What's new

Alaskan Thunderfuck CFL micro grow

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Whats up everybody, a friend of mine gave me some clones to put on the porch but it was too risky with neighbors so I decided to try a CFL grow after seeing Pot For Pennies by Dr. BudGreenGenes on Youtube and so far his tips have got me a nice little harvest coming in the next 2 weeks!!!

I know it's late to start a grow journal but I have the pics so what the hell...

These are the girls a day after 12/12

I will post te rest in a little bit, I just want to show what can be done when CFL's are used to grow...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Zappa - I have 387watts- 4 42w 2700K, 2 26w 6500k, 2 26w 2700K, and
5 23w 2700K equaling 25,800 Lumens in 3.5 Sq Ft with a total of 8,000 Lumens per Sq Ft !!!!

This is my first grow and I started with less lights but decided to go Dr.Bud style with my box so that what I am doing after I reveg these and make moms out of them

here's the girls at 24 days and with some LST

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Now here we go with todays set of pics and we are caught up with the grow hope I inspire some people to give cfl's a try. My buddy that gave me the clones laughed at me when I told him I was gonna flower them under cfl's saying I will get nothing but fluffy airy buds with no crystals....

Here's day 42 of flowering for my 2 Alaskan Thunderfuck clones flowered at 2"

:muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

Looks like trichromes to me!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Feel free to give opinions and if you have a micro grow in a dresser post up some pics and explain your setup

Ahh

Ahh

Everything looking great to me.I use both cfls and hps.My grow box has a total of 12 32 watters (2700k) 2 42 watters (2700k) 150 watt hps=44,000 lumens
Box is 3x4.Not as much light I whould like but u make do.I think there is loads of resin on ur plants to me (lol)I will pull up a chair for the rest of this grow!!

J-uana
:joint:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I have a very important update on my strain, I was informed by the person I got it from that it's Matanuska Thunderfuck x Afgooy and I had a feeling it there was some Goo in it cuz that smell is so distinct so this is going to get interesting since it's a clone only strain that only one other person has :headbange this is for sure going to be my breeding stock to start with do to the high resin amount I will post ome new pics in a few days. He said he's cutting his on day 60 so I may wait the five extra days but I have tride a sample at 41 days and the shit was BOMB! really tasty and sticky as fuck! Can't wait to get these girls harvested.....

ChronJohn

yea bro go for 60 Matsu tends to pump up the resin production a bit in the last week (if I remember correctly). Good little grow man, your friend is gonna be pretty surprised. Props.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks yea Matsu Goo is what he's calling it, I took some Macro pics earlier and I see a few amber crystals already!!!! on Day 45! I might chop the smaller one at 55 and let the bigger one go for 60??

ChronJohn

Damn yeah if it's already beginning to ripen then yea cut one at 55 then one at 60 and compare.. that way you know in the future when it's RIPE :D i'll keep checkin back i wanna see how this plays out.. pc bro

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
yea I know I got a a lot watts in there but I plan on doin a SOG Dr.Bud style as soon as I reveg these girls and make Moms out of them.. For some reason everytim I upload a picture and doesn't work?? Any ideas I've tried for 3 days now???

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so it's been a while since I put up new pics so here we go, you're looking at what is called the Matsu Thunder Goo

Yea buddy! My first successful harvest and I have to thank Dr. Bud & Gr3atfulH3ad from H3ad Seeds cuz thier threads are what steered me in the right direction

For the haters... I got 7.4g dry on plant 1 and 13.3g dry on pant 2 so I'm sure I can get a SOG Dr Bud style with the numbers he's talkin just wait for round 2...

Last edited:
earlier ya said ya wanted pics of stealth dresser in action , don't have any of those but i used to have stealth dresser left top drawer on to convince people it was still a dresser.

wish i had pics was a riot , those who i decided to tell about it where like no f**en way. that was the last place they thought i would have such things. lol

tngreen

Veteran
congrats on the harvest! bud looks real dank! how long did you take them? looks like they could've gone a llttle longer. regardless, great grow man.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Zappa - Thanks you should be fine with a stealth grow CFL's seem to produce better quality while HID produce quanity... I like quality

tngreen - Thanks it was some of the better stuff I smoked this year, I got to taste the same strain under HID with Hydro and I have to say that my CFL Soil grow came out waaayyyyy better, smelled sweeter and tasted so good can't wait to get more

C

Cozy Amnesia

Thundurkel said:
...so I'm sure I can get a SOG Dr Bud style with the numbers he's talkin just wait for round 2...

Can't wait for that!

Great work man.

Latest posts

Latest posts