 1 coast to the other I hope we have 1 hell of season this year!

:ying:

properroots.jpg

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Gonna try this one in the backyard. Up on the shed roof, w/ 2 gamecams and 1 CCD on her. Should do ok with 8-10 hrs/day. Legal, only allowed 1 outdoors, so it's gotta be big.

She is waist high now, and will veg until at least May 15. She's rootbound in the margarine tub, will transplant her to a 2 gallon May 1, then she'll explode for 2-3 more weeks inside then go out in a 20 gallon tub. Should be gut--> chest high by then (including pot).

She is freezeland, the one commonly grown in Quebec. Hoping to go opop at last, we'll see. She's a bit lanky fom 1) growing unfer CFL's, and 2) rootbound - but she should fill in nicely once the sun hits her...

May everyone's grow to be monsters!

Peace

somoz

Veteran
Thanks for all the light dep talk folks, I appreciate it! Went off the web for a week and see things got a little chippy in here....not a bad thing though. Disparity is crucial in order to have a healthy dialogue, so thanks to all for sharing your experiences and perspectives.

ForFlow dropped their prices big time on their breathable light dep fabric.

http://www.foreverflowering.net/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=56&Itemid=6

@ Ganja D: The AN really outproduced the GH that much in your experience? I ran AN way back in the day and was super pleased with the results just not the price tag. A lot of growers bash it due to their advertisement/prices etc but the product does work....it just depends on the final equation of cost to result ratio and does it add up? Were you using a main nute base when running the AN or just the products you listed......their iganua juice is pretty legit in my experience.

Thanks for sharing, rain day today butthe rest of the week looks good. Happy gardening to everybody!

E

Eatatjoes

These were started at the beginning of March during the proper moon cycle. Now they are in 100 gallon DIY smarties.

Bubbleberry x White Widow
album.php
picture.php

Headband S1
picture.php

album.php

McDank8O5

curious to see if those flower on you joe, most of the seeds i started in march have sexed and begun, the keepers were put in a greenhouse with supp. light

seems like a slow season on here so far, some of the big bears must be still in hibernation

E

Eatatjoes

I'm supplementing their lighting right now but yea I think I started too early. I've grown outdoors a number of times but I always started much later. My relative that's been growing outdoor for 20 years told me he starts his seeds Feb 1st I figured I'd wait another month, should have waited two. I'm really concerned about the bubbleberry getting out of hand on me, it's over 3' 6" now. I've topped all the branches but I'm looking at another two and a half months of veg time, I can't let this plant get over 8' tall.

Wow Eatatjoes nice looking grow space. You definitely put them out there a little early but you will be fine keeping that baby under 8' if you train the branches down alot spread that plant out with green plant tape anchored to something that will promote more bud sites anyway that is ideal. I will be watching that lady is gonna get huge!!!!

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Hey, is this where all those guys who grow 10 pounders hang out? :D

2011 Here we come!

All my best everybody, should be fun-
:wave:

E

Eatatjoes

Thanks Brotherganja, getting the smart pots filled and brought to the spot was crazy work. You should have seen it, I put the smartie on a piece of plywood that was cabled to my riding lawn mower and I put pieces of pvc pipes under the board filled it up then dragged the pot a few feet then put more pipes under it and so on, pyramid building style :dance013:

TheFlyinHaWyn!

stutzmans is the absolute shit!! i have been using it for years when i do a cotrolled outdoor grow...tea everytime..i always add something extra, some kelp, a small cleaned ocean fish or two...not too much pure fish as it is salty, but a couple seems to help :)

i have the opportunity to hopefully grow a couple larger ones, not like you guys up in cali do it, but hopefully some justice...our long season is different here...mostly sativas need to be grown to have any type of solid yield at the end...alright brothers of the pakalolo...grow um large!!!!

Kangativa

Veteran
Awww, I didn't know they had shark huggers over there too. I wouldn't mind swimming with them, but I'll be damned if I'll swim with the manta rays. That poor alligator hunter, he sure was entertaining.
I was wondering about immigration laws there, can I get citizenship if I marry an Aussie?

I'm looking for a girl like one of these:
192-Australian-Flag-Girls-192x128.jpg

But I'd settle for a girl like these:
200-Australia-Girls-Flag.jpg

:gday:

Lol.....It was actually a stingray, Manta's dont have a barb.
Hey mate for some unknown reason I cant see your pics, different format to me.
Hmmm, I am pretty sure you can get citizenship.....but believe me you are in for alot of paperwork., my wife is from overseas and it was a nightmare.

Nice plants you have started off.....when I grew in Norcal we started in Feb so they would sex out.....did it in a hotbox

Ok mate Ill be watching the grow....I have about 5 weeks to go and then its a month off before its start time again for the winter.
Good growing....:gday:

E

Eatatjoes

Lol.....It was actually a stingray, Manta's dont have a barb.
Hey mate for some unknown reason I cant see your pics, different format to me.
Hmmm, I am pretty sure you can get citizenship.....but believe me you are in for alot of paperwork., my wife is from overseas and it was a nightmare.

Nice plants you have started off.....when I grew in Norcal we started in Feb so they would sex out.....did it in a hotbox

Ok mate Ill be watching the grow....I have about 5 weeks to go and then its a month off before its start time again for the winter.
Good growing....:gday:

My mistake, I also called the croc hunter an alligator hunter lol.

Thanks for the compliment, size is a concern for me we have local size ordinances, a load of bs.

5 weeks left sounds real good, it's going to be a long season for me, I've been so busy trying to get by in this economy I haven't time off in a few years.
I can't wait to see your thai plants finish, I love that golden goodness.

:tiphat:

Crazy thread guys lots and lots of info in here idk if I already missed it but idk if I should buy the agricultural gypsum or garden gypsum the agricultural gypsum sounds the same comes in a 40lb bag and its cheapier than garden gypsum so any help would be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.