What's new

The Dr.Bud Method by Thundurkel

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Also..... Update on that Purple Urkel clone I transplanted yesterday, well since my house is hot due to now ac the girl was all droopy and didn't look happy later that day so I popped her back in the Bubble Cloner and she perked up so until these assholes finish tarring the roof on my complex I will be waiting on planting the Urkel's in their bottles...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Alright so I got a little update for you guys, the bag seed has begin to flower and she's about 4 inches tall so I know I'm not going to get shit from her. I would like to point out before anybody starts saying "see you can't get 7g in a 20oz" This wasn't my main test and also Dr.Bud says in his thread that every strain is different some may need to 2-3" when they go in some 7-8" to hit the sweet spot which I know my Thunder Goo is good when flowered at 3" so my test will be the Purple Urkel clones I have rooting and my Thunder Goo that is reveging so I can make them mothers and get my box filled any way on with the pics :rasta: :rasta:

^^^^^^^
Those 2 are of the bagseed I'm calling Carpet Muncher

^^^^^^
one of my Purple Urkel clones that had fully rooted in my bubble cloner and went straight to flowering from there when I transplanted to the 20oz for some reason my other 7 PU clones all look alive and healthy in the cloner but the just have root bums on the bottoms of the stems so far....

clowntown

Veteran
Interesting thread; do you have any expectations in terms of yield, such as a minimum of 1Lb (based on DrBud's 1gpw-for-any-idiot combined with 535w)? :chin: Not trying to troll here, just wondering if funny threads like that give people certain expectations.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Clowntown - Thanks things should turn out alright, this is just to show that the 7g per plant is possible in 20oz bottles but I figured I'd see what this one gets which my guess is not much at all cuz I got the cutting off a plant that was in flower already and then tossed into the flower chamber right after it got roots so it stayed short. I know if the plant would've be in veg when I cut the clone it would have grew much taller in it's stretch but thats what the Purple Urkel and Thunder Goo are for....

FreezerBoy - Oh yea few days and I'll have my batch of Urkel clones to toss in and shortly after that comes the Thunder Goo :headbange

clowntown

Veteran
Just for the record, I've never, ever, ever, ever, EVER disputed the 7g per plant in 20oz bottles. (In fact, I've seen far better yields than 7g from 20oz bottles.) I did (and am), however, dispute that things don't scale linearly. For example, 7g per plant in a 20-plant density doesn't equate to 7g per plant in a 40-plant density under the same wattage, just because 40 plants can physically fit in the same space as the 20 plants did.

You're local to me, so maybe we can have a friendly little wager. If you can yield >= 1gpw (dry, trimmed; "street weight") using "the Doc's method", I will match your harvest weight with some primo primo nugs of my own. If you cannot, I will take all your buds (whatever it is you yield), make bubble hash, and keep it for myself. Double or nothing... what do ya say? :chin: I won't back out when time comes, as long as you're honest and don't pull any funny business. I'd say it's hard to not accept, especially considering you have many supporters (including the Doc himself) here who will help you with anything you need throughout the grow to ensure the best chance at success.

Some nasty, nasty nugs waiting for you:

Last edited:

ninjashoes

clowntown said:
Just for the record, I've never, ever, ever, ever, EVER disputed the 7g per plant in 20oz bottles. (In fact, I've seen far better yields than 7g from 20oz bottles.) I did (and am), however, dispute that things don't scale linearly. For example, 7g per plant in a 20-plant density doesn't equate to 7g per plant in a 40-plant density under the same wattage, just because 40 plants can physically fit in the same space as the 20 plants did.

You're local to me, so maybe we can have a friendly little wager. If you can yield >= 1gpw (dry, trimmed; "street weight") using "the Doc's method", I will match your harvest weight with some primo primo nugs of my own. If you cannot, I will take all your buds (whatever it is you yield), make bubble hash, and keep it for myself. Double or nothing... what do ya say? :chin: I won't back out when time comes, as long as you're honest and don't pull any funny business. I'd say it's hard to not accept, especially considering you have many supporters (including the Doc himself) here who will help you with anything you need throughout the grow to ensure the best chance at success.

Some nasty, nasty nugs waiting for you:

I have a better idea for a bet just give me all that bud and I will give you my collection of pokemon cards.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hmmm sounds tempting but at the moment I'm too broke to fuck around with my stash that way give a few more grows and I'll gladly play buddy...

B

blackfoot

Thundurkel If I were you. I'd put three or four crop's under my belt, then take clowntown's dank.

clowntown what exactly do you doubt?

If you think Dr. is a lier we have a disagreement. I tried some CFL's last winter when I saw the Dr.'s thread and they work. His methods for watering from the bottom up maximizing your yield in a small area with a SOG of clones is where it is at. Having a larger set up is bad ass and I have been there and did that but in all honesty. I have seen the light. I have more Lights per square foot than Dr. Bud uses but I am certain his set up is working for him the way he has said it does. But if he doesn't get as much weight at the end of a crop as he would like, That really don't effect me smoking my home grown, That he has showed me a more simpler way of growing. Try it you'll like it. Less heat less plant food less money, same yield.

clowntown

Veteran
I won't make any more mess and clutter in Thundurkel's thread, but if you're interested below is the thread with some more detailed information on what points and topics I'm disputing:

DrBud: SuperGuru or BSer?

