What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright, here's my cup(s). I used two 8oz beer cups, double potted on top of one another. I also took the bottom piece that was cut off the "top" cup, melted holes through it, and turned it upside down to be placed at the bottom of the "bottom" cup. That added an air pruning aspect to my pot...

The mix is 50% peat, 40% compost, and 10% perlite. It's amended with rainbow mix, dolomite lime, azomite, kelp meal, and alfalfa meal...

The seed is a granddaddypurple x supersilversourdieselhaze... She's seated between a Dead Head OG and a Fuel in my seedling box... Fun stuff!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

antheis

Veteran

my entry: 10 mexi-brick bag seed. i can't figure out how to do a date stamp, and the picture quality will improve as soon as i find my usb cord for my good camera.

Endur

Veteran
Here is my go at the challenge....

I'm popping 6 seeds total. 2) strains.....3 seeds of each.

First strain is (Smoke"N"Seeds), Big Fatty X Romulan X Sweet Tooth#3 2nd's
This was a cross I did back in 2004, but never ran them.

Big Fatty, was a clone acquired from A dispensary in Oakland Named,The 3rd Floor.

Romulan X Sweet Tooth#3, This is a cross of a Romulan clone (female) X Sweet Tooth#3 2nd's. (male)
I used male pollen, from that cross to hit up the Big Fatty female clone.

My second strain is Hornsswaggle....
It's a cross I made a couple years ago, made up from....
Nirvana's Bubblelicious (male) X Blueberry.
I have ran this for a few years Indoors & Outdoor. It does have phenos that gets some nice purple.

I'll be growing in FFOF & FFHF 50/50 mix.

Here are a couple pics, to kick this thread off.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
Endur

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Certainly looks like the same setup in both pics to me,.... but then I'm used to the effects of perspective distorting the way something looks in a pic. When I go wheeling it's damn near impossible to get a picture that shows how steep a climb is.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
heres my entry -

2 Hammerhead (Headband x Sharks breath)
2 Strawberry Cough
1 Cheesewreck (f)
1 Romulan from 1980 so we'll see.

I

icon

Midnight i put 1 feminized seed into a papertowel
Triple Threat Afghani = Pre92' Afghani x Lapis Mnt. Indica (Deepchunk pheno)
picture.php

primobud

1980 holy shit Headbandf1! Now don't let your lack of experience stop you from trying the beer cup. ha ha ha You been at this awhile. Have you had success with seeds old like that before? I would have thought they'd be history, mother nature is pretty cool eh! See ya next Sunday.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just dropped 10 seeds into recycled organic soil.....

5 Deep Chunk x Happy Chem
5 Deep Chunk x Yummy D

looking to seed these pups.
picture.php

can ya see the date on the phone? 25th

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like 2 8 ozs in the first pic.

looks like an 8 and a 16 in the second.

just sayin :2cents:

nope, two 8oz'ers... If I had a 16oz cup I would have just used that...

Plus, I'm one of the guys donating prizes for this contest, so I'm not playing to win; just for fun:tiphat:

Last edited:
I'm running 3 seeds given to me by my friend G from the best he ever smoked. Now dubed Geebee Ebees.
picture.php

I am starting them in 18 oz cups with straight vermiculite for now and will add media later.
picture.php

I Like Gouda's idea about infront of the thread on a monitor. However to do that you may find it best to be in a bright room and turn your flash off. Ort if you have a swivel head flash bounce off the wall behind you.

picture.php

0verkil13r

I'd like in on this just for fun. I'll have to get back with pics of the seeds with time/date stamps. All I can enter are bagseed that look promising. This should be interesting

V

vonforne

I am in. I have 8 Durgamata x Triple Moonshine. I will post my pics tomorrow. I had to work today and just got in.

Good luck to all.

V

R

redeyesurprise

Started 4 random bagseeds. Hoping something pops above the surface... Didn't get around to snapping pics til after 12am on the 26th, so I hope my entry will still count.:dance013:

picture.php

Good luck to all the contestants. :ying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts