What's new

The Dr.Bud Method by Thundurkel

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
yea I water just like he does and use the same nutes, right now I'm testing out the Shultz Bloom Plus to see if it makes my buds swell any but it will be the good ol Shultz 10-15-10 4dropper fulls per gal and 4 drops of Superthrive per gal. I don't have the fish emulsion but I should be getting some soon

Hi Thundurkel...... I have been reading your thoughts for a while now and would like to comment on your ability to be open minded and respectful to all. I am interested to see how this goes for you and excited that more and more people each day are becoming educated on methods they may have never payed much attention to before.

I very much respect my husband as well and I have been watching him form a relationship with each and every plant he has had for the 17 years we have been together and much longer before I'm sure. Our grow rooms have been many shapes and sizes. This one by far in my opinion feels the best and the safest. It was actually my restriction to not get another HID or go to a grow store ever again. We have never gotten caught and wanted to keep it that way.

So that desicion of mine is what continued the CFL grow for Dr. Bud at our new house when we left the cabin. I saw how well it produced and did not see any reason to return to our previous ways. Anyway.... a little of our history. I wish you the best of luck. :joint:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Wow.. Thats awesome Mrs.Bud! I'm glad somebody reads my 2cents and boy has your husband created a monster :headbange I just showed a friend of mine his set up and he couldn't believe it! I told him the good ol 2-4 gpw and his jaw dropped sayin"dude I barely get 1gpw under 2 1000w HPS in a top feed hydro system" lol he is now rethinking his whole way of growing after I showed him what my ladies are looking like and my last harvest under CFL's and was shocked. Well you have got a man to switch his ways and in the mean time inspire a whole new school of bud growers :rasta: I'm happy to be a part of it and hope to grow out some Dr.Bud strains some day and hope you enjoy the show!

p.s. I got a bunch of new strains coming to me from friends including The Purps, Skunk#1, Maui Wowi, and L.A. Dreams... mmmmmmm great smoke is coming to me this year and I'm free of "The Black Market" :headbange

thundurkel..im not sure if you mentioned this already but do you have a seprate vegging cab or is this cab split into two??can't tell from your pics..thanks bro

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I have a mom and clone box I made out of a file cabinet and I just have a 24inch 20watt flluoro daylight tube and then a 26w 2700k CFL and a 26w 6500k CFL I will post pics of it 2mro right now it's the dark time on my 18/6

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
So do you have a gajillon tons of weed yet or, is this just a waste of time?

Seriously though, I just wanted to second the "open mind" theory. Before IC my buds were measured against my thumb. Now I measure with my forearm. Learning is good.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hhahaha forearm thats what I'm talking about, Trust me bro I'll let the fucking world know when I find out! I'm against HID the attract attention and waste energy... But they make damn good smoke but thats about to change

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Alright not much to update just got a inch of new growth so I thought I'd add it to the time line...

I don't think I've shown my ghetto mom and clone chamber which will get a new look when I make some money.I will be building a new flower cab too but thats not for a another 2 months or so. Well here ya go!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thundurkel's Lab

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Oh shit we have another update for today, one of my Purple Urkel clones had rooted so she has been transplanted into her 20oz bottle and will hit the flower chamber 2mro... here she is

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

I can't wait to watch this grow as it will be my first purple strain

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Fuck yea they do!!! Shot out to Maj Pothead for the bubble cloner, this thing is great the clones receive no stress and stay green while rooting and so far I'm having better success with this than the perlite method although I do have 3 clones I did in perlite but they have yellowed leaves and I have a feeling this bubble cloner is going to help add speed to growth in the begining....

MattHatter

Hellz yea Thundur! Tagged like shit, Been a big fan of the Dr for awhile now even back to the RUI days. He has inspired alot of people to grow who never thought they could! Your grow is lookin awesome cant wait to see what happens next. Have you grown in your bloom box before? It doesnt seem to be light proof in the above picture have you ran into problems or hermies before?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nope not yet and at night it's dark in the box and nothing gets in cuz I tuck the top of the cover in blocking the little bit of light coming out of my mom cab. But since the door is this reflective bubble wrap shit it just bounces all the light off it on both sides so at night the one light on in my room hasn't hurt anything yet you can check out my first grow here http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=94429 :rasta: I got about 3/4 of a oz not too bad for my first grow and flowering my clones right when I got at 2 inches!!! This grow is going to get interesting I got a lot of new strains coming my way soon!

tngreen

Veteran
very nice, that Purple Erkel should be fun. I have a PErkle x Headband fem cross that i will be testing soon and will def be lookin for an Erkle pheno. i second greenmember, clones look very healthy. good job.

birdoc

Good luck Thundurkel

Good luck Thundurkel

Pulling up a chair to watch the show. I too appreciate your open attitude and willingness to try something different as opposed to just discounting it. I'm stocking up on CFLs, building a cab and watching closely. Can't wait to see the sticky, smelly fruits of your labor!! Best of luck.
Birdoc

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
tngreen- yea my buddy said it's either Grand Daddy Purps or Urkel he couldn't remember and hadn't grown them out yet. My guess is they are in fact Purple Urkel cuz they are taking a while to root in the bubble cloner and my bagseed clones rooted pretty quick but wont know for sure till they go in the flower chamber..

MattHatter- thanks man I can't wait either this is going to be a really good fall and winter!

Blackfoot-Rock on buddy! Glad you like it and happy to see more Dr.B growers cuz it really is something amazing to not need a huge hydro setup with HID lighting and what not, to each his own but I'm poor and have always been the type to go against the rules, same with making beats I was told I need all this shit that was thousands of dollars and then I found out I could get down with a computer and software and get the same quality as some dude in a really expensive studio... CFL Growers Unite!

Birdoc- Thanks a lot bro and I'm dying for another ThunderGoo crop but they are reveging so I still have a month before I'll have clones of them...