What's new

"THE DEVIL AND MI5 L.E.D STYLE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
im gonna wait untill my plants sex before i take on any more adventures ;)

my seeds have arrived today so im now in possesion of the super cali haze ;)

and the blue himalaya did infact turn out to be the diesel variety so im well happy about that :dance013:

also some more good news 1 of my mi5's has shown sex and im the proud father of 1 baby girl (ahhhhh) but im hoping for triplets so fingers crossed :)

i measured the devil and she is currently at 8 inches tall and still reaching, cant diagnose her symptoms so i have no choice but to ride with it and see what she has to offer me

ill update with some pics later

peace

Jealous you own the super cali haze auto! Good luck with her. Sucks stitch is gone, ruined alot of things i had planned. Glad to hear the good news in your cab. lookin forward to the update!:jump:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 20 from seed

i know this is a quick sucsessive update but like i always say when growing autos

"a lot can happen in 24 hours"

i know have 2 confirmed mi5 females, both have sexed on day 16 from seed, i would of loved to of had another weeks veg out of them before they showed sex but now we have entered into the boom and bloom phase ;)

the mi5's will now kick into overdrive and start to grow upwards and outwards, im shooting for maximum yield this time round with these girls and i hope they will put in a performance to make their daddy proud ;)

im yet to see the biggest indoor yield from one of these but i think i could get some where near or if not beat it with my setup :dance013:

my light will penertrate upto 42" and probably more,i know as i have see what it can do so these bithches are gonna get the full force :)

the smell at the minute is weak but after just growing out blue cheese its gonna take a lot to over power that, however i have grown out the mi5 in the past under cfl so i know what is coming in terms of their hum ( every mi5 seed i have germed so far has been female out of a 10 pack of regs and that speaks for itself ) ive probably just jinxed my last plant by saying that lol but if it did it would free up space for another bean, every cloud and all that

out off all my seeds i reiceved today the 1s im most excited about are the max gom ( critical mass x ak47 ) ive just got a really good feeling about these beans and im itching to get 1 under way and into an oxy pot but im worried about running out of space, especially now most my plants have hit flower.

also wanna give a mention about *the spanish guy who just got banned* and say what a loss to the forums it is to lose such a top geneticists in autoflowering production, he was far ahead of the game creating new beans from scratch for our enjoyment and i still rate his seeds to be 1 of the best in the current auto market,and i will continue to support him by buying his seeds and look forward to his continuation of the super autos and if your reading this amigo good luck in the future buddy mucho gracias(you sir are a legend :good: ;) :tiphat: )

anyways i could chat chit all night so heres a few pics of the ladies and my devil currently @ 8"

confirmed females

100820102056.jpg

100820102057.jpg

THE DEVIL

100820102059.jpg

100820102060.jpg

SOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THESE AND I BET CURIOSITY GETS THE BETTER OF ME AND I SPROUT BEFORE THIS DIARY IS FINSHED HAHA

100820102061.jpg

peace

uptosumpn

Veteran
Ya Know! and Thank you for the welcome..but the fun really starts when I start!! and i'm glad I grew in soil..its great that I now can compare for myself soil vs hydro, but I know there will be NO comparision as far as yeild is concerned...and that's the point of these strains I have....BIG YEILD! my goal is 3 oz per, DRY.......:bump: Jus sparked up a fat spliff of sum M15....WOW, this shit jus keeps getting better with age, curing now for 3wks...smells fruity too! <that's soil, now it dwc turn...
welcome to the world of hydro , dont get me wrong i have nothing against people who spend their time growing in soil and get average yields , but if you wanna get the most out of autos put em in hydro and watch em grow :)

i think with the list of strains you mentioned you should get some nice returns

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Ya Know! and Thank you for the welcome..but the fun really starts when I start!! and i'm glad I grew in soil..its great that I now can compare for myself soil vs hydro, but I know there will be NO comparision as far as yeild is concerned...and that's the point of these strains I have....BIG YEILD! my goal is 3 oz per, DRY.......:bump: Jus sparked up a fat spliff of sum M15....WOW, this shit jus keeps getting better with age, curing now for 3wks...smells fruity too! <that's soil, now it dwc turn...

