What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Funk Lab

B

beanz

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
You know I'm loving those missiles mate! Weapons of brain destruction! :biggrin:. Hope you guys enjoy the smoke! Throw buds, not bombs!

North-_Korea-_New-_Missile-_That-_Shocked-the-_World.jpg

image.jpg

Peace!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Hi bro, this is what the seed company says:

This female has a lot of influence from the Nevil's Wreck IMHO, and I'm glad about it... lots of nice terpenes from the Trainwreck plus a bit of stretch and nice flowers from the Nevil's Haze.

Too bad she wasn't a bit more potent otherwise it would be one of my favourite plants to grow and smoke. Definitely a pleasant surprise that makes me wonder about how nice the Nevil's Wreck could be, proving once again that Hazes and other tropicals crossed with the right elite clones still can bring interesting stuff to the table.

Thanks for your nice words, the pleasure is mine... Queen Mother and the Tijuana spanish clone have been part of my head stash for years, just like they were for many other sativa heads in Spain who were looking for tasty satties IMO. Now I'm trying to explore new seeds and genetics but anyone looking for reasonably fast and nice sativas for indoors will definitely enjoy them. Same with the Mextiza and other Oaxacan hybrids from CBG. It's been easy to forget about C99, Jack Herer and some other old Haze hybrids with all this new-school genetics for the casual narrow leaf lover.

:tiphat:

Definitely gonna have to try Queen mother, all the stuff Ive read made me want it, but I trust your word when it comes to sativa so that sealed the deal for me.... I was already interested in QM, and mextiza but.... I think Queen mother would be a solid reliable bet.....
Definitely interested to see if thcv is what im after, theres probably some in congo being that its a African strain.. If not ill maybe have to try some kind of durban. Starting to consider terpenes in the equation to figure out where i need to look to find that warm glowing electricity, with a SUPER uplifted almost cartoon vision bubbly giddy feeling with almost no ceiling or body effect other than giddy stomach.... Im babbling but... yeah Thanks again for the dedication to sativa Musta

Bardo Eagle

Beanz, you can cob it all.. this ginormous bud please ?? In massive banana leafs!seems a so amazing things to do,respect mate

B

beanz

I take my test grows pretty serious ....I like to be articulate and make sure I do best I can ....
so the last of the Zamal x Jamaican from old musta ....
I put these in ultimate sativa thread also ....pretty sure it fits right in there
picture.php

picture.php

DsourDog

These missiles will vaporize hundreds

The effects will be devastating

peace will be had

pizza will also be had

choose well my friends

And then fire it up!

Drop the Hash Bomb!!!

Bet!!! watch out for the dripping resin bombs coming out the end of the joint haha

gkn

Very nice thread! Beautifull plants, i specially loved the pink/red/purple expressions of Zamal/Jamaica.
Also those australian sativa trees, such a pleasure to see... must be very nice to be able to grow in that environment, and enjoy such sativa highs after...

saludos!

conlarazon

Veteran
I saw it full, it should be called The Purple Funk Lab ...
GG # 4 you still enjoy that? Beautiful the Purple Congo I thought the picture was black and white, thank you Mustafunk

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I saw it full, it should be called The Purple Funk Lab ...
GG # 4 you still enjoy that? Beautiful the Purple Congo I thought the picture was black and white, thank you Mustafunk

Haha yeah man lots of purples indeed... funny because in the past I never had many of them and now so many different shades of purple and black!

The GG#4 is not really my cup of tea... I just tested it because I was curious on all the hype and I often like to grow different kind of clones, so I have a good perspective of the genepool. It's a great commercial and productive one but I guess this type of high is not what I'm looking for. : D

On the other hand, this season I will be testing some different Oaxacan lines, along some others. And I'm receiving some other Mexicans from Morelos area very soon. I'm excited on doing some interesting combinations as well, just trying to find my own Grail as I explore different plants, if you know what I mean.

Here you have some not-purple ones... I'm still messing around with this Mexican '77 beauty, I've kept clones since the last repro wasn't very succesful. It took much longer to finish than I was expecting! But I'm fascinated by this untamed oldschool mexican cultivar.

picture.php

Leaves are so delicate and thin.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Because the plant is so airy, the seed production isn't that nice with this one. That along with the long flowering time makes it tricky to grow but the smell is so spicy and interesting. Reminds me to some Hazes or Caribbean genetics.

picture.php

Some tiny leaves have some trichomes as well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Best.

herbgreen

Veteran
That delicate green Mexican leaf with that purple stone!

1977 Mexican from Guerrero/Morelos area right?

Thanks for sharing these!

Make some great sensimilla for sure....

How long did they end up taking to finish up?

Last edited:

oldbootz

Veteran
That PM is the bane of my life. Russets broads spiders, they don't come close to how painful PM can be. So we found this stuff and it works really well http://www.fargro.co.uk/products/agrochemicals/aq10/aq10.asp
http://www.biogard.it/index.php/en/plantprotection/fungicides

We use it along side neem spray (in veg) and calcium carbonate spray (pH 11 for leaf surface). Even then, we need to use plants that have some natural resistance to it.

So when I have been breeding with swazi I have deliberately selected PM resistant plants to use so that I can start resistance in a seed population and select further resistance from there. We have 3 clone plants now that we can use that don't get PM at all.

For making seeds its not really an issue. But if you grow at all to sell it can be a huge problem.

We just tried some PNG and all 3 plants were covered to to bottom with PM, so now I cant even test these, have to try at another location.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Brilliant work in pollinating Zamal with the more sexually stable Jamaican.
They definitely compliment each other very well.

How do you like the Zamal x Jamaican compared to the Haze x Jamaican?
Their difference in color is absolutely striking.

Much respect to Beanz. He really is carrying the flag.

Much Love
~T