What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

JetLife175

Veteran
sure is Johnny come lately..

thats not history

yeh yeh.."its fire”[not meaning to disagree..]but its hilarious

one og came out years ago a few online people attempted to hoard it

someone got a hold of a cut and selfed it in the early 2000’s..

and those seeds went everywhere

then there were a couple ..

now theres a slew

Not really sure what your angle is, especially being partly quoted.

I'm trying to make sense of your post and I just can't. If there's something I don't know I'd love to hear it.

Docs

Rgd

Veteran
If there's something I don't know
what I said had nothing to do with origins of OGK

I was just saying that the many names tacked on before OG

may have come from fem seeds from early talked about OGK's like

ghost og

l(ike katsu bubba)

[ghost got the og cut ] it got called “ghost" because he gave it around

it got selfed and spread around
by doc greenthumb
and the new guys like those Rare Dank people came at least a decade later

****NO bro forget about me..***

it has nothing to do with ACTUAL ORIGIN OF OG kush

and I realize my fragmented though process typing can be confusing

carry on please

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
what I said had nothing to do with origins of OGK

I was just saying that the many names tacked on before OG

may have come from fem seeds from early talked about OGK's like

ghost og

l(ike katsu bubba)

[ghost got the og cut ] it got called “ghost" because he gave it around

it got selfed and spread around
by doc greenthumb
and the new guys like those Rare Dank people came at least a decade later

****NO bro forget about me..***

it has nothing to do with ACTUAL ORIGIN OF OG kush

and I realize my fragmented though process typing can be confusing

carry on please
You're good. I just just know the first time that a Docs OG came around it was from Scott at RD. He got Face off from fletch and crossed to his RD1 and named it after "tha docta" which is fletch hence the Docs OG.

Why is everyone shitting on rare dankness. He had some really good lines there for a while.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're good. I just just know the first time that a Docs OG came around it was from Scott at RD. He got Face off from fletch and crossed to his RD1 and named it after "tha docta" which is fletch hence the Docs OG.

Why is everyone shitting on rare dankness. He had some really good lines there for a while.

I agree, I think he went to full hemp grower?. .

Has anyone smoked any RBK?. I talked with Ricky about RBK but he said it's only available in a few places and very expensive to get a cut.

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
I agree, I think he went to full hemp grower?. .

Has anyone smoked any RBK?. I talked with Ricky about RBK but he said it's only available in a few places and very expensive to get a cut.
I've smoked the RBK that AJ was running when he was in Denver. It was really really good smoke. It goes around as Snoops OG in LA. I'm glad the RBK is getting some airplay these days.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I follow Ricky on IG and watched his story about RBK and his battles with his health. RBK is the only OGK Ive been interested in for a long time. These days hype is so real when talking about clones/seeds. I couldn't tell from the pics if RBK was anything special so I reached out to him to see what was up. The $$ he was looking for was just not in my realm to justify lol.. Getting something good today from those not in our circle costs big bucks.

I decided to try to make my own OGK using my Destiny f1 x Appalachian Super Skunk from Bodhi.. He did a great job making APPSS. I still want better. My 1st seed run from this project produced some winners. I got another batch in veg now.. This was my last run winner. I only made about 100 seeds of these. She is backed up if/when I find a better pheno I'll swap this one out.

DSCN8828.JPG
DSCN8945.JPG

Kid Twist

great thread i just got through reading it all after 3 days off and on. I've been off the boards almost 10 years none of this was know or credible back then, raskal had just released his whitefire.

I can see the NL angle for the origins for og kush. 30 years ago the only places we could get seeds were through adds in the back of magazines or going to Amsterdam and the most popular seeds were white widow, northern lights or the skunks. so unless you were plugged in out west you had to get your seeds from Amsterdam. growing up on the east coast we couldn't grow long flowering strains so that even points it more in the direction.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
we really enjoyed growing Big R’s McFly….insane seed possee has some good gear too

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't do ig

big Ricky is sick?

i have had to good chats with him before he moved and went seed biz

very interesting guy..

I also think Big Ricky is connected and has always had good stuff

RBK?

He was very sick. Was in the hospital for a bit. He had all of that journey on his personal IG page but it's been removed and placed on his other page rickys_california_originals.
Project1.png

Last edited:

EExtinct

I follow Ricky on IG and watched his story about RBK and his battles with his health. RBK is the only OGK Ive been interested in for a long time. These days hype is so real when talking about clones/seeds. I couldn't tell from the pics if RBK was anything special so I reached out to him to see what was up. The $$ he was looking for was just not in my realm to justify lol.. Getting something good today from those not in our circle costs big bucks.

I decided to try to make my own OGK using my Destiny f1 x Appalachian Super Skunk from Bodhi.. He did a great job making APPSS. I still want better. My 1st seed run from this project produced some winners. I got another batch in veg now.. This was my last run winner. I only made about 100 seeds of these. She is backed up if/when I find a better pheno I'll swap this one out.

View attachment 18924982 View attachment 18924983
RBK is supposed to be the original cut/same as JoshD which is pretty affordable from the right person.

midwestkid

Veteran

i wasnt shitting on rare dankness, just trying to understand what i have in the freezer.
i have no dogs in the fight. im glad you have this thread going. i think the OG is pretty amazing

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RBK is supposed to be the original cut/same as JoshD which is pretty affordable from the right person.
I think it's very difficult to verify what's legit today. It's why I tried to go directly to Ricky. Cuts getting renamed all the time pretty much ruins any authenticity. Using verifiable genetics when breeding seems unlikely if you are not part of certain groups.. It's one of the reasons I decided to make my own.

JetLife175

Veteran
I have the original. I've seen the RBK grow in someone else's room and I have smoked the RBK. I know you can get two different results from two different rooms but my opinion is they are different. I want to say the RBK reminds me a lot of the soul assassin cuts more than the Josh D cut. The RBK is hashier if that makes sense.

Last edited:

EExtinct

I have the original. I've seen the RBK grow in someone else's room and I have smoked the RBK. I know you can get two different results from two different rooms but my opinion is they are different. I want to say the RBK reminds me a lot of the soul assassin cuts more than the Josh D cut. The RBK is hashier if that makes sense.
The reason i say this is because if you listen to the recent james loud podcast with ricky, he says at one point josh had lost his cut and ricky got it back for him. This may be key information for you..

Latest posts

Latest posts