What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gardening with ALMOST free supplys Grow 2011... Check it again!.

Manitoid

Update of test cuts for outdoor! PICS

Update of test cuts for outdoor! PICS

Here are some pictures of potential outdoor genetics. We are flowering one of each in order to see what she does. We know outdoor is not the same as indoor.

I want my patients to be able to smoke each flavour so they may decide themselves what plants go in the greenhouse. I have 5 patients that I am trying to discern what meds work for them.

Plus we will not accept a slouch in full season outdoor.

The magic is that these will be done from May 7 - May 14, and we do not plant OD until June 1. SO, we will know what goes into the greenhouse this year, which is a vast improvement from buying dispensary clones and putting them in the ground that day. Always moving forward!

If you noticed by now, I am a personal fan of LST ninjutsu. Why have a larf nug when they can all see the light.

Everything is looking really fuckin' healthy! I was worried for a minute, and appeared to have cleared up what was a mag deficiency across the board in my grow.

Saw Tooth... fastest veg and fastest to clone, see how she does

picture.php

flower of Saw Tooth.

picture.php

SAGE

picture.php

SAGE from under...

picture.php

Strawberry Cough... glad to finally get to work with this one

picture.php

S. Cough from under... just a pine tree pulled down

picture.php

DJS Blueberry from under. We'll see about this one

picture.php

DJSBB nuglet...

picture.php

Flo cut 1...

picture.php

Flo cut 1 flower. have two different flo. hopefully one go!

picture.php

working on next post now...

Manitoid

More Pics, further along OD candidates, and seed candidates.

More Pics, further along OD candidates, and seed candidates.

All of the plants above are in 7g smart pots if that helps for size comparison.

These next couple pics are of nugs that are further along. Both potential OD test cuts, and both look to be keepers.

Green Crack cut 2... different than first nugs you saw of GC, but worthy in it's own right.

picture.php

White Russian... "long haired lady, sexy lady!"

picture.php

I popped 18 seeds this spring. I am unfamiliar with seeds, as I am typically a mother / clone man myself. However these seeds were different to me. They were from my outdoor last year. These ones were MINE! I did not know the male, and the females were either Hawaiian, Sour Diesel, or Grand Daddy Purple from last years outdoor. I do know a few pollen chuckers that occasionally hang out so i hoped that it was not herm pollen.

Of the 18 seeds 11 were male... Hooray! i was hoping for a better % female, but hey these were REAL seeds!

Of the 7 females, 5 were kept.

2 males were kept for various reasons. 1 had great branching and indica. One showed lank and leaf of sativa, but flowered from seed to pollen drop in 6.5 weeks.

So we will have 5 females X indica chunky male and 5 females cross sativa speedy gonzales seeds for outdoor 2012.

I want my own weed. I want Colorado naturalized Outdoor! Hopefully this will be the start of a great breeding project to call my own. Only time will tell.

Female Seeds A through E in order: some of the lower fans were removed to promote light to lower branches. Will be topped for test cut...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Letter E in an oddity. after its first real node, a fern type no terminal end leaf emerged from the top. Luckily it grew from the bottom two secondary tips. top leaf was cut off.

And and in closing a very happy plant that I did not label the photo, so I do not know at the moment what it is... other than happy!

picture.php

Thanks, as always, for tuning in! We are gearing up for a great season of farming and learning!

mapinguari

Veteran
Really cool that you are popping your own seeds. Creating something at least a little different from anything else! And aiming to find a plant that does really well locally.

We're running Tom Hill's DC / Haze f2s this year, that's our minor foray into something like breeding. See if we can't keep developing that, and who knows, maybe make some short-cut crosses with some of our dispensary clones.

Good luck with yer seeds.

Marcellas

Veteran
Everything looks amazing!! I have also been doing "minimal-cost" outdoor grows the past few years, and also accidentally made 2 batches of seeds in last years season!! Like you, I am VERY excited to try a strain that I have created myself. Germinating both batches of these home-made seeds as I type this!! :D :woohoo:

Last year I grew 3 BOG Strains outside: SourBubble, BlueKush (AKA "Blush", or SourBubble X BlueMoonRocks), and SourStrawberryDiesel (SourBub X StrawberryDiesel). I had 1 female of each of these strains, and a BUNCH of males of each strain.. Well, not sure which male pollinated which females, but they were all seeded, so I accidentally crossed these 3 BOG Strains in UNKNOWN ORDER!! :joint:
.... I name this cross, "Insta-Kill"!! :)

I also had 2 clones outside that were given to me which were also pollinated by the 3 BOG strains mentioned above.. These clones honestly were completely lacking in potency, smell (none), flavor/taste, appearance, ect.. But they were strong, uniform, sturdy, mold-resistant, nice-yielding plants that did great outside!! I'm excited to see what kinds of plants I'll get after being crossed to the BOG strains!!
...For it's randomness, I named this strain "Rando"!! :)

I am SUPER excited to try working with some crossed which I made MYSELF! I'm also hoping that these new strains have adapted to my area's climate/environment a bit, being created here last season outside.. I share your feelings of excitement, can't wait!!

Looks great, keep up the good work!!

Manitoid

Test cut picture update...

Test cut picture update...

Test cuts coming along. Looking forward to tasting all before planting full season!

Flo cut 1... by far the happiest, shiny green, first to start resin packing

picture.php

and a flower.

picture.php

and another flower, happy as can be.

picture.php

Others of note. Elephant.

picture.php

Elephant flower...

picture.php

DJS Blueberry. do not know of pheno, was a dispensary pick up. Looks promising!

picture.php

DJS Blueberry flower.

picture.php

DJS Blueberry another flower

picture.php

Thanks for tuning in. Is everyone else dutifully flipping holes?

Manitoid

Celebrity guest host of grow...

Celebrity guest host of grow...

In the lull before we actually go full season (June 1), I'd like to introduce you to the celebrity guest host of the grow this year.

She's lived off radar for quite some time. She was probably off backpacking with her man. Known as one of the regulars in the Where's Waldo series of books...

Wilma!

picture.php

To all the die hard Where's Waldo fans, she promises to never be this easy to find in a picture again this year...

Expect to see her in most photos this summer, if you can find her!

Manitoid

As a scientific update:

Strawberry cough test cut hermed out. so All evidence of it's existance and mother were destroyed.

It was the one I was most excited about. Grew and smelled the most unique so far.

Does anyone know if true S. Cough is prone to environmental herming or what?

Thanks for tuning in!

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Very holistic approach Manitoid. I'm looking to source some free bulk stuff. Great inspiration. thanks :)

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
As a scientific update:

Strawberry cough test cut hermed out. so All evidence of it's existance and mother were destroyed.

It was the one I was most excited about. Grew and smelled the most unique so far.

Does anyone know if true S. Cough is prone to environmental herming or what?

Thanks for tuning in!

I had alot of IBL strains hermie on me out side this year... im blaming all nina :)

northstate

ICMag Donor
Manatoid-
Inspirational ways coming from your camp and the approach is fresh with lots of good info and pics. Last year was great and looking forward to another fun season. Seeds are great and we will be making some beans again. Test grows are key and you have that figured out. Cheers from NorCal to the rectangle. NS

Manitoid

Scientific update 2:

Still working on replacing my camera to get back to the constant picture updates...

SAGE cut i got from same guy as S. Cough cut turned out to be the same S. Cough cut, throwin' banana dicks... chucked out. Smelled great though, and white gorilla haired.

Each pistil hair itself was thick and hairy like a fern. never seen something like that.

Still do not get to smoke something like that because well, they cease to exist. shame. no guilt though :p

Manitoid

Scientific Update #3:

How quickly threads are forgotten when my camera gets monkey stomped...

Test cuts are finishing up. Blueberry is such a treat. about half of the greenhouse will be either DJS BB or Flo.

The flo has been affectionately called flypaper... For there are a couple dead houseflies on it that came to check it out, and were stuck there, possibly stoned until death...

What a way to go...

Will be getting a backup camera borrowed as science is less fun without photographs!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:lurk:

Holy shit batman, just read your 2010 on-the-cheap thread, mega propers to you my friend. :tiphat:

True Blueberry is one of my flavorite varieties, .. Was just discussing w/ the old lady about picking up some DJS TBB seeds, .. But at $200/10, and with about 6 other varieties sitting here that I've not yet flowered, .. It's a tough justification.

Grumble.

Also, I'm working with as much space as one of your holes. Dammit. :wallbash:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I'm still lurking Manitoid. If i have anything useful to contribute i'll add my experiences, but i'm along for the ride so far. :)

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Stopping by to say Whats Up?! I was just reading up on the goodness of horse shit in Sleep Hollow Canyon thread. Best of luck mate