What's new

The Green New Deal

Gry

Veteran
I think AOC is great. Actually I am reassured by the current crop of millennials. They give me hope humankind is not doomed, at least right away.

The Green New Deal, as I understand it, is not a specific set of regulations or laws but a set of aspirations. It sets out the goals but does not specify how we get there. This is a problem. How do we get there? We need to figure that out because getting there is an urgent necessity.

Well stated.

St. Phatty

:laughing: I realize that trumptards have difficulty with certain concepts, but CLIMATE is NOT WEATHER

It's when the weather/climate starts to kill us, that it's a problem.

Though that is partially a matter of "mal-adaptation".

Human beings were mal-adapted to live in Redding last year.

So when a car with a simple flat tire, sent sparks flying into the dry vegetation near the road, well, it was only a problem because it burned 300 square miles.

St. Phatty

do you like it enough to risk the wealth you currently have?
and the wealth of everybody you likely know?
because that is what you will be doing, provided it ever happens
of course the gold standard never went completely away
nations still hold large gold reserves, or claim to
none seem willing to just sell it all for paper

That's not the view from within the central bank vaults of China & Russia.

You risk paper wealth by tying the currency to a liquid asset ?!

igrowone

Veteran
That's not the view from within the central bank vaults of China & Russia.

You risk paper wealth by tying the currency to a liquid asset ?!
intriguing answer, but not sure of the particulars you imply
of course Russia is a major gold producer, and interestingly so is China

igrowone

Veteran
Should people stop drinking carbonated drinks? Beer, soda, kombucha, Perrier, etc...
i think anything can be taken to the extreme
humor was the intent, but no co2 in the garden is a symbolic kind of thing
provided one is inclined to the co2 reduction in the air point of view

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jesus Christ...are we STILL arguing over humans' impact on our climate? Science Vs the minority POLITICAL party of the U.S.? Regarding....uh... science?
Of course, I'm sure white baby jesus is up there making sure nothing bad happens to his daddy's rib bone fuck trophies...

Cannavore

Veteran
corporations can be foreign, multi national, and/or state owned......... they dont just exist here in america lol.

carbon-majors-top-ten-crop.gif

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I think AOC is great. Actually I am reassured by the current crop of millennials. They give me hope humankind is not doomed, at least right away.

The Green New Deal, as I understand it, is not a specific set of regulations or laws but a set of aspirations. It sets out the goals but does not specify how we get there. This is a problem. How do we get there? We need to figure that out because getting there is an urgent necessity.

G `day OC

Millennials are 20 years old .
AOC is 30 . She is gen Y .

The #1 threat to the USA is global warming as presented to the President at his initial briefings .

Interesting he thought trade deals / sanctions , conflict in Syria and negotiating with Nth Korea are more important ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

packerfan79

Veteran
G `day OC

The #1 threat to the USA is global warming as presented to the President at his initial briefings .

Interesting he thought trade deals / sanctions , conflict in Syria and negotiating with Nth Korea are more important ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

You got it backwards. Millennial generation is 81 to 96. So 37 to 22 years of age. Gen y started in 97.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
You got it backwards. Millennial generation is 81 to 96. So 37 to 22 years of age. Gen y started in 97.

G `day PF

I`m talkin current .
The language I see used today .

This the way I understand it .
Baby boom - gen X - gen Y - millennial .
45 -65 66-86 87 -97 97 - today .

Millennial in this case means becoming an adult as the new millennium arrives .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Lester Moore

Veteran
G `day OC

Thanks for sharin

EB .

So is it global warming or USA warming? I am confused..
I also thought they changed the name ( not sure why) to climate change? I am so confused now...

Elmer Bud

Veteran
So is it global warming or USA warming? I am confused..
I also thought they changed the name ( not sure why) to climate change? I am so confused now...

G `day LM

Those hurricanes , the polar vortex and the wild fires ?
Much greater threat to US citizens than Mexicans . No ?

Not just a US problem . Floods , extreme weather events and droughts are a global threat .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I cant wait.. Sounds perfect to me... Shes a little bug eyed but... She isnt stupid.

99% of the jobs in the world are stupid.....99% of people dont need cars to get to their pointless job...
Homes are too big.... pointless to heat & cool...
There is no regulations for shit, and world is being ran hard & dry.

The only thing that matters is Survival.... and the key to that is food/shelter/clothing. The rest is just material, and pollution based on nothing more than each individual person's ego.
At the end of the day..... We are going to be a 1 government technology based society no matter what. Anyone who thinks that is stupid is stupid.
When there is 4k HD camera keeping a eye on every person people wont have to believe in Gods and religion...
Santas gonna either put you on the naughty, or nice list... Except this time you get a lazy beam in the neck if your a pos instead of coal.

igrowone

Veteran
and how many think the climate isn't changing?
poll numbers show more believers than not
now what they're willing to do about it is another story
expensive moves aren't popular, not that the current administration is going to do anything
people feel the change, but gonna have to hurt more before action