What's new

the dreaded coco rust spots

Z

Zoolander

Keep PH at 5.8 to 6.0 and every third watering just ph water to flush them out and some cal mag if they get some rust spots and it should all be fine

hazy

Veteran
What Weezard said^^^

Also, why do we continue to use this description of 'rust spots?'

Rust is a fungi, like mildew.
Calcium deficiencies show as brownish spots that could be described a rust spots. A pic would help a lot huh?
It is probably a calcium def, so we should stop with the 'rust' thing.

G

Guest 18340

whats this?:1help:

They are only 5-6 dollars and lasts for months. And, dead on reliable every time. (Ph pens are notoriously unreliable.)
I usually grab a few when I'm at my 'dro shop.

Attachments

• gh_ph_test_kit.jpg
    gh_ph_test_kit.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 15

Leviathan

They are only 5-6 dollars and lasts for months. And, dead on reliable every time. (Ph pens are notoriously unreliable.)
I usually grab a few when I'm at my 'dro shop.

thanks for this idea, an entire gh kit online is only like 20 bucks with drops n ph up n down. :joint:

Leviathan

well i guess i finally got it through my thick head that i need to treat the coco like hydro and just wanted to say thanks to u guys for the help, my next run is going to be epic, ill have an accurate ph and ill get an ec meter also. ive learned alot this year growing and i think my next grow is going to be something.. thx alot mates. :joint:

Wait...What?

Veteran
instead of the EC/TDS meter, have you encountered the magic excel spreadsheet for calculating nutrient solution profiles?

Latest posts

Latest posts