What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Elbow Room; Round Infinity (Rare Dankness; Sin City; CBD strains; CMH lights)

Mikenite69

Veteran
I got a better idea that won't cost 200.00 bucks. You can buy a humidifier and put your solution in it and have it mist your whole room and it won't cost 200.00 bucks.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I like the chapin sprayers... can spray up to 35% solids in the solution and they're easy to tear down and clean...

41qQ70DHX6L._SY300_.jpg

lobsterbush

Hey Avi! Haven't been on too much in the past few months, looks like you have your hands full.

That Glue looks like a beast. Hope those mites don't get ya too bad, but you seem to have shit under control. Much more prepared than I would be.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Avi! Haven't been on too much in the past few months, looks like you have your hands full.

That Glue looks like a beast. Hope those mites don't get ya too bad, but you seem to have shit under control. Much more prepared than I would be.

sup lobsterbush, old pal... hope all is well with you. Def I'm battling the borg... jerks.
It will be a different story next round, cleanup after harvest will be merciless.

Today I'm building out the male breeding chamber; decided to go full on trailer park boys on this one and use a 30 gallon plastic/rubber trash can, the cheapest money can buy (both handles already broke off this winner). I drilled 5 holes in the bottom and put a layer of hydroton clay balls in the very bottom of the trash can followed by some homemade on the cheap soil.
Lighting will be provided by a 4 x 22" bulb t5 fixture, placed vertically along one wall of the trashcan. Walls will be lined in black/white plastic.
Going back to work on it and I'll grab some pictures.

Last edited:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I'd think a cfl would work a bit better... males dont need near as much light and the t5 enclosed will likely build up heat... just a thought... do you have ventilation situated?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya... ventilation is a 4 inch exhaust fan... not weak by any means, prolly gona run it on a controller at lower speed, thru a carbon filter. i think the fan will be able to handel the heat of the 4 short t5's. also im just using what i have, don't have a suitable cfl bulb for this just laying around like i do the small t5 setup. also i have a 2 bulb fixture same size that i can switch out IF heat becomes an issue. and I think you misunderstood cause I'm growing females in with the male also... plan on collecting the fallen pollen but also letting several lil ladies catch that skeet right inside the breeding chamber.

also the breeding chamber includes "feeding tube" so i can water the plants without opening it at all.

didn't snap any pics... cut in the cord for lite into the "roof" (plywood) and a hole for the feeding tube.

going in the chamber one MALE of Rare Dankness Blue OX, very branchy male with nice stank to him; surrounded by small females of Gorilla Glue, Buddah's Sister, Pura Vida, Canna-Tsu, and "swerve's cookies".

I feel shitty even calling this plant "cookies" at all... i mean, it stinks like blueberry & kush right now in flowering and has nice fat spongey nuggets... sure looks like a "keeper" but it in no way resembles any "cookies". no purple, not rock density, not really a frost monster like the glue or like other cookies i've seen online/ growing in person / in the jar. Once again, it's a kickass plant, so far my experience is all good with her, she roots vigorously and quickly (a trait i'm always looking for in keepers, easy to propagate).

Mikenite69

Veteran
Then u should love the lime cookies! Just rooted a lime cookies x bubba in 6 days in the cloner. I am cutting back my seedlings because I got such a high number of females. So I took a cut and tossed the mother plant and it has healthy roots in 6 days flat.

My lime cookies x bubba I have found what seems to be a og leaning pheno. This plant which is a female is throwing 3 finger leaves in veg so I am thinking since there are so many parents involved this plant is a throwback to the triangle. I am keeping a eye on her because I feel she is gonna be the keeper.

I should make myself a breeding chamber I am always fooling around with reversed plants and males(no homo) it's a wonder I haven't ever pollinated my room. Lol

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the feeding tube idea. I might have to jack that one....
:yeahthats
feel free, i jacked the idea from seaf0ur's setup, a lil male isolation chamber just for collecting pollen; not even 2 feet away from flowering plants.
my breeding chamber will be isolated in a spare bedroom that is far from the main grow and gets very little to no traffic, also it's on the warm (south of course) side of the house so temps won't dip too low when lites are out.

Snapped some pics of the glue which is really showing greasing up big time.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

early week 5 now

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
feel free, i jacked the idea from seaf0ur's setup, a lil male isolation chamber just for collecting pollen; not even 2 feet away from flowering plants.
my breeding chamber will be isolated in a spare bedroom that is far from the main grow and gets very little to no traffic, also it's on the warm (south of course) side of the house so temps won't dip too low when lites are out.

Snapped some pics of the glue which is really showing greasing up big time.
View Image

View Image

View Image

early week 5 now
Oh how I miss that orange glow, stacking the glue proper right there Avi. I'm a couple weeks out from building some isolation chambers. Sounds like some killer crosses ya got on the horizon.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is that week 5 from flip?

yes, 5 weeks from the day the light cycle changed to 12 on/ 12 off

thanks kalyx & AS!

Finished building the breeding can, transplanted all the ladies and the one big boy into their new home, cranked up the light.... all good. Will be keeping an eye on it pretty hard in the first week or so to get an idea of how heat builds up in there and how much/ how high the fan must run to keep grow environment on point.
probably gonna veg a week or so, train the big male a lil bit & hope the lil ladies put on some nodes, then filp into flowering.

picture.php

This shows it mostly assembled, trash can on the bottom, plywood roof, carbon filter on top (big blue box). a 4 inch duct fan not in the pic will sit right on top of the carbon filter.

picture.php

after transplant, everyone in their places, plastic over the dirt, i thought this would both catch pollent and protect the light from soil & water.

picture.php

the feeding tube with funnel.
the hose goes behind the reflectix inside the trashcan and all the way down to soil level; wanted to ensure that no feed water would splash or drip and make any pollen inviable, and again to protect the light.

so ya... that's the trailer park boys breeding chamber
:dance013:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
On the subject of mites, as we all seem to have them these days, I suggest looking into Pure 3 Way, and Grandevo... both have recently come to my attention, and as Pure 3 way is mostly lemon-grass oil, I can foresee continuing its use in veg from now on... it is a insecticide, fungicide, and foliar feed all in one. Grandevo is derived from a newly discovered bacterium, commonly known as Achromacil. It is a potent biopesticide that is highly active against insects and mites. It's control of pests is achieved by unique combinations of repellency, oral toxicity, reduced egg hatch, and reduced fecundity (ability of pest to reproduce). Beneficial insects are not harmed by its use.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've used those products before, iirc it was the Ka-Pow that killed mites best from that line.

the breeding chamber is holding at 75 degrees with the fan on very low....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Overlord by SG1 (minions of the dark)
picture.php

Kindness by Bodhi
Afwreck x Snowlotus
picture.php

^ I've been meaning to say a word about this strain, got it as freebie at htcc in dnvr & have been wanting to grow it out. Beautiful structure, creamy sweet fruit smelling with the bitter earthy afghan-y scents really coming on now in week 5.

picture.php

^^ OX by rare dankness, super dense buds and a Kush & green earthy smell... so bubba-y

picture.php

^^ Blue OX by Rare Dankness, less dense of buds, more fruity and less earthy/ bubba smelling. structure of node spacing is very similar between ox and blue ox, but bud structure & smells & density are different.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1light 1glue 1pound right? Looking good avi

I'd like to say so...
probably slightly under a full lb on the gg4 if i had to guess.

these BIG plants in the room (Pura Vida, GG4, Canna-tsu, and "cookies") have been thru a lot, and truth be known; this gg4 plant is the ORIGINAL clone that i was given.... it's been thru alot, 4 locations 350 miles between them, all over the state. also they were all cloned from heavily up to the day of flowering; so i feel they lack some of that apical dominance.
no excuses, but i believe i know why things are what they are....

Latest posts

Latest posts