What's new

The Farmhouse

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Ahh crap... I just checked my dehumi, and its only a 45 pint. It is the same one i used in my last room wich was bigger and more lights and it worked great, so it should do the job.

Maybe its on the fritz.

Check the coils maybe they have been clogged with dust or mold and the air is not passing threw correctly.

Check the coils maybe they have been clogged with dust or mold and the air is not passing threw correctly.

good idea..i shoulda thought of that:tumbleweed: but then again i just cleaned it 3 weeks ago before i started flower.

I wonder if those things arent as proficient when mounted up high like that?

Mister_D

Veteran
Doubt your coils are that dirty after only three weeks. I didn't clean mine for over three years and it was still doing it's job when I upgraded to a santa fe classic. Nothing wrong with double checking, but it sounds like you may be in the market for a new one :moon:.

I checked and it has a constant drip from the hose. Right now its sitting at 78%.

If its dripping its working right? just cant believe its not bringing it down.

My old room was 2x as big and it rocked. Hmmm

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I checked and it has a constant drip from the hose. Right now its sitting at 78%.

If its dripping its working right? just cant believe its not bringing it down.

My old room was 2x as big and it rocked. Hmmm

greater water in the air from healthier total floral / plant mass?

I would guess you have more transpiration in the room now with CO2 and dialed in environment, so more work for the dehuy.

:joint:

Good point HYDRO... My old room was double this size and had less plants.

Looks like i need to upgrade my dehuey.

Somethings fishy?? I was just watching my controller readout and it was at 68%, i watched it climb up to 80% in no less then 30 seconds? crazy!! I just went out and looked while i was typing this and now its at 75%. WTF.

Hazed

Good point HYDRO... My old room was double this size and had less plants.

Looks like i need to upgrade my dehuey.

Somethings fishy?? I was just watching my controller readout and it was at 68%, i watched it climb up to 80% in no less then 30 seconds? crazy!! I just went out and looked while i was typing this and now its at 75%. WTF.

Are you stepping into a 78f room from a 100f room? Warmer the air the more moisture it is capable of holding.
Kinda like when you walk into a walkin freezer from outside, you will have a cloud follow you in.
If the humidity is 68% and raises 12%, just some warm air and your own perspiration could be doing that.

D

DHF

Pretty sure Hydrosun nailed it Bro....when environment`s dialed and the plants are trainspiring and suckin juice during lights on , and yas already said the plants are way closer to the bulbs than needed so it seems like they`re hoonin by leaps and bounds and puttin out major humidity from bein so dialed.....

Hazed has a good point too , but it`s possible your controller AND dehuey aren`t in sync and somethin`s fuckin up.....

I always dehueyed my lung room to keep RH under control in the flip rooms , but in late flower as well as in deep summer everything works overtime for the greater good...... guaranteed....

My dehuey`s were 65 pint Amcor`s inside the grow areas and served me well for many yrs......Once yas save some cash , getchas a santa fe and be done with it....then.....

Total control....bet on it.......and Mr D...I had a 6 gal jug of GH flora grow I found in my barn that had gone through winter and summer for 4 yrs plus and I ran that shit and never looked back without a hitch..but...

As yas said....anything`s possible and the process of elimination is the only way ta find the culprit.....

FHC......4 ml per gal of dripclean is H&G`s recommended doseage , but it`s been well proven that 1 ml per gal is needed in coco to keep residual salt buildup in the medium from occuring......but hey....

.4 ml might be the ticket with aero as long as yas aren`t experiencing any tip burn and plants are healthy.....Just concerned about this cloudy rez issue.....

Peace.....Freds......:ying:.....

Are you stepping into a 78f room from a 100f room? Warmer the air the more moisture it is capable of holding.
Kinda like when you walk into a walkin freezer from outside, you will have a cloud follow you in.
If the humidity is 68% and raises 12%, just some warm air and your own perspiration could be doing that.

Yea i dont think thats it. My readout is in the garage outside the room where its super hot, the flower room itself is sealed like a drum.

Maybe my sensor is going bad?

Pretty sure Hydrosun nailed it Bro....when environment`s dialed and the plants are trainspiring and suckin juice during lights on , and yas already said the plants are way closer to the bulbs than needed so it seems like they`re hoonin by leaps and bounds and puttin out major humidity from bein so dialed.....

Hazed has a good point too , but it`s possible your controller AND dehuey aren`t in sync and somethin`s fuckin up.....

I always dehueyed my lung room to keep RH under control in the flip rooms , but in late flower as well as in deep summer everything works overtime for the greater good...... guaranteed....

My dehuey`s were 65 pint Amcor`s inside the grow areas and served me well for many yrs......Once yas save some cash , getchas a santa fe and be done with it....then.....

Total control....bet on it.......and Mr D...I had a 6 gal jug of GH flora grow I found in my barn that had gone through winter and summer for 4 yrs plus and I ran that shit and never looked back without a hitch..but...

As yas said....anything`s possible and the process of elimination is the only way ta find the culprit.....

FHC......4 ml per gal of dripclean is H&G`s recommended doseage , but it`s been well proven that 1 ml per gal is needed in coco to keep residual salt buildup in the medium from occuring......but hey....

.4 ml might be the ticket with aero as long as yas aren`t experiencing any tip burn and plants are healthy.....Just concerned about this cloudy rez issue.....

I think you guys are right..the plants are just sweatin up a storm from transfirmation. Its not helping things when its 100 degrees right on the other side of the door...lol

Hey fred how long is safe to run higher RH ? I know some guys keep it super high until the last couple weeks.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
If I remember Freds advice previously, keep higher RH until end of stretch. So 40% of your flower time, after that drop it to 50%. Correct me if I am wrong DHF...
Maybe thinning out some of the fans 10 days before flip? Once stretch is over, removing more fans will also reduce transpiration. Once again, correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers FHC!

Mister_D

Veteran
FHC - I don't doubt your plants are transpiring more with a better dialed enviroment, but I still think your dehumidifer is on the fritz. All the ones I have ever owned drain like a old man pisses in 60+% humidity. Only time i've ever seen one just drip is when humidity got down to 50% or less and the unit didn't have an autoshut off. Whatever the case you are due for a new one.

In my cabs the RH would rise to 80+ in under a minute when the dehuey gets full and shuts off.

With 2 45-pint dehueys and a window banger the lowest I can keep the RH with lights on is about 50% and mine are on the floor under the plants. My ambient RH averages about 30%.

Could be a combo of an older Dehuey and higher transpiration with co2.

D

DHF

Arm is spot on Bro......but Krusty usedta run 70% till chop........but he also....

Ran sulphur burners from Hell that I ALWAYS disagreed with , so once I started droppin RH below 50% as much as possible that almost never happed from the plants sweatin so much from bein big plants , I did`nt haveta worry bout airborn nasties along with what Heath taught me bout major air exchange twice per minute ftw.....and....

Arm also gives killer info on cuttin RH down once stretch is completely over.......

The less that`s on the vine that can sweat from the stomatas the better RH will come under control and what`s left in the plants durin lights off is concentrated on nug swellage instead of keepin nuthin ass un needed fanleaves alive and suck vital plant energy that`s best used for the greater good come harvey.....

Dialage....always an uphill battle when not monocroppin and rollin with dialed strains that yas KNOW where they`ll stop stretchin after flip and grow as close to the next 1`s beside em without havin ta hack out budsites and limbs so they keep from chokin each other out from lack of light and environment......

Regardless.....FHC.....Heed Mr D`s advise....Dehuey upgrade and possible controller replacement in order....Handle it....

Peace....Freds......:ying:......

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I appreciate the recognition DHF, a lot of my knowledge came from reading so many of your posts hammering the same simple shit til people get it...
I am going to take it to the next level in a couple of months. I will have 3 sites that I can mono-crop each one, so that I can get complete dialage! Right now I am mono-cropping my donuts, but I have 3 in one room, with different stretch times etc... Once each 8x10 has 4 mono-cropped donuts of the same strain, the sky will be the limit!
Thanks again for all your knowledge DHF!

Thanks for the help everybody. I think i figured out the problem. I knew something was wrong when the AC condensor outside was running full steam and the environmental controller said the room was 72. (the min split is set to 83). so i was like WTF why would the ac be runnin hard like that when the room is way cooler then what i set it to????

Long story short, I pulled the sentinel controller out of my veg room and put the sensor in the flower room. temps were 83, humidity was 54%...LOL just like it should be!

Dam sentinel controller!!!!! oh well looks like i get to send it bac k for repair.

Hazed

Damned I missed that! I have read so much in this forum but still see little facts popping up here and there (mostly in your posts). Keep talking bro!
Tonight the girls get 1ml per gallon Drip Clean.

Glad you got things figured out FHC!

Yea i just mixed up a new batch for the veg room this morning...using only GH and sm-90.

Just checked and I have a cloudy frothy res???? It looks like somebody hocked a bunch of loogies in there. whats going on with that?