What's new

The Farmhouse

Mister_D

Veteran
id applied 29% h2o2 at super high dosage rates as a last attempt to save this AeroFlo when plants were getting sick, it didn't do anything!!

i threw out the cuttings and poured in 4L of Bleach into a 40 gal res let it run for 24hrs and the stuff came back next time i tried to use the AeroFlo.... hate to be negative but the shit is like Hydro Herpes... once infected a system will always have it in it cause apparently the stuff is resistant to bleach now....

Well FUCK! Hope that's not what it is.

Do you run bleach through the system after each run? Bleach kills almost everything. Put on the rebreather and spray the shit out of everything to the point of killing everything in the room (except you and your rebreather). If it is strong enough to kill a human it should be more than strong enough to get rid of the slime.

Do you resuse your hydroton / rooting balls? I think reusing these products leads to huge problems. Bleached plastic and all new rockwool / root balls is a good place to start.

:joint:

Oh yea..I scrub the hell out of everything,, i fill up my 55 gallon drums and make a strong bleach solution and soak everything, buckets, pumps and bio balls. Then i scrub the raingutters wearing rubber gloves and bleach. After all that i put the system back together and run water and bleach for a 24hrs, Then i run h2o2.
Then i bomb the room.

I dont think its a bacteria in the system, Remember i ran this system fine with my organic nutes and great white etc..and never seen this stuff before. I think its a combo of a something were mixing.

Its like a brown waxy crud on the pump...never seen it before.

Im putting my money on sm-90 and drip clean . combo of both or we all got a bad batch of sm-90.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Brown waxy crud is a function of carboload / sugars mixed with my GH 3 part. Bad smell and slimy / slippery is more trouble in my mind then brown waxy crud.

I really love the dripclean for helping with this issue.

Mister_D

Veteran
Mine is very light brown, almost white, with the consistancy of a loogie. Washes right off the filter screen. I've never seen anything like it.

catalyte

Veteran
^sounds like Cyanobacteria.

this is bad news but at least you know now, perhaps averting more problems in the future.

this drove me nuts for about 1month. tried everything.

the only way to avoid it is to have tons of beneficials or grow in soiless mixes or rock wool...

Brown waxy crud is a function of carboload / sugars mixed with my GH 3 part. Bad smell and slimy / slippery is more trouble in my mind then brown waxy crud.

I really love the dripclean for helping with this issue.

Mine is very light brown, almost white, with the consistancy of a loogie. Washes right off the filter screen. I've never seen anything like it.

I had that too, frothy loogies but on the pump itself there was this waxy buildup..looks like old surfwax coating the pump and its hard to wash off...kinda like trying to wash off surfwax with water. Weird!!!

^sounds like Cyanobacteria.

this is bad news but at least you know now, perhaps averting more problems in the future.

this drove me nuts for about 1month. tried everything.

the only way to avoid it is to have tons of beneficials or grow in soiless mixes or rock wool...

This makes me think that when i was using organic and beneficials (in this system) maybe it held this funk at bay?

catalyte

Veteran
hope i'm wrong. But i'm fresh from that battle and bitter as all hell, so where i'm at it seems to be abundant, so i switched systems... back to media based grows !!

Mister_D

Veteran
Mrclean - i'm growing in coco using blumats. It's definitely not effecting the plants, they're extremely happy.

FHC - Again I havn't used anything but micro, bloom, and acid in my res ever. Unless I have different kind of slime going on than you guys it's not the additives. Does seem unlikely all three of us come down with the same bacteria at the same time, but ya never know.

Hazed

Got busy and missed this conversation.
Yea i hope we can figure this out. I would hate to have to replumb my whole system beacuse some gunk in the pipes. The sprayers are working fine. It takes alot to clog these sprayers. (I dont have a filter between the pump and the sprayers) The only filters in my system is the chiller pump in the res circulating 24/7 @ 1267 gph. Its powerful like a garden hose on high 3-4 inches above the water line constantly mixing and aerating the res.

So far so good with GH and sm-90 + ph down for (2 days). I pulled the chiller pump out and inspected, no gunk yet. I just now added drip clean at .4.

Also.. after mixing up the veg res yesterday (after finding the loogies) the res looks good today (no funk)

I figured you are probably pushin some decent pressure!
That jar test I tried is still sitting in the dark,

The jar with drip clean added first now has some brown precip mixed with the loogies.

Second jar with drip clean added last still mixes back up somewhat and wouldnt clog even a nozzle (100 micron orifice) like the ones I posted up. And I bet you would hear it happening well in advance.

