What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Deth, Big Sur Holy Weed... Elite as FUck

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
beautiful looking gear Maha…..
but for BSHW ….70’s..we encountered was a rocket ship to space…..very unique…. strong……at the time..nothing in Santa Cruz Mtn’s compared….
so much of todays gear that carry’s the name of yesteryears is on Q for most of the physical traits, but unfortunately lost its special high…..like chasing the dragon with haze genetics….
but if not for folks like yourself most wouldn’t experience anything close….
ganj on….

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hi, thank you bro. I definitely didnt try to resurrect holyweed of yesteryear in these crosses, but more like to create something new and different from weed of today... and I think it was quite successful..

yes man, times are changing and genetics too... people cross it with this and that and still call it original name, or just pollen chuckin and water down genetics etc.. when it is illegal it doesnt help...

this line I am talking about, is crossed with mazar I am sure... and indicas just take some tropical qualities of pure sativas down, maybe not in first generation of cross, but for sure in further generations.

hyp3brids has pure zacatecas purple, as well as reeferman. so that what was called holyweed in 70s... but who knows hahahaha. I should get cut of it, after growing I can tell you if it is up to hype from 70s...

original haze was preserved without too much indica in it, thats why it is so great imo... but all other sativa mixes heirlooms from 70s were crossed to indica in 80s. manatuska thunderfuck, trainwreck, romulan, blueberry, holyweed, durban, nlhaze... all started as narrow leafs at 70s, then after DEA operations people had to move it indoors and crossed it with indicas for better adaptability. I am sure you know this better than me, you were at it personally...

ganja on.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
SurReal(Big Sur Holyweed x original haze)

full

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Looks good Maha Kala.
At two different points in my life I had two different cuts of Big Sur Holy Weed, not the original Purple Zacatecas. I got rid of both of them at different times. I came to feel regret about it both times. I ditched them because they weren't impressively strong. But boy oh boy, they had a great, clean, cerebral quality of high.

One of the times I remember regretting it was when I was driving down a steep mountain road. It was a gorgeous day, the forest was beautiful, and my stomach was dropping due to the less than full feeling of gravity as I was downshifted a hill to slow down, and also the centrifical force of the tight curves. I was flying! It was about an hour and a half after smoking. It occurred to me that I was only just peaking on the high. That's a impressively huge delay. IMHO, all the best weeds have a delayed onset and peak. Like I said, it wasn't powerful, but it was very blissful and serene. Then for a moment, I felt dread in the pit of my stomach. "Why did I make the mistake of killing another one of those cutting?! Dooh!"
:D:LOL:
I've come to terms with it. I don't have the time and energy to save every uniquely great strain. I'm glad to see you working with so many good ones. I'd love to see you backcross Big Sur Holy Weed or Sureal or even Johnny Blaze to Purple Zacatecas. Johnny Blaze was another of those that carried that wonderful Mexican happy weed trait.

Best Vibes

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
quality that I appreciate the most on it is long lasting high combined with relatively short flowering. problem is that it is so inbred, it is almost impossible to open the genepool.. it is locked. too inbred imo... I am sure there is great sativa genetics hidden in it. I remember surrealV2 pheno 4. it was like speedy mexican weed and different from other phenos. I mean really speedy. bshw is not speedy...

full

so I think it is there somewhere... but very much hidden by tough inbreeding.

I made these outcrosses with it:

surrealV2(bshw x posi haze)

surrealV1(haze/oaxacan x bshw)
big spice(trainwreck/thai x bshw)
big south pump(diesel/bangi haze x bshw)

BSP was the most successful.. diesel/bangi haze helps with potency. and yes, the effect is completely blissful!

this is bshw looking pheno of BSP grown by @StickyBandit , just diesel/bangi makes it much less leafy than bshw itself.

bsp2-jpg.18855169

@flower~power just popped some new BSPs...

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
with johny blaze is not bad idea at all.

I still have bshw x blueberryF4 from Chimera

and panama red x bshw made by Kanza..

Latest posts

Latest posts