I personally don't think it was placed in the right sub-forum, since most in that forum don't have the experience regarding the topic at hand to comment on it. Anyways, it's a locked thread now so no new comments, but still readable for you to form your own opinion on.

O

Orga_Nerd

i wish ppl would just drop this crap with greengenes. who cares, even bringing it up kinda kills the mood of a thread.

looking great thundurkel!

grow on

clowntown

Veteran
I'll make one more comment just to respond to your concerns, Orga_Nerd: if you (in this case, the Doc) can't handle criticism on extremely wild claims that no one else in this industry dares to make, then don't make the false claims; or back your claims by proving it rather than telling someone else to prove you wrong (since when did the obligation fall this way in this society?). Don't go around making wild false claims, then refusing to do anything to prove it, call people names, make fun of other people's hardships, and have your minions go around saying "who cares? let's just drop it!". Don't have the truth to prove anything, yet not man enough to back down and say "I lied"... ??? :spank: :spank:

Just my :2cents: again, of course.

This post will self-destruct soon (only since you have < 50 posts and can't read PMs).

Last edited:
O

Orga_Nerd

Excuse me but nowhere on the forum rules or anywhere else does it say that you must back up claims. Ever wonder why your thread got closed. This is ridiculous. He wasnt shoving it in your face.
Why does he need to prove anything to you? And dont you call me a "minion". Some people just appreciate what he has contributed to their progress and they dont like to see him being criticized.

How exactly do you expect him to prove it. He practically lives in the wild for crying out loud. You guys go parading around telling everyone he is a liar, but what has he done to deserve that? Did he go around saying his yields were better than yours? Did he say he grew better than you guys?

Even if you could prove him wrong, you guys will still be coming off as jerks. And obviously this has a lot to do with ego.

Man i dont want to argue with people on here. I dont know a fraction of what you guys do about growing. But i do know that i would never degrade someone for being new to the grow scene, or for claiming to get better results than me.

clowntown

Veteran
That's not what it's about, Orga_Nerd. But you're right, nowhere on any forum rules does it state that you must back up wild claims with proof. But then again, nowhere else in life does it tell you that, to have any amount of credibility after making some extremely wild claims, the burden of proof lies on the claimant. But it's a pretty well-understood concept socially, one that you and the Doc obviously just don't "get".

How do I expect him to prove it? Start a grow show.

He's not getting better results than anyone else, actually. I've seen others in micro-grow forums apparently getting better results than this guy. I don't post here much, but I've been known to hand out plenty of pos. rep's (not that it means much, but just a way to show respect) and send PM's showing respect to people on this sub-forum, including guys running wattages in the neighborhood of 70w, etc.

Yes, he did go around saying "any idiot with half a brain" can easily get >= 1gpw, etc, and "in fact" getting 2-4gpw when it's clear to anyone with any experience that he's not. Only very carefully selected pictures of individual plants that did well, and that exact same picture over, and over, and over in broken-record style to "prove it".

See, you're yet another person who just doesn't "get it" and blaming your being clueless to "clowntown is being a meanie to noobs". I'll say it again: your wattage or experience has absolutely nothing to do with the respect or disrespect that I give. There are folks here running large shows that I truly disrespect; and there are also plenty of folks here running sub-100w that I respect a ton. There are noobs with no experience that I also respect a ton because of their enthusiasm, open-mindedness, willingness to learn, and in general a passion for this hobby.

So get a clue before you go yapping off about something you know nothing about.

this message will be self-destructing soon (Orga_Nerd can't read PMs yet)

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
There's this story... about a guy... he goes to his doctor and says "doctor, doctor... it hurts when I do *this*" while twisting his arm into an extremely unnatural position, one that would apparently cause a lot of pain.

The doctor says: "so stop doing it".

My point? If you're going to make some extremely wild claims with nothing close to proof, don't cry when you're met with criticism. If you can't handle the criticism, don't make the wild claims. It's pretty simple, really, but I know this is a concept you don't understand.

this message will be self-destructing soon (Orga_Nerd can't read PMs yet)

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well coming in my thread with all this shit I better be one of those respected noobs cuz I got drive like a motherfucker... Argue all you want just don't get my thread closed this was here to see someone else use the DrBud method so I expect the debate.. It's all funny to me

O

Orga_Nerd

Well if you think that everyone adheres to the same social code as you, then you are wrong.

you are trying to argue against his performance to me. But i dont care. im just saying i dont like the arguing.

This seemed to be a really friendly and helpful site until i ran into the threads where people are trying to "call people out".

I am not going to argue with you. and i dont think i was "yapping" at you. i said i didnt want to hear anymore about the "drbud controversy".

But you continue to call me under experienced and clueless. I even said that i didnt want to argue, so why do you continue to feel the need to defend yourself?

"So get a clue before you go yapping off about something you know nothing about." What exactly do i know nothing about?

Latest posts

Latest posts