What's new

The Farmhouse

Ya got any food? No just this rock candy...buts its not for eatin..it's just for lookin through.

Hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Scary thought Fred... dont wanna burn shit up, unless of course its on the BBQ.

Maybe since i already picked up the KB, i will try it at 1/4 strength and see what happends.

I use Liquid Koolbloom at the strength recommended by GH with no burn at all.. I add it to my Lucas formula and cut it out about 2 weeks before flush..

mgk :tiphat:

D

DHF

just watch your ppm and try to keep it under 900. you will be golden
Never tried the dry koolbloom cuz I tossed that shit.......

Total ppm`s as JW`s screamin`s what rules the day....I never got over 750 ppm`s and always had dialed results.....

I never really understood the synergy behind it till I saw Bobbles talk about bodybuilders eatin more calculated meals during the day in relation to plants hoonin , but.....

Lower ppm`s across the board keeps the bitches hungry and eatin........continuously....Feed em too much and they stop eatin/metabolizin , and store nutes that fucks with ph and ain`t a good thingy.......anyways....

1/4 strength might work Bro , but drop the bloom formula to keep ppm`s 750`ish ok ?.....900`s borderline for optimum uptake and transpiration.......

When I tried the liquid koolbloom back in the day , I still kept ppm`s adjusted , but it was concentrated and kept raisin the ppm`s after I added it...

That`s when I started mixin my rez`s for a week in advance to make sure shit stayed stable before feeding the plants........

Good luck....Freds.....:ying:.....

900 4 days ago.....now its at 400 with 3 more days to go before the next res change (start of week 4) I may just add some to the res now. Co2 makes them eat like a fat bitch at a picnic. whatayathink?

Hazed

900 4 days ago.....now its at 400 with 3 more days to go before the next res change (start of week 4) I may just add some to the res now. Co2 makes them eat like a fat bitch at a picnic. whatayathink?

How they lookin for size bro? Are you gonna have to remove a wall and slide out the bale of weed , or gotter under control?

Cant wait to see a few pics, Best to ya...Hazed

D

DHF

Even though it`s good to see circadian rythym of plants eatin with ppm`s droppin and ph risin gradually......

It`s not good to drop ppm`s that low to keep the stretch hoonin for more budsites in the long run till end of cycle.....

Once I had roots established and plants pruned , trimmed , and shaped , flipped 12/12 ........

I kept ppm`s as constant as possible through end of stretch , and especially in full swellage......

Add backs and R/O topoff`s need to be synchronized for constant ppm levels....but....

I was never smart enough , or on site near enough to utilize peridosers , but they`re the shit when done right and will make yas happy.......

Things to ponder....and...

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

I just added back micro and bloom @ half strength..150ml of micro and 250 of bloom and 1/4 strength KB.. it brough it up to about 750ppm's... lights are about to come on and will take some pics.

Its hard to get good pics. 17 days in. Ive been bending the Adub down and they just keep shootin up. The LVPK are getting thick. The GC is desperately needing a defol. A few more days and the prunin starts.

Im hookin up my exhaust fan tonight..gotta cut a hole in the ceiling..I hope im not too drunk, been drink coronas again and tequilla shots.

And mannin the grill.... too many chores at once.

:ying:

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 12
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 10

Grizz

Veteran
man thats going to be bud city, can i get a amen ?

drinkin blue moons and grilled hamburgers with fresh hatch green chile in them on apple wood coals

and i aint pissin down your back and tellin you its raining,

Hazed

That is just freakin ridiculous man, LMAO.
Sat here and just moused through those pics for about 30 minutes, heh my eyes are glossing over!
Shows me that I gotta lot to learn.
Thanks for sharing them pics FHC. Be careful and don't fall on your ass bro, I doubt you have anyone around who could take over and do that crop justice!

Did anybody figure out the problem with the sludge in the reservoirs?

I just did a res change and found quite a bit of that stuff in and all over my circulation chiller pump inside the res. Its waxy brown stuff. and hard to clean.

I cleaned it up and then made a fresh res with just the base GH nutes until we can figure out whats going on?

My recipe before i found it was: GH micro, bloom, botanicare calmag, silica blast, sm-90 and drip clean.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran

I just did a res change and found quite a bit of that stuff in and all over my circulation chiller pump inside the res. Its waxy brown stuff. and hard to clean.

I cleaned it up and then made a fresh res with just the base GH nutes until we can figure out whats going on?

My recipe before i found it was: GH micro, bloom, botanicare calmag, silica blast, sm-90 and drip clean.

My suspicion would be the calmag or the silica blast. I'm not familiar with sm-90, so I can't speak to that. Do you do you silica addition before your base nutes? I found I have less (but not 'none') when I do the supplement additions before the base nutes. Especially anything that's a mineral type supplement. I just gave up worrying about it a long time ago as it seems to have no ill effects on my plants or my system.

Hazed

To be honest, I never used silica before last night. I picked up some Grotek Silica, mixed everything in a 5 gallon bucket, and had some left over.
Today that sht was cloudy and slimy. The Silica and Drip Clean are the only 2 ingredients my mixture has in common with yours.

Might try everything but the silica for one tank and see. I am betting thats it! Or a combo with the sm-90 and silica.
Im going to try a few jar tests tonight and see if there is a correct order to mix that stuff, where it stays suspended a little better.

You have a pressure bypass stirring your rez too dont ya? And where the gutters run back in to the rez you probably have at least a screen Im betting

Mister_D

Veteran
Farmhouse - I'm still working on the slime issue. Still nothing in my res but micro, bloom, and sulfuric acid as ph down.. Did a shock dose of food grade peroxide two days ago which seemed to unplug my filters (didn't take them off to inspect, but flow evened out). Checked again today and it was back :moon:. Really has me puzzled because I used GH for years with no issues like this, and that seems to be the only common theme in all our grows...

D

DHF

My suspicion would be the calmag or the silica blast. I'm not familiar with sm-90, so I can't speak to that. Do you do you silica addition before your base nutes? I found I have less (but not 'none') when I do the supplement additions before the base nutes. Especially anything that's a mineral type supplement. I just gave up worrying about it a long time ago as it seems to have no ill effects on my plants or my system.

Botanicare Cal/Mag has been known to get old and precipitate and fall outta suspension......

Never had cloudiness with my SM-90 either.....Somethin smells fishy with juice and supplements these days.......

Are companies not sellin shit fast enough and it sits on the shelves at the hydro whore stores till it`s out of date....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Yea this has me puzzled..but this is also the first time running Gh and sm-90. Im a little nervous about the whole thing. I ran RO water and a mild dose of 35%h202 for several hours today during lights out. And then added the base nutes.

Since the begining of flower 3 weeks ago..ive been adding micro first then bloom, after that its whatever bottle is close. I did add liquid kool bloom a few days ago when i added back the base nutes to bring the ppms up. Somethings going on???

I would hate to lose silica blast...i can get by without calmag at this point, and i really thought the sm-90 was doing great things.

The plants still look great?

D

DHF

Silicablast is more important with big plants Bro.....Potassium Silicate increases stemwall strength by leaps and bounds.......

With big plants......so.....I`m not sure yas need it , but I never rolled without it even with my smaller plants cuz ppm`s were always planned and adjusted every week with rez changes/addbacks/ swapouts....

All about findin yer sweet spots , and totally understand about usin new juice.......Be strong and quit freakin out.......Your shit looks too good ta worry too much my buddy......

My 2 cents.....Freds.....:ying:......

Hazed

preliminary results are in.

preliminary results are in.

The jar on the left had drip clean added after nutes and then the silica was added very last.
Jar on the right had drip clean added very last.
Ph up didnt seem to matter either way. Just a matter of diluting nutes and silica before adding the drip clean from the looks of it.

You should try mixing some jars yourself, because your ingredients might behave different than mine.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts