What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Funk Lab

yaxu

Veteran
Hola bro! Sigo este hilo de hace unos meses,pero nunca me suscribi.Siempre es un deleite leerte Gleen,y que decir de las fotografías :bigeye: Saludos :tiphat:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Maui Wowie 1978 aka Cherry Bomb from Mr Greengenes.

Not just as fruity or cherry flavoured as I was expecting but beautiful plant for sure. Mr Greengenes toldme that the cherry flavour traits were less abundant because of his selection for potency, but I'm hoping to find it eventually even if it's on my own hybrids.

A pleasure to grow. Pretty in pink:

TfFLgQJ.jpg

vWvPuUk.jpg

d0kMgQI.jpg

MP6ICll.jpg

xW2tGAb.jpg

R

=Roos=

Hi Mustafunk
It is a great pleasure to read your comments.
Congo purple is a plant that leaves you speechless, a real lady.
very beautiful and elegant, despite the size...
fantastic also Maui Wowie 1978
really happy to be able to follow your thread, thanks for sharing

oldbootz

Veteran
Always a pleasure to see what you're up to Mustafunk. That purple congo reminds me of some africans with the low potency and high frost coverage. It seems to happen often that way.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
After a short break offline and busy with work I'd like to keep the thread up to date with some pics from the past season or current projects.

This is a beautiful X18/PTK line that my brother Raco shared with me during a visit to his place and I've been reproducing since then, I think it's a great Pakistan hashplant with lots of interesting traits to work with.

I particularly love the apple bubblegum sweet phenos over the earthy/chemmy ones. Raco did a great job with his Tom Hill grow and he selected some amazing keepers indeed, it's a shame that many of them were never preserved though.

WiQd1JJ.jpg

One of the males I've found this time:

F9FoiFL.jpg

Females:

x18_ptk_1.jpg

x18_ptk_4.jpg

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Some pics from a California Orange S1 line I've received from Stash, the man with a thousand seeds. I was hoping to find some unique citrus phenos and interesting plants to keep around the place but I've ended a bit dissapointed with potencies and terpenes too.

Initially I was quite happy with those, nice "sativa" looks and during the early flowering the orange smell was interesting on one of the females, but as the plant kept maturing those fruity monoterpenes changed a bit and kinda faded away. Nothing like I was expecting...

Stash told me he had similar experience with this batch. I guess I will keep trying to find the legendary Aeric77 Cali-O clone that Bodhi, Chimera and some others used for their breeding projects if I wanna try the real McCoy that originated the citrus wave!

picture.php

picture.php

The faster female:

picture.php

The slower and most orangey one:

picture.php

Bud detail, unfortunately no more pictures from them since I've had an issue with my camera at the time:

picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Past season I've also been pretty excited about this beautiful Central African Republic landrace, this is a very special line since it was brought as a gift by a French documentary cameraman who travelled to the area and was able to obtain some seeds from his pygmy local assistant for a friend of him who asked for a nice souvenir. Then the line was shared among some friends from the Vibes Collective circle and I've been wanting to grow her since it ended in our hands!

The Baka people are one of the few pygmie populations left in Africa, most of them live around Central African Republic, Cameroon, Uganda and Congo. Most pygmy cultures still have a big attachment to the "bangi" (that's how they call the ganja there). They normally smoke everyday, both for working, relaxing, hunting and ceremonial purposes. So it was a legit chance to cultivate something unique and untamed, with a proper african ganja heritage. We know that the pigmies settled all over the Congo River basin, so they have carried their seeds as a part of their own culture all over those places.

The traditional gourd water pipes:

cb305520d7cd1d429ea24b62b214e8fd.jpg

They are mostly hunters and gatherers, true jungle people. Unfortunately they are often seen as inferior or primitive tribes by others and their situation is quite dramatic.

More info: https://kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane.../baka-pygmy-people-renowned-pygmy-people.html

https://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes/pygmies

Anyway the line just looks like some other untamed African landraces from Equatorial Africa, very spicy, wild and fortunately not very hermie prone neither extremely long flowering:

picture.php

picture.php

Very fluffy tops too:
picture.php

She also has the classic african leaves, subtle serration and often no tiny leaves on the fans:

picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Latest shots from the pygmie weed from the Baka tribe in Central African Republic.

A truly untamed beauty:

picture.php

picture.php

Despite the wispy structure, the flowers had lots of a nice and aromatic resin:

picture.php

picture.php

Sex was firm on all the females but males were interesex:

picture.php

Vibes.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Keep those pics and reports coming my friend, it's always a pleasure to see what you"re working on !

Vibes

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Last bunch from the Central African Republic pymgy weed... they were grown in small 2l containers so right before the harvest time the plants were fading into a beautifull lime green color.

picture.php

picture.php

I can almost feel the smell coming from those buds! Dark african woody spicy ganja.

picture.php

The production is quite ridiculous but I'm sure about the potential for breeding projects.

picture.php

Nice foxtails and resinous calyxes too.

picture.php

It was a pleasure to grow such line. Unfortunately we are having some issues on working with her because of the abundance of intersex males. Long flowering + intersex males=pain in the ass. A good friend with lots of passion and expertise is focusing on preserving her at the moment though, so I guess I'm moving into the next one.

Coughie

Might be a pain in the ass, but that fade is beautiful!

It's always such a pleasure seeing your work, Mustafunk, thanks for posting the pictures!

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
This are some pics from our Zamal GN Collection P1 keeper, the terpene palette, structure, growth pattern and characteristics are very similar to the so called Guerrit's Zamal A, they are sisters actually. The line is quite homogeneous and a pleasure to grow and smoke.

She has been enjoying the sunny outdoors the past season:

picture.php

Detail of one cola... she's quite leafy but oh my, that short noded structure is killing me all the time! She could make 2-3 feet long colas given the right space and time! LOL

picture.php

This is a clone of the same keeper indoors, I've done some test crosses with her the past season and hopefully more will come hoping to find my perfect smoke, we love how she gets us high like kite and the loud tropical and exotic terpenes she boasts. Mind-bending lady she is:

picture.php

Last but not least, some pics from a few DTC99 (Dutch Grown F2s) females i've grown outdoors as well:

3C3HhcRh.jpg

I've always wanted to try this one and I kinda liked it, great NDL hybrid with beautiful flowers and nice structure. Didn't love all the C99 influence though... she didn't cut down the flowering time that much and you get a bit of a come down if you toke too much.

Twh3nLFh.jpg

Now i'm on the hunt for the perfect thai in order to combine her with some interesting south african genetics. I love all this kind of "intercontinental hybrids".

Enjoy the weekend.

ElRubio

Veteran
Nice Zamal A dude... I grew some Guerrit´s ZamalAx Warlock years ago and it was very nice hybrid...im sure that Zamal of yours must be fire...

abrazo

B

beanz

just finishing up a grow of zamal x Jamaican for mustafunk . happy too call him friend ...
still have 5 more also , granted not as big but still just as special ....happy to support such a knowledgeable guy .

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

also ran his haze 27 x Jamaican...
this one was very haze type pheno
picture.php

the other was big Jamaican dominate gal
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts