What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAboutz

WOOWW,

i was on that post , for all day long , and i can just say one thing ...

AWESOME WORK

i will read it again to check out all your receipe for that succes !

LAbz

organic P

Any reason you can't just plant in-ground? Gophers?

12 ft. isn't much headroom

Ha, hadn't thought of gofers, although we do have them in our lawn from time to time. keeping butterflies out is what concerns me most regarding pests.However, privacy is what I'm really trying to achieve with this greenhouse. My patch is sandwiched between my second garage and neighbors fence.

I suppose there aren't height limitations. How tall should the greenhouse be?

simos

I suppose there aren't height limitations. How tall should the greenhouse be?

It depends how large you want your plants to be. Since you're posting in the growing large plants thread, I'll assume you'd like to replicate the awesomeness herein.

When I build greenhouses next spring I'll be working with 15' minimum peaks and 6' sidewalls.

It sounds like you're doing it in a semi-urban area, so I'd consult with the city planning department about acceptable non-permitted structures. Some municipalities have rules against anything over 12' - and it would be a real shame to have to tear it down because a pissy neighbor complained. I know Nomaad had to break down and move his sweet 14' geodesic dome because it wasn't sanctioned by his local building codes and a neighbor made a complaint...

If you decide to go in-ground, and think gophers will be a problem, you can always install a two-foot deep hardware cloth barrier along the edge of the greenhouse foundation to keep em out. That's a fair bit of digging, though.

Shadecloth sidewalls (below the fenceline, at least) might be something to consider for increased air circulation.

Cheers

T

Trinity Gold

Nice. Part of the master plan for 2011 involves a continuous harvest from mid September. Something that finishes October 1st would be sweet for after the real early strain, whatever it turns out to be. What do you think you could get out of the DOG if you had her in the pot, under cover with supplight on May 1?

In 2008 D.O.G and Humboldt Snow hit the beds on May 5 with supplemental lights that were turned off on July 1 and the average yield per bed was 12.5 lbs..

nomaad

Veteran
Any reason you can't just plant in-ground? Gophers?

12 ft. isn't much headroom

that's exactly what I was getting at. if you have 16x14' floor space and 450 gallons of dirt, you're going to need all the headroom you can get. I'd suggest burying your smartpots or build gopher cages for holes to buy another 18-24" (custom or stock smartpot depth) of headroom.

12 full feet should do the trick. and i think 300 gallons of dirt will be sufficient.

And... since you have a structure built, you could also technically pull tarp on em if they start getting too big to trigger flowering early.

A single plant is going into that dome next year, simos. I am going for an 18 foot wide monster. Tall is cool. I have a bunch of 10.5-11' Dreams I'll be removing the greenhouse cover entirely for most of the summer and then putting it back on if required (if possible- she might grow THRU the dome itself) to finish it late into November.

Feb2006er

No, I haven't. Tell me about it.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=8535&highlight=sage&page=5
6oz in 3gal pot is what the thread says. It is supposed to have a very up high, and a great flavor. 80 something days like the Cough, but waaayyy bigger yields. I have seen other SAGE before and it was A+. Funky hazy flavor that I love. The high was very potent and had great medical effects too. I haven't run it yet so I'm excited to know what it will do.

Feb2006er

turkey bags.

The nice ladies at the Petrolia General Store had something funny to say as I was buying some rolling papers and a lighter- "If it wasn't for these and turkey bags we might go out of business". I laughed so hard I got a pain in my side.

nomaad

Veteran
I saw one hydro shop in Ukiah carries a brand of locally made (Sonoma) turkey bags for around $1 per sack in 100 packs.

I always prefer to buy local. I have to buy em anyway so I'll just get one of their packs and some of the traditional Reynolds joints to compare quality.

nomaad

Veteran
That sage looks beautiful and also like its a sick yielder. Funky hazey is what I am all about. How long inside/when outside?

Is it me or is there a touch of mold on that first close-up? might just be copious tricome fuzz, but there seem to be small highlights of gray fuzz.

Feb2006er

I don't know about outdoors. That might take next season to find out. It's hard to tell if that's mold or headless trich stalks. SELFHEMPLOYED would be the real person to ask about the strain as those were pics that he posted.

Yeoman

By-product of Large Plants Grown Outdoors

By-product of Large Plants Grown Outdoors

The attached link is a video of my drying operation at garden #2 in one of the two 20' greenhouses that have been converted for drying. Both greenhouses are identical. There are 2 air blowers, 1 small fan, 2 dehumidifiers and a small light ballast in each; All powered by a Generator. Each of the 7 drying racks in each are 3' in diameter. The light quality is not so good in certain spots, but I think you can get a good idea of whats going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYD7CC5049Y

Regards,

H

humboldtlocal

I saw one hydro shop in Ukiah carries a brand of locally made (Sonoma) turkey bags for around $1 per sack in 100 packs.

I always prefer to buy local. I have to buy em anyway so I'll just get one of their packs and some of the traditional Reynolds joints to compare quality.

Trim Scene sells Green Scissor Bags (made in Mendo) for $85 for 200. They are 25% stronger than reynolds. I have been pretty impressed with them so far. No blowouts. The sonoma bags are just re-boxed reynolds from what I have seen.

five_put

Turkey Bags

Turkey Bags

I have a question about the use of turkey bags for curing/storing the bud.

This sounds like a great idea, and I've never heard of it before.

I've always used 5gal plastic pails with lids, and they've seemed to work out ok.

Is there any advantage of using the turkey bags vs plastic pails? I've never really seen or used these turkey bags, so I'm not even really familiar with what they are or what their advantages might be.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I have a question about the use of turkey bags for curing/storing the bud.

This sounds like a great idea, and I've never heard of it before.

I've always used 5gal plastic pails with lids, and they've seemed to work out ok.

Is there any advantage of using the turkey bags vs plastic pails? I've never really seen or used these turkey bags, so I'm not even really familiar with what they are or what their advantages might be.

The Turkey bags have a very tight molecular structure. They are probably far superior to Your pails. They are also good for transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.