Dairy farmers use an anti bacterial flush through the lines, also can find the stuff at home brew whores (expensive as fk at the HB though). It would kill plants and cant leave that sht sit in stainless but in pvc I would flush the lines, then let the residual sit without rinsing for 20-30 mins then flush for an hr or more, and that sht is supposed to wipe out all bacteria.
Probably different issues here though.
Like DHF says about the Hydro whores, anything to make a couple more pennies per gallon!

Hope ya all get this sht figured out!
No pics? gee anyone heard from FHC? Maybe have to grab a machete and rescue him from that grow of his!..Hazed

Im still around Hazed, been enjoying the summer festivities and soakin up the sun. Thanks for the info!

This run is doing ok but for some reason the plants look really weathered. Im getting alot of yellowing and im only at day 40 +/-. Im still having issues with my sensors, right now i have both of my sentinel controllers sensors in the flower room and both are giving totally different readings. Its driving me nuts. one says 75deg the other 79deg. One says 305ppm the other says 600ppm. One says 64% humidity the other says 54. Crazy!

I did have a couple glogged sprayers this run..not from that funk but from leaves that fell into the sump res. A couple of the plants roots went totally dry. It took them starting to wither before i caught it...but they came back and are doing fine.

All an all....everything is looking good, but so far i have to say my botanicare recipe produced way healthier plants. But then again this is my first time using GH. and not to mention co2 could be a culprit in why the plants look a little beat.

I will try to get some pics up soon.

Hope everyone is doing good!

FHC

Hazed

Im still around Hazed, been enjoying the summer festivities and soakin up the sun. Thanks for the info!

This run is doing ok but for some reason the plants look really weathered. Im getting alot of yellowing and im only at day 40 +/-. Im still having issues with my sensors, right now i have both of my sentinel controllers sensors in the flower room and both are giving totally different readings. Its driving me nuts. one says 75deg the other 79deg. One says 305ppm the other says 600ppm. One says 64% humidity the other says 54. Crazy!

I did have a couple glogged sprayers this run..not from that funk but from leaves that fell into the sump res. A couple of the plants roots went totally dry. It took them starting to wither before i caught it...but they came back and are doing fine.

All an all....everything is looking good, but so far i have to say my botanicare recipe produced way healthier plants. But then again this is my first time using GH. and not to mention co2 could be a culprit in why the plants look a little beat.

I will try to get some pics up soon.

Hope everyone is doing good!

FHC
I remember reading somewhere about building up the nitrates in advance for the last quarter of bloom, not sure if it was good info or not. Like to know what DHF has to say about this.

Sounds like we are both having the sealed room blues. Mine is setup to move as much as 1000cfm, but have to have the exhaust fans off due to cooler weather and no lung room to mediate.
2 hydrometers 2 thermometers and a dual thermometer everything reading different,lol.
My coco grow is like slow motion compared to your grow though.

Its hard to get AC, and a couple heat scources in the same room to blend to the point where ya gonna get accurate readings, but them different readings your getting will most likely make perfect sense to ya by the end of the grow if they dont already!

Your a hell of a good grower, just gotta get past all the new added variables in this grow and things will feel more natural!

Guess I will be joining the aero clan soon,lol. Hope you guys get the slime issue figured out before I get there. ;)

Glad to hear the plugged nozzles didnt claim any lives! Take care of yourself, and enjoy these last warm days...Hazed

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran

FHC

Have you tired switching the location of the sensors or having them next to eachother? Perhaps you could take a pic of them side by side with different reading and send it to the manufacturer.

Good Luck

Have you tired switching the location of the sensors or having them next to eachother? Perhaps you could take a pic of them side by side with different reading and send it to the manufacturer.

Good Luck

The sensors are right next to each other...that is a great idea sending a pic as these controllers are not cheap..think i paid 450 a piece.

Thanks.

Grizz

Veteran
cat did you try calibrating the co2 sensors ? mine was way off last time i used it, pretty simple to calibrate them for co2, not sure about the temp deal,

cat did you try calibrating the co2 sensors ? mine was way off last time i used it, pretty simple to calibrate them for co2, not sure about the temp deal,

Yea i did calibrate the co2 before starting this run, at least the one i had in the flower room. The temp and humidity are uncalibrateable (is that a word) lol

Grizz

Veteran
think i would get a valid way to check them both and take the bad one or both of them back, them suckers are expensive for sure.