What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
every seed for me in an experiment. this challenge for me is just a chance to chill out and grow a gorgeous plant or two or so.. but i grow in a mini fridge in my room because i cant stand being that far away from a plant, lol Have a blast guys and gals I am.. Herb...

I

icon

uuuggh my seedling died the tap turned brown & withered i think it was do to too much heat it was mysteriously hot yesterday out of no were.....so im sprouting 2 more & will post when i plant them. I dont care if i get disqualified since im doing this for fun & i plan on posting anyways, but i dont see it as breaking the rules as i'll just have 3 weeks to veg instead of 4 i hate falling behind.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Two of three up!

picture.php

picture.php

V

vonforne

shit, can I still join in?... I'm gonna germinate tonight, that pic of the 2006 winner is to sick

sure man....jump right in. Take a picture of your starting entries.

All of my seeds are up. I went ahead and started 10 because the were old and got 100%.

V

WelderDan

Veteran
2 LUI/BM, 2 Killer Queen, 1 G13/HP and 1 G13/BSH up out of the peat pellets. 6 of 8. 1 G13/HP and 1 G13/BSH are no show so far, but I'll give 'em a little more time. Picking up some potting soil shortly to pot 'em up in the 16 oz cups. Pics later today after potting.

LetsSeeYa

Wendy is up! :dance013:

Canni, i had wrote that your seed would pop at 8;00 last night, but then deleted it. Dang man i wish i would have kept it on here. But the good news is she popped, i have one, spilled another twice and the other two are sitting on the DVR so soon i hope ta see 3. If i get real lucky the one i spilled will have the seed at the bottom and will pop, but thats wishful thinking:blowbubbles:

Keep er green everyone :wave:

LSY

LetsSeeYa

Why the stacked cups Jimmy? Roots cant go past the bottom of the cup i thought, but just curious what ya got going on there. Your seedling is a stud man. Are ya growing into the bottom cup? If thats the case id cut the bottom of and let the roots go crazy in the lower cup.

Just curious my friend as i think roots cant leave a single cup, but maybe im not seeing your pic right, can ya explain?

LSY

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't have a single 16oz cup, so I stacked two 8oz. It's essentially one tall cup. The roots extending past the cup rule applys to massive root balls extending into a separate reservoir. Don't worry man, my roots are confined to the same amount of space as everyone else.

Plus, I think I should mention this again, I'm sending in part of the prize package; so I'm just playing along for fun.

Last edited:

Greenlife1

Crap! saw this a little late. I hope you don't mind if i jump in.
I will post pics tomorrow.
I have a couple that I have been wanting to start anyways.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
taking a little longer then usual, but i have faith in them.

5 for 5 on the DC x Yummy D
1 for 5 on DC x HappyChem <--slow pokes

good luck folks!

I'm still waiting to break soil, but not giving up yet. Since you are letting more people in late vonfoamy does that mean I can start a few more?

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i thought it was a 16oz cup? Isn't that what I have with two 8oz cups on top of one another? I don't have two 16oz cups, so what's the difference? I have 16oz of dirt, just like everyone else.

... and once again, I'm not playing to win; just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.