What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Generic Terpenators Operating Manual

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any opinions on 18 or 20" manways for collection pots. Seems like it will drastically improve recovery times. Rated for 60psi, tested to 70. Should be good right?

More surface area would sure speed up recovery, but their pressure limits wouldn't meet ANSI/ASME 3X requirements.

The system must meet not only 3X the normal operating pressure, but 3X the pressure the system might logically see if for instance you ran out of refrigeration on a hot day.

n-Butane at 100F has a vapor pressure of 38 psi. 38 psi X3 = 114 psi.

Attachments

• butane-propane mix pressure at temperature.jpg
    butane-propane mix pressure at temperature.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 33

piper434

Thanks for that info!
So are there no prefab options larger than the 12x12 spools? I got my hopes up for 18" of evap surface..

Thanks for that info!
So are there no prefab options larger than the 12x12 spools? I got my hopes up for 18" of evap surface..

Sanitary spools over 12" will not hold hold the pressure. You could create your own collection pot that does hold the pressure if you know how to do that.

Dirt Bag

Column recovery valve

Column recovery valve

2.9.1 When last cycle reaches -10" Hg, close dump valve and open column recovery valve, to recover the column separately from the lower pot.

Either my system lacks this feature or I need help with the nomenclature. How do I isolate the column with pump still having access? Do I recover via the blue side connection of my manifold? I'm confused 🤯
Do you perhaps have a diagram of an assembled system with the different parts labeled for thick people like me for whom text is inadequate?
:1help::thank you::1help:

aSilvrHaze

This is more of an advanced feature that comes with MK IV - type setups, or added in yourself if you can figure out the plumbing.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Either my system lacks this feature or I need help with the nomenclature. How do I isolate the column with pump still having access? Do I recover via the blue side connection of my manifold? I'm confused ��
Do you perhaps have a diagram of an assembled system with the different parts labeled for thick people like me for whom text is inadequate?
:1help::thank you::1help:

Here is how I would do it. Drawing excludes other plumbing and equipment for clarity.

Attachments

• IMG 20160310 145259
    IMG 20160310 145259
    63.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts