What's new

The Future of Cannabis

U

ureapwhatusow

Hello everyone,

Freedom Fighter was talking with Gypsy Nirvana in chat and wanted to create a place were we can discuss what our vision of the future will be

The real relative factor is the current push for legalization of marijuana in many parts of the world

We can help shape our future, but first we musts envision it

Vision without action is a daydream, action without vision is a nightmare

Please share with us where the future is in your eyes and how we can prepare to contribute in shaping the emerging world of cannabis

U

ureapwhatusow

One of my "visions" is that if legal wihtout any restraints, cannabis will be bred to make "designer spices"

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Well first off we must look at the areas of the globe with liberal policies in regards to Cannabis. While I have never been to Amsterdam I am a California native. I have grown up with a changing attitude towards Cannabis.

It is expected that the people will vote on a ballot proposition to legalize Cannabis, not just for medicinal purposes. Yeah we know the federal government will take 15 years to accept that. But if you look now since the Obama administration took office people are growing and selling cannabis in greater numbers. And the raids, well it's been almost 3 months now since one. Interesting because dispensaries are popping up left and right.

The business prospects intrigue me. Before it was just stoner ideation. A decade ago the concept of a legal corporation that deals in Cannabis would have seemed to be hallucinations from some good paper. Yet it's happened. As the black market comes to light it will be interesting to see how the conversion takes place. So many different products will come out! It would be interesting to see true genetic modification of herb. Glow in the dark cannabis!

I think having a nursery dedicated to producing plants for others to grow would be ideal for me.

It would be such a relief to know law enforcement had your back if someone tried to rob your shit. Imagine taking someone to court because they stole your weed plants. I hope i live to see the day

S

Space Ghost

i don't buy in to the peace love and harmony crowd... i just don't think one drug (yes folks, it's a drug) can start a whole new world, but i do see it as a top medicine, food, fuel, textile, biomass and general fiber producer in the near future (hopefully). But i fear that everything will be bought up and patented beyond belief. And most derivative medications will be a specifically formulated blend of cannabinoids, rather than actual plant material.... who knows... 150 years ago, few people dreamed of power flight, let alone sending men to the moon, your guess is as good as mine...

dilbert

I imagine that Cannabis will have to be engineered to grow like a normal plant under the sun or similar to a plant that has been grown w/ dwc, aero, etc under 1kilowatts with decent yields, but instead engineered to grow similarly even with cfl's and produce similar yields. That I imagine is the future of cannabis, but long term wise, I see it becoming a science in its own right, with different plants created to cure different ailments such as colds, mental illnesses, etc.

motaloca

I think big business will take over, gene manipulation weed will be in all colours and potency will be regulated.
in my opinion it should be decriminalized, not legalized cause I fear motesanto, phillip morris, etc. weed.
Worldwide decriminalization, mmj for everyone over 16 must be made available.
I know as nice as it sounds but i fear legal weed.
But legalization could create something like the beer market, chose mass produced piss or a nice beer from a micro brewery.
And of course nobody belongs in jail for growing a plant, selling to adults, smoking a plant.
It's a plant with a lot of history essential to human culture, wake up world.

U

ureapwhatusow

i don't buy in to the peace love and harmony crowd... i just don't think one drug (yes folks, it's a drug) can start a whole new world, but i do see it as a top medicine, food, fuel, textile, biomass and general fiber producer in the near future (hopefully). But i fear that everything will be bought up and patented beyond belief. And most derivative medications will be a specifically formulated blend of cannabinoids, rather than actual plant material.... who knows... 150 years ago, few people dreamed of power flight, let alone sending men to the moon, your guess is as good as mine...

well its interesting you say that

I see it differently. I feel that because cannabis fulfills our needs in so many different ways, i am analogically inspires me to look for an economy of energy and synergy in my interactions with the world around me.

I also do no believe it is a coincidence that we are drawn to it, what other substance can effect us so profoundly?

It effects us spiritually, mentally and physically and yet is as detrimental to our biological being as water

We are mere beings in the process of adaptation/evolution in a growing planetary population that is transforming the world and becoming very much a species in and of itself

while there is still a part of the world that is completely self sufficient, we are rapidly becoming dependent on one another to fulfill our daily needs

coupled with technology, society will transform and advance at the same rate as technology (see moore's law), as will our interdependence upon each other

we need to lose our predatory mindsets for symbiotic ones, and I beleive the seeming "altruism" that marijuana imbibes is really the expression of our own realization that our success is dependent on each other success

Sure commercialization will come up with crazy stuff, but that doesn't mean you have to smoke that shit. If it gets decriminalized then it still leaves all the power in control of the gangs and cartels, it has to be legalized and taxed to remove the criminal element from it. Prohibition already failed once, it's on its way to failing again.(hopefully)

Euphrates

It would be such a relief to know law enforcement had your back if someone tried to rob your shit. Imagine taking someone to court because they stole your weed plants. I hope i live to see the day

It's actually happened already on peoples court. I saw it one day where this guy from a med state sued some jackass neighbor for stealing his medicine, his reason for stealing,

"he did such a good job at growing the stuff, the plant's where huge". or some jack-off excuse.

judge Milian was in favor of the med patient and ridiculed the asshole thief for stealing the med patients medicine. It was awesome.

dilbert

while there is still a part of the world that is completely self sufficient, we are rapidly becoming dependent on one another to fulfill our daily needs

coupled with technology, society will transform and advance at the same rate as technology (see moore's law), as will our interdependence upon each other

Dude everyone is already interdependent on everyone else anyway. No one builds their own house, create their own materials such as lumber or grow their own food. Neither do most people run a business where they provide others with goods or services, most are dependent on their jobs, career, their boss. The best thing to do in this economy is start a business like a liquor store, own land, build your own house, etc.

It's actually happened already on peoples court. I saw it one day where this guy from a med state sued some jackass neighbor for stealing his medicine, his reason for stealing,

"he did such a good job at growing the stuff, the plant's where huge". or some jack-off excuse.

judge Milian was in favor of the med patient and ridiculed the asshole thief for stealing the med patients medicine. It was awesome.

:yoinks: Wow! i had no idea. Now all i need is a med card. Judge Milian has good karma

I have to agree with Motaloca... Decriminalization seems like the best bet. I don't want anyone judging weed by some bottom of the barrel pre-rolled J's at the corner store....If you don't already have it, it shouldn't be readily available at any store, and if I can speak bluntly, I hope I never see the day when potency is regulated.... Smoke em' if you got em'

U

ureapwhatusow

I think big business will take over, gene manipulation weed will be in all colours and potency will be regulated.
in my opinion it should be decriminalized, not legalized cause I fear motesanto, phillip morris, etc. weed.
Worldwide decriminalization, mmj for everyone over 16 must be made available.
I know as nice as it sounds but i fear legal weed.
But legalization could create something like the beer market, chose mass produced piss or a nice beer from a micro brewery.
And of course nobody belongs in jail for growing a plant, selling to adults, smoking a plant.
It's a plant with a lot of history essential to human culture, wake up world.

I agree

i have argued in many threads here that decriminalization is better because legalization will cause a shift in market placement

I think many people take this stance as criminal because they assume it means we dont want freedom from persecution. I want freedom from persecution as badly as everyone else

I have many fears behind legalization and not because the concept is bad, but because corporate American has to great a bias in American politics

even in the grand scheme of things it doesn't seem prudent

if it gets taxed and corporations get involved, what part of that 100 billion that is already being generated and allocated is going to be lost to the current beneficiary?

will legalization grow the market so dramatically that it will generate that much extra revenue that it benefits everyone across the board?

what will the cost of administration be?

OR

the biggest ? of them all

what percentage of all marijuana grown in America is for medical use ???

PROPOSED TAXES TO BE COLLECTED FROM MARIJUANA SALES ARE PROJECTED ON AGRICULTURAL GNP OF MARIJUANA

basically, they are saying out of all illegal marijuana revenue that is generated now

ITS ALL VIABLY TAXABLE

SO ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERY POT SMOKER IN AMERICA IS GONNA BE A VIABLE MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT !!!!

ITS ALL FAULTY LOGIC

you really think the medical legal, AKA DYING CANCER PATIENTS, are gonna buy the countries supply of weed and provide the hundreds of billons of tax dollars they are projecting to collect

the government is saying we will have the same market volume that the whole estimated marijuana community has today even tho its limited to severe and chronic medical conditions

dilbert

You know why its still illegal in the present? Because just about anyone can grow it, no one will need a huge corporate conglomerate to grow the country or market most of the weed, that conglomerate can't sell it to distributors, distributors can't sell it to proprietors, proprietors can't sell it to the end consumer. Corporations can't make money off weed being legal, with something anyone can grow in their closet, it's too hard for the state (gov't) to tax it, so you end up with what we have today, a ruling elite social class that owns massive Conglomerates and hold enormous wealth, influence the political class with more money than their careers could ever give them, and then the same ruling elite benefit from a black market on marijuana when they delve into the supply and demand game w/ weed.

U

ureapwhatusow

Dude everyone is already interdependent on everyone else anyway. No one builds their own house, create their own materials such as lumber or grow their own food. Neither do most people run a business where they provide others with goods or services, most are dependent on their jobs, career, their boss.

I was responding to a specific comment about marijuana's capacity to "heal" society. the summary of my point was basically the same, but imo a little more relative, not as completely totalitarian.

you are saying that every third world country has well water and antibiotics, which is not true. There are still indigenous nomadic tribes that populate Africa and Rasia

it woudl also imply that no one in America lives off the grid ? there are no survivalists, naturalists or the separatists

The best thing to do in this economy is start a business like a liquor store, own land, build your own house, etc.

the statement above is subject to individuals with capital, entrepreneurial desires and ambitions

Its a thread about the future of legal marijuana, I don't see the relativity or were it ties into the response i was giving to the original poster or the thread subject itself so i have no comment positive or negative

dilbert

Yeah I get what you're saying, but in the end, everyone, no matter where you are, is dependent on everyone else. Even people in Africa still need merchants to buy food from, or merchants to buy medicine from, etc. Even in the third world things are not as different as you think as they seem compared with the "1st world" just technology does make things alot more convenient for those in developed countries.

U

ureapwhatusow

You know why its still illegal in the present? Because just about anyone can grow it, no one will need a huge corporate conglomerate to grow the country or market most of the weed, that conglomerate can't sell it to distributors, distributors can't sell it to proprietors, proprietors can't sell it to the end consumer. Corporations can't make money off weed being legal, with something anyone can grow in their closet, it's too hard for the state (gov't) to tax it, so you end up with what we have today, a ruling elite social class that owns massive Conglomerates and hold enormous wealth, influence the political class with more money than their careers could ever give them, and then the same ruling elite benefit from a black market on marijuana when they delve into the supply and demand game w/ weed.

we have plenty of threads about the present state of marijuana and the conditions of its illegal status

this thread is for sharing your vision of the plant in a climate that has no legal ramifications

these dont have to be business based

it could be long term or short term, but what i was hoping for in this thread is to paint a picture of how the world could benefit and how it may look after it gets to reap that benefit

dilbert

Oh my bad ureapwhatusow, I didn't catch that part. I thought for some reason this thread was about imagining the future, ok.

U

ureapwhatusow

Yeah I get what you're saying, but in the end, everyone, no matter where you are, is dependent on everyone else. Even people in Africa still need merchants to buy food from, or merchants to buy medicine from, etc. Even in the third world things are not as different as you think as they seem compared with the "1st world" just technology does make things alot more convenient for those in developed countries.

many third world countries dont have simple clean water, and thus have daily child mortality rates that rival yearly child mortality rates in other countries

but as i said before in essence im not going to contend a concept that was introduced into a side conversation

its really an argument of semantics butnone of this has a bearing on the thread so lets concede that since it has no bearing on the thread title has no need to be argued

Latest posts

Latest posts