What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Green New Deal

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The only freedom we have currently is the freely destroy mother nature, and one another for money.
I'd give that away to save the species, and planet.

If regulations were strict as I speak of... Trust me... When you buy a product you KNOW its good. Nobody would drive a single inefficient vehicle, or operate a inefficient machine. Nothing would be mass produced because each system/machine would be efficient enough to defeat that redundancy. Each individual empowered with self sufficiency on the 3 things that matter in life... Food, shelter, and clothing. Not the materialistic perception all currently living generations are use to... We have become mad with the fanaticism of survival, and the economic peception side of survival where you can become a gluten with "surival" aka money. We do what we do to invoke envy, or leave impression for ego sake. When the game is taken away, we care only about survival... Food, Shelter, clothing.. Its time to wake up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQSQuCHtcI

Brother Nature

Man, I want whatever you're smoking because you have a very very positive outlook on the human race. What you're saying sounds nice, but the belief that humans are intrinsically good is laughable and that's the only way to achieve what you're proposing. What does trade, barter, or even money bring people? It brings power and control, that's why it is the system that governs our society. There has never been a society in existence that doesn't utilize hierarchical control with in it's ranks, even within the plant and animal kingdom. I'm not saying I like or endorse it, but unless you can draw up a way to actually get society to a place where power and control are not desirable traits, you're speaking theoretically.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
If you look at a human today...
You get job, drive, buy house..

All of those are options, and endless products in between. Those are the core investments of your time/money.

Most people don't know what they want to do.... Dont know shit about cars. Definitely don't know shit about houses.

People spend more than they can afford on cars, and houses. Fact

All of this solved with smart designed cities. With no need to drive... Shelter being available in so many sizes that you never improvise on a lifelong investment. No large pointless custom homes that are 4000sq ft for 1-2 head wasting resources to heat/cool.
When the norm becomes living in a microhome, instead of a mansion.

Housing for homeless is a laughable solution. Let me get visual.. I hate typing 1/8th what im thinking and it being this long still.
pefect-capsule-mini.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Screenshot_3-1472x1238.jpg

1430396726680524721.jpg

mkfeLcm4lkodpkv5d9hD_SUREArchitectureEndlessCity1.jpg

In a society without the ratrace, even the laziest of humans would contribute.

Vertical cities are the key.... Having everything in 1 building so travel isn't needed. All costs are reduced, employment is more available/auto. Higher standard of living/health automatically when you live a few floors from a hospital. Moving to a new building would be as exciting as moving to a new state is currently.

Brother Nature

Great thoughts, but again, how are we supposed to get there from here? Who is supposed to monitor those monitoring us? Where do the resources, time, effort, and work come into play when creating this utopia?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The main thing is... When you take away all the bad options.. People will start to choose smarter... Most people need that help understanding how to navigate money, and life....
Most people are poor because they dont know how to spend, not because they didn't have options available.

Lester Moore

Veteran
The main thing is... When you take away all the bad options.. People will start to choose smarter... Most people need that help understanding how to navigate money, and life....
Most people are poor because they dont know how to spend, not because they didn't have options available.

I'm the type of person that believes not a drop should be wasted. Theres too many people out here splashing around bottles... Need to put a stop to all stupid consumption. All pointless investment. Only Green.

In your utopia, can and do people still own guns? Knives? Hammers?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i think he is talking about folks that try to pick the fly shit out of pepper. i understand, you are just pointing out the (huge) bumps along the road instead of where we will need to go eventually. is his idea impractical? right now, sure. the technology is not there, nor the will power necessary to attain success. it was not there when Kennedy said we were going to the moon way back when. but we made it...:tiphat:

Lester Moore

Veteran
i think he is talking about folks that try to pick the fly shit out of pepper. i understand, you are just pointing out the (huge) bumps along the road instead of where we will need to go eventually. is his idea impractical? right now, sure. the technology is not there, nor the will power necessary to attain success. it was not there when Kennedy said we were going to the moon way back when. but we made it...:tiphat:
People pick fly shit out of pepper?

White Beard

Hahaha, I was just pointing out it is money that drives innovation...your ideas sounds great, a little pie in the sky, we should all have a chip I planted in us so we can get health care even faster in an emergency. but then I think of the movie I robot lol....
Despite the motivational speeches you’ve memorized, money *does not* drive innovation. It’s simply not true. Money drives politics. Money drives advertising. Money drives sales. Innovation - or rather, human intelligence combined with information, need, and sufficient leisure, drives innovation.

As for the “free stuff” - that is, the taking away of the fruits of someone’s labor for one’s own enrichment? That’s *CAPITALISM*. Wealth is accumulated by taking the work product of others for your own - that is, by creating poverty.

I know that’s not what Saint Rush sells in his Hour of the Wolf sermons, but it’s a simple obvious truth. The fact that you can’t see it is because you’ve been piping in the thought control for a while. Nice for the wealthy and their party that so many believe the lies that keep honest patriotic citizens from realizing how thoroughly they (and you) have been had. Not so nice for you, though, or for the rest of the folks who vote for enemies of the republic and of the constitution...in the end, there will still be no soup for you. Once they get their “permanent majority” (that is, a permanent ruling class made up of the wealthiest, with you and me losing *all* our rights, including the rights to vote and bear arms), we can slave or we can starve, as we choose....

White Beard

I confess, I have no faith in technocratic solutions, mostly due to many years’ exposure to technocrats and their solutions. I personally am not interested in being chipped, but for what the young doctor is suggesting along those lines - a telemetry readout of physiological conditions that won’t error out, crash, or kill the host - I have no fear we’ll understand computers or biology well enough to make it happen in my lifetime.

ESPECIALLY if private wealth decides to drive that research toward population-control / behavior-modification products (govt doing wouldn’t improve this as long as private wealth continues to drive the govt)

Lester Moore

Veteran
“ give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted” ( Vladimir Lenin)
They are now using 12-16 years.... and I am seeing trees......so sad....
Just keep in mind this planet is 4.543 BILLION years old....
Also no one ever answered my question, if anyone knows; why was it changed from global warming to climate change?
Ok... begin the name calling and insults.....it’s ok I won’t get offended...only the weak get offended...Although I prefer a real discussion....I am not taking a left or right side, I am really just throwing ideas and thoughts out that I wonder about....but, bring your insults and anger if you wish....

Lester Moore

Veteran
Despite the motivational speeches you’ve memorized, money *does not* drive innovation. It’s simply not true. Money drives politics. Money drives advertising. Money drives sales. Innovation - or rather, human intelligence combined with information, need, and sufficient leisure, drives innovation.

As for the “free stuff” - that is, the taking away of the fruits of someone’s labor for one’s own enrichment? That’s *CAPITALISM*. Wealth is accumulated by taking the work product of others for your own - that is, by creating poverty.

I know that’s not what Saint Rush sells in his Hour of the Wolf sermons, but it’s a simple obvious truth. The fact that you can’t see it is because you’ve been piping in the thought control for a while. Nice for the wealthy and their party that so many believe the lies that keep honest patriotic citizens from realizing how thoroughly they (and you) have been had. Not so nice for you, though, or for the rest of the folks who vote for enemies of the republic and of the constitution...in the end, there will still be no soup for you. Once they get their “permanent majority” (that is, a permanent ruling class made up of the wealthiest, with you and me losing *all* our rights, including the rights to vote and bear arms), we can slave or we can starve, as we choose....

I am confused..are you for the people to have the power or the government? The federal government has only 3 responsibilities, regulate interstate commerce, protect the Citizens from domestic and foreign threats ( the countries boarders) Other than that they need to get out of everything else and leave it to each state.....they are WAY to big....your roots run deep I see. If there is a tech idea let the state implement it, a new way to live, let the state implement it. Kill babies, no drug laws, illiminate carbon, free schools, free housing, no guns....all for each state to decide...f*** the federal government!
.....just my 2 pennies....:dance013:

Mick

Veteran
.I am not taking a left or right side, I am really just throwing ideas and thoughts out that I wonder about....but, bring your insults and anger if you wish....

Mate, you are way to the right of Genghis Khan, and imo ya can't get any further right than that, but I'd like to give you a hug anyway. :comfort:

Gry

Veteran
I am confused..are you for the people to have the power or the government? The federal government has only 3 responsibilities, regulate interstate commerce, protect the Citizens from domestic and foreign threats ( the countries boarders) Other than that they need to get out of everything else and leave it to each state.....they are WAY to big....your roots run deep I see. If there is a tech idea let the state implement it, a new way to live, let the state implement it. Kill babies, no drug laws, illiminate carbon, free schools, free housing, no guns....all for each state to decide...f*** the federal government!
I don't think are confused at all. I think you are another corporate devotee about deliver more untrue spewage such as the above. Time will tell.

Badfishy1

What’s so amazing is how the left always ignores the fact they support infanticide. Kind of like when you ask the chosen ones about metzitzah b’peh. Almost like the thoughts are so cringeworthy they can’t even digest the fact they support it. As far as confusion... they only support redistribution of wealth by any means possible. If it takes more govt, so be it. The ends justify the means