if you like the mi5 you should try the onyx all my guys rave about it and you will get 3x the yield over the mi5 ;)

yield isnt a factor in hydro its about getting your setup right if i was to give you my best advice for hydro it would be,

never dictate to the plants what feed you think they should be on,always let the plants tell you,

its a lot easier to fix an underfed plant than it is to fix an overfed 1

good luck with ya new adventure and if you need any advice just gimme a shout

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
I missed all that, dam, What happened to *Stitch* guys???
Hey Skotty have you considered a flush on that leaf damaged plant at all, Rockwool can sometimes be the cause with salt build up & lock-out, another reason why at the most ill only use the prop cubes if i must, these days im not gonna bother with the RW at all just Hydroton & net-pots. Just a thought mate, its starting to look like a def more all the time. Take a pic under normal light & we can maybe get a positive ID on that shit bro! Is it right under the LED light man? im not gonna submiss reflective hot-spots either atm.
Good luck man, looking Good!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
heres the deal

her res is ph 5.7 and her feed is .6ec shes is growing everyday and hasnt slowed down, ive just checked the res for ec before taking these pics and its dropped to .5 ec, now that is a sign tellimg me she is still eating (fuking weird i know) so if the plant had a def it would stop growing and stop feeding, also her roots are crystal clear so its not root rot

here are some pics

110820102063.jpg

110820102064.jpg

110820102066.jpg

110820102067.jpg

110820102068.jpg

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
if she was over feeding i would see the res ec rise from .6 to .7 as the plant would be drinking more water than nutes :)

also nute burn starts at the tips and works its way in this defficency has started in the middle of the leaves and worked its way out ?

the plants are not directly under the lights and are spaced out, but with the light being @ 37" when it started i would rule out heat spots and the fact the plants have a fan blowing contantly 24/7

ive never seen this in the whole time ive been growing in dwc so this is a new 1 , i can only put it down to the plants genetics and say that its super sensitive to something and even more sensitive than blueberry,

its not an mg def as the colour of the plant on the whole would suggest otherwise

my mi5's are thriving in their enviroment just this strain seems to be off,

but lets look back over the grow, i started with 5 seeds and 2 made it above ground out of the 2 that made it only 1 was healthy the other had a missing cotelydon,

and the 1 remaining is growing superfast but has a super sensitivty make up ?

bad batch of seeds or growers mistakes, take your pick out of the 2, but look at the health of my mi5's in comparision

3 regular mi5's germiated and 3 sprouted and out of the 3 i have 2 confirmed females ??

would i recommened the il diavolo to other growers on and around these forums ??? would i phuk

id stick with the tried and tested strains and avoid all the other weak shit

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
also my other mi5 has just shown sex today and guess what........... its a hat trick 3 out of 3 for the females

not bad for regualr seeds i must have a gift for the ladies (licks his finger and strokes his eyebrows ;) )

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Ive seen plants that have genetic deficiencies, well this was the best way i could describe it... I ruled everything out just as you have pretty much... Only way to know for sure is to be running multiple, but since you had bad luck, thats not possible! Congrats on the mi5 females, good to see stitch came through!:tiphat:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
I missed all that, dam, What happened to *Stitch* guys???
Hey Skotty have you considered a flush on that leaf damaged plant at all, Rockwool can sometimes be the cause with salt build up & lock-out, another reason why at the most ill only use the prop cubes if i must, these days im not gonna bother with the RW at all just Hydroton & net-pots. Just a thought mate, its starting to look like a def more all the time. Take a pic under normal light & we can maybe get a positive ID on that shit bro! Is it right under the LED light man? im not gonna submiss reflective hot-spots either atm.
Good luck man, looking Good!

scrogger you need to educate me here on rock wool, let me expain my understanding 1st

rock wool is a medium that is used to start out seeds for hydro grows, its made up of rock and sand and is has a good rentention for holding water and also holds air so roots can breathe , after 7 days the roots should of made their way into the res and the rockwool cube servers as no more benefit to the plant apart from structural support for when the plants get bigger,
now with the roots in the res the plant is pulling all the nutrients it requires staright out of the source , the rockwool cube is dried out and the roots have all headed south making the rockwool cubes no longer a source of food,

all rockwool is is a starting medium, and it doesnt matter if you use 1" 2" 3" or even slabs when the roots have hit the res wiether it be nft or dwc then the cubes server no more importance ,

the only time i could see rockwool causing problems in a grow is if you were using flood and drain or even a dripper system where the clay pebbels get flushed with water on a regualr timered control unit.

but this is just my take on it

the fact the plant is still feeding and growing @ 1" + a day is a sign that the beeatch hasnt locked out and the fact she is reaching for the light just shows how badly she wants it , i know its kerazy and i can only put it down to very very sensitive genetics

i did put it down to calcium def as it looks ver similar but in every calcium def plant ive googled it says it stunts growth, totally ruled that 1 out

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
No man, Rockwool is an inorganic, sterile, inert full growing medium, used from start to finish in many systems, including 'NFT & Slab top fed with a 'Dripper. It aint just a starting medium. Thats why i been asking you why you using so much? using the 3" is unnessasary, the prop cubes then straight into the nets & hydroton is just fine.
The problem with RW is it will accumilate Salts. These Salts need to be flushed out on a regular basis-(ie: every 2 weeks or so). Dont be fooled into thinking your Rockwool is dry in your Nets, i dont think this is the case bro. You'll find that even hydroton has Capilary action, the splashing inside your DWC Buckets will be plenty to cause this capilary action, which in turn will help keep your 3" rw cube to a certain moisture level. These are some reasons why i no longer want to use RW at all in my net-pots. It could very well be Salt-Build up thats causing lock-up &or other things here. Not in your Res or your Hydroton/Netpot's, but actually in your Rockwool where the problem could lye. when i use RW with NFT & in the Past in DWC i always make sure i flush it to fk every 2 weeks minimum. This completely stops any kind of salt accumilation & doesnt take too long to do. i use a 1/10th strength nute water solution EC-0.15-0.20, very weak sol(its better for flushing salts out of said medium).
So in conclusion man it could well be that you have salt build-up in ya RW, & its my guess if you aint been flushing it regularly, & you dont think that its a 'Reflective' heat-spot problem, there is a difference between a heat spot from a light & from reflective material, if you see where im going with that, thats why they say not to use tin-foil etc. Anyway try a flush, should always flush RW anyway. If you already have been then fk knows! Later man!

Id say its a type of Toxic burn that has been caused by accumilation of salt in your RW, it could be linked to Ca. but id be thinking along the lines of Toxidity rather than deficiency now after seeing the pics but it could be either due to lock etc! Hope the flush sorts it for ya bro!
Its a mad one working with RW sometimes, you'd think you'd be just fine, cause your roots are in such lovely condition etc, funny how salt accumilation in ya medium(RW) can cause things like this & there's bugger all wrong with your res or roots, funny how this can happen, but it does. A simple regular flush=problem solved

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
No man, Rockwool is an inorganic, sterile, inert full growing medium, used from start to finish in many systems, including NFT & Slab top fed with a dripper. It aint just a starting medium. Thats why i been asking you why you using so much? using the 3" is unnessasary.
The problem with RW is it will accumilate Salts. These Salts need to be flushed out on a regular basis-(ie: every 2 weeks or so). Dont be fooled into thinking your Rockwool is dry in your Nets, i dont think this is the case bro. You'll find that even hydroton has Capilary action, the splashing inside your DWC Buckets will be plenty to cause this capilary action, which in turn will help keep your 3" rw cube to a certain moisture level. These are some reasons why i no klonger want to use RW at all in my net-pots. It could very well be Salt-Build up thats causing lock-up here. Not in your Res or your Hydroton/Netpot's, but actually in your Rockwool where the problem could lye. when i use RW with NFT & in the Past in DWC i always make sure i flush it to fk every 2 weeks minimum. This completely stops any kind of salt accumilation & doesnt take too long to do. i use a 1/10th strength nute water solution EC-0.15-0.20, very weak sol(its better for flushing salts out of said medium).
So in conclusion man it could well be that you have salt build-up in ya RW, & its my guess if you aint been flushing it regularly, & you dont think that its a 'Reflective' heat-spot problem, there is a difference between a heat spot from a light & from reflective material, if you see where im going with that, thats why they say not to use tin-foil etc. Anyway try a flush, should always flush RW anyway. If you already have been then fk knows! Later man!

cheers for the input scroger

ive had a move around in my tent today so we will see if it is that thats caused it,

when the time comes and i pull the devil i will take photos and show you the condition of the rockwool cube, it will be bone dry and as previously stated the bigger cubes act as a plant support,

ive never read about anybody flushing rockwool in dwc and never had a problem with it either it just seems really weird how i treat all my plants in the same way but this one is going a bit pete tong,

also in the pics i take it looks like most of the light is reflecting off the top of the middle bucket, however i have to change my camera settings to take pics and this is not in fact the case, its difficult getting exact pics under led lights due to its fecking intensity a bit like hps ,

110820102079.jpg

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey mate,
mmm, id of thought that there will be some level of moisture in your RW, mines always in the Zone, where humidity & the splashing, along with capilary action keeps the rootball moist, whether theres RW or not.
Rockwool growers flush bro. Its part of using the medium, it has to be flushed because like i said it has this ability to accumilate salts. Not Flushing will cause problems, something similar to what you are observing. Id read up on RW growing to give you a better understanding on the shite bruv. like i said ive completely got rid of it because of these properties it has. As long as you flush it regularly its fine & no accumilation of salts is gonna happen. Here's a link to the RW growers thread man, its a real long un but theres alot of good info on there. if you can be bothered with it.
:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66967&page=3
Like i said as long as you Flush RW every 2 weeks, you illiminate the problem. imo if it aint that reflective heat spot then its salt-build up! so it'll be interesting to see now if it happens after you moving things around. I'd defo incorparate Flushing into your schedual if using RW in any system, it just illiminates any possible problems with salts, so you should be doing it religiously every 2 weeks minimum really. Ask any RW grower they'll advise the same im sure bro! Good Luck skotty!

Scrogerman

Veteran
BTW Bro, my SCheese cuts have rooted lovely in my Bubblecloner, im in the process of building my Scrog & setting up my DWC Rig. we'll soon have a few pics up. My Auto's are on Flush, only little but lovely & frosty sticky dank. Im loving Paradise 'Automaria', bloody hell its soo crystally, covered in trichs bro, & the BB Automatic is mustard & done, smells killa fruity dank. Number1 is another week behind those 2 & an MI5 & Easyrider 2 weeks behind again, should be enough to keep me going untill the SCheese is ready in around 10-12weeks, 1 Tote, 4 plants, 1 Scrog = 15oz of sticky delight with a bit of luck.
Hope ya work out what the damage is bro.! G'Luck buddy!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
mate it sounds like you grow a completly different method to me man

from what i gather you are filling your buckets so the water actually covers your net pots?? which will inturn effect your rockwool cubes

i however dont grow this way my setup is as follows

dwc-cutaway.jpg

notice the level of water between the net basket and the water??

i have a 2"-3" gap between the bottom of my basket and the water to let my roots breathe, the rockwool is aslo sitting inside the basket on 2" of clay pebbles

so thats a 5"to 6" gap between my rockwool and water

the rockwool plays no further part in my system after the intial rooting stage and neither do the clay pebbles the roots grow down into the res

the reason for the gap is for the roots that need oxygen :)

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
hey man what autos would you suggest for outdoors?

fuk knows i dont grow in soil i hate it and its dirty

have a look in dargos thread he seems to have the outdoor autos on lockdown, see which 1 you like best and knock yaself out

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Bro!,
Na man, i just been doing DWC for an age, thats the difference i believe bro. How many runs you done, 3 or 4? ok either way, im here to help my fellow IC'ers, but bear with us, i aint very good at teaching.
You aint doing anything different in the grow system to me at all man. the RW in your set-up does & always will play a part if your using it man. There aint no getting around it, if you use it, it comes with all its properties(Good & Bad, but mostly Bad). The Hydroton has a certain capilary action which will draw some moisture to your RW cubes man, there's no two-ways about it, this will cause salt build up if you dont flush. Like i said ask any RW grower or any advanced or Experienced DWC boffin & they'll tell ya the same bro.
Your not supposed to run DWC with the water level up above the pot line, unless the plants are young of course or your using huge medium Pots & are basing it on Beneficial Bacteria's etc. I was just trying to explain that you dont need to use the 3" RW cubes on top of the prop cubes in your system bro, in fact you dont need to use RW at all in DWC, the less the better, because of its crappy quality's & needing to be flushed on a regular basis.(& i actually like RW, but in NFT, a completely different ball game as you know man!)
I'm trying to help you i suppose. I see the leaf damage & im trying to help ya get to the bottom of it, along the way explaining the down sides to using the RW, as this is a possible & likely cause to your leaf damage bro('salt build-up). I suppose i best keep my teaching to myself lol i aint very good at it & let you find out for yourself lol, only joking bro.
The Clay pebbles(hydroton) do play a very important roll in your OXY Pots bro, they have capiliary action drawing moisture to your rootball which is incased in RW, it has to play a part. Ask anyone in the know & they'll tell ya the same. I aint trying to be cocky or anything man, im just pointing out the facts, & im trying to help like i said lol. If i aint, tell us to shut it skotty haha. I like the graphic man, cool, he's only using little prop RW too look lol! Anyway i still stand by a Flush as a possible solution, although we aint ruled out the reflective hot spot, but we'll find out soon enough bro. Good Luck buddy!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
lol

mate its an auto flowering plant and i really couldnt give to shits if it flops seriously im not just not that interested in it, in fact ive got more seeds germinating right now cause im thinking of pulling it out my grow

i tend to deal with facts more than anything else and the truth is the seeds were shit im now £45 lighter after buying these seeds and after getting into a raging argurment over on thct forums about this strain i stupidly went out and bought them just to prove a point about how shit the seeds were, and guess what they didnt dissapoint me ;)

i do think your chatting chit about the rockwool cubes though ive never had any issues using it in the past and will continue to use it in the future, im putting it down to the seeds and the genetics, and wish anybody the best of luck who chooses to spend their money and grow them out, but i can safely say they didnt work out for me

if i had vegged for over a month and was in flowering id be pissed off to the max but after 3 weeks into the grow its nothing to worry about and i still have the mi5's to fall back on ;)

thats the beauty of autos i can veg and flower in the same tent so by germinating more autos now i wont have as long to wait for my next harvest after these

cheers for your input though fella but phukk it dont lose any sleep over it cause i know i wont :dance013:

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
hahahah lol,
Bro seriously, you mean to tell me you went out n bought seed to grow & prove that they were shite, lol, i thought i heard you say something like that a while ago but dissmissed it as me trippin out or somink! hahah, knightmare though, ah well, were you wishing you were wrong & hoping they were gonna prove ya wrong? funny anyway, ya mad lad!
On the Rockwool fella, na, i aint talking shit at all bro, i been doing hydroponics since 91 chap! sort of fanaticle about it. my mates think im nuts, but if they ever have any prob's who do they come running to, yip you guessed! Maybe you'll come back to me in a few months/years/decades & tell me that you now know why RW is shit & that you dropped it from your Netpots lol! Not that i give a shit either. It works for you doesnt it!
Just do a quick search on growing with rockwool & you'll find out about the quality's it carries, the bloody stuff does accumilate salts bro, believe me, its a well known side-effect dude, i know you dont give a toss, but its always good to know these things, & keeping your medium cleam can never be a bad thing bro! If i ever use RW i flush every 2 week & eliminate that issue which carries potential problems/as a precaution. Because it only happened to the plant in the middle under the light though, my moneys now on the reflective heat spot, but i anit sure at all! Anyway Thanks for the giggle bro! take it Easy!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.