What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
double potting makes better use of root space.didnt bog teach ya that

lol, that's exactly right. So I'm being chastised for making better use of the space we were given?

And this is really a matter of me being too cheap to buy an entire package of 16oz cups (when I already had an entire package of 8oz cups), and not a matter of me wanting some perceived advantage in a contest (that I'm providing the prizes for....)

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jimmy are those 2 8 oz cups????

V

lol, yeah man.. I've stated that like four times now. Two 8oz cups, and the top cup has the bottom half inch cut off; so I'm actually growing in about 14 or 15oz. of mix. Way less than the 18oz cups most of the other growers are using.

L

LouDog420

Wait, wait...

WJ, rules state you can't let your roots extend past the first cup now... Bet your cheatin' to win that prize huh :wallbash:

:laughing:

Dave's not here man :wave:

12 germed, 7 up
picture.php

I

icon

ok restarting late i planted 1 - triple threat fem, 2 - blueberry x aurora, 2 - hindu kush x las vegas purple kush & tonight i will be planting 4 - hindu kush LET THE FUN BEGIN!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
I

icon

no no no just the 5 cups in front that arent popped up yet i'll edit the pic & cut the plants out of the background
1 - triple threat
2 - blueberry x aurora
2 - hindu kush x lvpk
& i'll be adding 4 - hindu kush tonight

I

icon

everything is ok now lol heres the hindu kush i forgot to mention im growing in coco using advanced nutes but will be switching to canna next week woot.
picture.php

proof of life..

proof of life..

it's alive!!!! it doesn't look very green. put it under a cfl. we will see if that helps.

Attachments

• PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 10

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Update: 5 of six are up. Even the 31 year old Romulan is UP:jump:.

Only waiting on one of the Hammerheads they got really thick tuff shells. may even dig it up and scuff again and re soak.

and the Romulan with a red stem......

WelderDan

Veteran
I just dug up the 2 remaining beans that didn't pop. The G13/HP had a little tail sticking straight up, so it got poked back down in the peat pellet tail down. The G13/BSH that didn't pop felt firm, and it's sister is up, but I think the issue is thick shells. I nicked the shell of the unpopped one with a razor knife and put it back in the peat pellet. 7 of 8 popped, with a CFL shining down. Now I gotta come up with a suitable grow space. They are in my closet for the moment, since my girlfriend has overtaken my old grow space as an office. Thinking of converting the shower in the back bathroom since it's the perfect size and we don't use it. It's gonna take some negotiation.

V

vonforne

All 10 of mine are above soil. They should all fold out and turn green by morning. And I was just hoping for a few of them to sprout. I will just pick 2 or 3 to remain in the cups. The others are bound for their 50 gallon homes for some Scrogging.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.