What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Deth, Big Sur Holy Weed... Elite as FUck

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I too have gotten ahold of the BSHW x Oaxaca cross from vermontman, after searching for the straight BSHW for a while. Coastal seeds had a BSHW release awhile ago, but I missed the window for them. I'm from near Big Sur, and love Mexican weed, so a Mexican based line that was acclimatized to the coastal mountains of the central coast ticks quite a few of my boxes.

There's been a few other BSHW crosses I've looked for but missed, such as the "Mexican hot chocolate" that is BSHW x Chocolate Thai. Still want that one...

Those coastal packs were pricey , $300, if i remember correctly. Likely worth it. I do believe vermontman got his bshw for zacatecas tribute from coastal seeds.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Here's a little write-up on BSHW:

https://highboldtage.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/big-sur-holy-weed/

In this thread Reef joins in the discussion:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=305656

Reef has also somewhat returned. At least he has a few recent posts. And provides an email in one for contact. And Seed Boutique/RGS has some of his offerings now so I imagine PANIKZ is in contact with him. Maybe if there's enough demand BSHW could wind up on the shelves.

I have a pack from Reef and hope to pop it within the next year, along with two fems of S.A.G.E.

Breadwizard

Breadwizard, what flowering characteristics did you observe? I assume you grew it outside. Do you recall flowering onset and finish dates? Type of high , bud structure. Thanks for any and all information. Synthetic or organic nutrients? Ok , I'm done with a thousand questions.
Peace brother

I wish I had answers for you, but they're sitting as seeds, burning a hole in my collection. I'd love to run them outdoors this year, but conditions don't look good for it. May break down and pop a few indoors when I get antsy during fall, waiting for my summer crop to finish.

I've got some outcrosses and F2 in mind when I do.

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi Guys I still have the Danbo original BSHW in my collection and will certainly release it again the biggest issue with the BSHW is many people talk about how wonderful it is and how they want to grow it and I never Charged insane money for the strain but it was never close to being a great selling strain .
Not that this dictates my keeping it alive but that is the truth of the matter , I can tell instantly if a plant is BSHW as it has a very unique structure and leaf formation .
The strain is certainly a Classic I have struggled to keep her going for going on 2 decades .
I have also sold a a few packs over the years to many people so without question many of the hybrids floating around are real and potentially in pure form .
I have seen some strains being sold as BSHW that in no way resemble what I have carried on from Danbo .
I have a new facility in the Caribbean that is dedicated to genetics preservation of all of my collection and much much more , I am currently working in Colombia and will start on the new Farm in march .
I will share as much content of my preservation of heritage and heirloom and other with everyone as I can I just ask that we all play nice and treat one another with the same level of respect we would if we were touring each others gardens in real Time .

This new Facility is the culmination of a lifetime of work its really something to behold and I am eager to share my passion and love for the plant in its many forms with everyone !
Some of my newer works are for sale at Real gorilla / Seedbay .
Much much more work is forthcoming I hope you all enjoy them please let me know if I can help you in anyway

Charles "reeferman" Scott

T

TakenByTheSky

Years ago I bought a few packs of chimeras BSHW x BB they had some of the largest fan leaves I've ever seen indoor, they looked like prehistoric plants that's how big they were.

Very unique plants I'm surprised I've never seen any mention of this strain after like 2012 especially considering all the packs that were sold. I enjoyed them when I grew them but haven't revisited them since

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I wanted to grow some f2s of bshw x bb I got from pineboy, many thanks, but then I got lucky and was gifted seeds which are supposed to be bshw, so far it looks very ghani, thick stems, big leafs.. I am very interested in old school heirlooms, this one is really old.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I got 11 males. I think I can divide them to two groups, strictly green ones - are more stocky and broad leaf - narrowing during flowering, it smells like spicy menthol - strong smell. then I got three with colorful stems, more or less, these are more lanky, more petite looking, very delicate narrow leaf.. my favorite smells musky sour red fruit :D
picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I got 11 males. I think I can divide them to two groups, strictly green ones - are more stocky and broad leaf - narrowing during flowering, it smells like spicy menthol - strong smell. then I got three with colorful stems, more or less, these are more lanky, more petite looking, very delicate narrow leaf.. my favorite smells musky sour red fruit :D View Image

Looks great, MAHA! Please keep the updates coming. I plan to kick off the new year by popping my pack of BSHW. :headbange

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Looks great, MAHA! Please keep the updates coming. I plan to kick off the new year by popping my pack of BSHW. :headbange

great!!! this germ should be grown more, everybody has just positive comments to it, it seems. as I was playing with males, I am little familiar with smell. which is totally divine. old school spice. the fact it survived from 60´s till now speaks for itself imo. there is some big kindness in this genetics..

need4weed

Veteran
Hi Guys I still have the Danbo original BSHW in my collection and will certainly release it again the biggest issue with the BSHW is many people talk about how wonderful it is and how they want to grow it and I never Charged insane money for the strain but it was never close to being a great selling strain .
Not that this dictates my keeping it alive but that is the truth of the matter , I can tell instantly if a plant is BSHW as it has a very unique structure and leaf formation .
The strain is certainly a Classic I have struggled to keep her going for going on 2 decades .
I have also sold a a few packs over the years to many people so without question many of the hybrids floating around are real and potentially in pure form .
I have seen some strains being sold as BSHW that in no way resemble what I have carried on from Danbo .
I have a new facility in the Caribbean that is dedicated to genetics preservation of all of my collection and much much more , I am currently working in Colombia and will start on the new Farm in march .
I will share as much content of my preservation of heritage and heirloom and other with everyone as I can I just ask that we all play nice and treat one another with the same level of respect we would if we were touring each others gardens in real Time .

This new Facility is the culmination of a lifetime of work its really something to behold and I am eager to share my passion and love for the plant in its many forms with everyone !
Some of my newer works are for sale at Real gorilla / Seedbay .
Much much more work is forthcoming I hope you all enjoy them please let me know if I can help you in anyway

Charles "reeferman" Scott

I brought a pack off of you years ago. I had one female and one Male. The only thing I remember is that it produced HUGE colas on a relative small plant. Lemony terps if I remember correctly. I halve a big bag of seed I made. Might need some GA3 to bring them back to life.......is it worth it? How good is this strain,?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
kagyu from coastal seeds says about it:
kagyu said:
The green stem and purple stem phenos are very different...

They are from the same original stock. The green stem phenos are different in structure & inter node spacing. The stone is more psycoactive, where the purple stem is a more heavy stone. Both are very pleasant.

well I want that psycoactive :D here is good info from bodhi:
bodhi said:
i have seen kagyu's in person and they are beasts, very old school look, purple and greens, powerful stuff, if i remember they tested over 20% outdoors, which is pretty amazing. i only got to grow one sadly of rd's, i believe the one you got a clone of digdugdank, i would like to grow more out to get a better look at the line, his was more of a bushy mexican look, nice effects.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah but females dont smell much. no odor. only one from 8 females have some detectable smell.. but a nose has to be pretty close :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I can smell some wild spice now after 5 weeks of flowering. some wild haze that is overshadowed by hashy sweetness from afghan. I bet they used similar afghan as Dj Short used in his blueberry..

Latest posts

Latest posts