What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The greatest fraud on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Like, Samsung and Goliath?
3dd0fb8cf7927eef806e962d83b46bfd.jpg

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
George Carlin says it best;

As for the last one several hundred to a thousand years ago the Vatican issued a Papal Bull claiming ownership over every soul on Earth under the belief that he who does not rebut accepts and nobody has rebutted it so they claim everyone has accepted it and they own you.

moose eater

I just KNEW someone, or something, had been screwing with my schtick!! DAMMIT!!

Owned by the POPE!! What a defeat!!

By the way, not that it would do any good for some to know this, but common law includes, to some extent, every precedent set in interpreting non-specific laws or generalized 'directives' from days of old, up to present time, in case precedents set throughout time based on those older (implicit) laws, some of which have cancelled each other out.

Some of us are apparently stuck in a time zone that the precedents have often left behind.

And precedents set by the appellate and supreme courts are more or less binding, notwithstanding a higher court overturning them.

In other words, don't go into court being the guy who missed THAT bus.

And apparently someone here has, indeed, 'missed that bus'..

GenghisKush

I just KNEW someone, or something, had been screwing with my schtick!! DAMMIT!!

Owned by the POPE!! What a defeat!!

By the way, not that it would do any good for some to know this, but common law includes, to some extent, every precedent set in interpreting non-specific laws or generalized 'directives' from days of old, up to present time, in case precedents set throughout time based on those older (implicit) laws, some of which have cancelled each other out.

Some of us are apparently stuck in a time zone that the precedents have often left behind.

And precedents set by the appellate and supreme courts are mor or less binding, notwithstanding a higher court overturning them.

In other words, don't go into court being the guy who missed THAT bus.

And apparently someone here has, indeed, 'missed that bus'..
I keeps it old school and abide by the Code of Hammurabi. Certainly this must predate anything in so-called Common Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.