What's new

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

TresPlantas

Todd's role in OG was selling trays of it once he got the cut to medical patients in LA. He is one of the reasons every dispensary had OG on their menu. OG kush does resemble NL2 for the fact they are both kush type plants.

It's suspected from what I am gathering that the mystery part of the genetics does lend to the NL lines but that cannot be confirmed. Some things will have to remain a mystery.

If you really want to try OG in seed form go with archive. He has solid representations. There aren't a lot of people focusing on OG lines and projects these days.
Thank for the input. Another breeder to the list for my search.

JetLife175

Veteran
I understand your position but let’s not forget, the so called Original also popped out of the woodworks.

Surely it’s documented but that doesn’t make it factual despite certain aspects being true. The brought from Florida by a certain individual is what it is. Yet, I wouldn’t declare other cuts floating around Cali as being all selfed of this one cut. It’s a big world so no need to make it small and isolated around certain circles of individuals. That alone brings everything into questioned….IMO!

I think it’s best for me to just say, I’m wrong and you are right. No, it’s not an attempt at being condescending. To me it’s just the same old drama this cut seems to inspire. Good luck on your quest for accurate information.

I think what you are missing is this thread is the result of sifting through that big world you've spoken of for years to find the right people. If you have something credible to throw into what's been established I'd be happy to hear it.

So far that hasn't happened. I don't see much provenance on the cut you're talking about. If you can maybe provide more that would help? I don't know what to tell you man.

Original post will be updated very soon!

I've spoken with the person who harvested the seeded plants that resulted in the OG and TK seeds being found.

In the middle of doing due diligence and cross verifying some stories and claims to make sure I have it as accurate as possible.

Stay tuned.
More stories can't wait. This story might actually matter. This is the question I've always asked. Someone grew that sack of weed that some nobody bought at a festival. I don't care about the nobody and never understood why cannabis stories sound like they came from CIA operatives more than anything, always hiding the actual source of the drug and focusing on street peddler nobodies.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
More stories can't wait. This story might actually matter. This is the question I've always asked. Someone grew that sack of weed that some nobody bought at a festival. I don't care about the nobody and never understood why cannabis stories sound like they came from CIA operatives more than anything, always hiding the actual source of the drug and focusing on street peddler nobodies.
yesssss. in the 60's/early 70's there were no names.... good mexican, or thai, or whatever..... never remember a name....

numberguy

Nobody's like to take credit for something they had no hand in creating. And sometimes nobody's are told to keep it hush hush as to where they actually obtained it loose lips sink ships. You hear it over and over lost everything to prohibition, longevity is rare in this game. I had a hand in creating a misleading origin story, and now it may be to late to correct it, the other party may not be around anymore to collaborate the truth.

Rgd

Veteran
Last edited:

TresPlantas

its "passive aggressive” and you are allowed today what you want

Dude if you have something to say ..say it...

this thread ain’t over

got photo’s?

oh oh..now it came from Amsterdam.....

It‘s just what he said on the potcast. I mean that they are from Amsterdam makes sense since there was the only real seedbank at that time.

I‘m now relatively sure that I never had real Og Kush. The seeds from Humboldt I had back in the day were Lemon Thai/Pakistani x chemdog (sold as Og Kush). And that doesn‘t align with what people say about Og Kush. So I‘m probably not looking for Og. I ordered two packs and I will see if it‘s the same stuff I had 10 years ago…

Reactions: Rgd

midwestkid

Veteran
to throw another log of confusion onto the fire...
does anyone know the back story on the Mendo Doc's OG that Tom Hill passes around?

William76

It‘s just what he said on the potcast. I mean that they are from Amsterdam makes sense since there was the only real seedbank at that time.

I‘m now relatively sure that I never had real Og Kush. The seeds from Humboldt I had back in the day were Lemon Thai/Pakistani x chemdog (sold as Og Kush). And that doesn‘t align with what people say about Og Kush. So I‘m probably not looking for Og. I ordered two packs and I will see if it‘s the same stuff I had 10 years ago…
Lost coast og is a real nice plant but not og kush,76

JetLife175

Veteran
@JetLife175 With that as a username, have you tried the Andretti OG? Is it a legit OG or another hip hop marketing attempt, haven't been able to find any legit info on it online so far.

Don't quote me on this but I do know a little something. That it's just a renamed OG. Came out around the same time as khalifa kush. This was when rappers were having growers rename crops to promote themselves. I couldn't tell you what exactly it is but I'm pretty sure it's a renamed older OG.

midwestkid

Veteran
Docs OG is a rare dankness strain. All the pertinent info can be found on his website.
im not sure we are talking about the same strain?
im not trying to be difficult here, but do you think tom hill is passing out rare dankness seeds?

JetLife175

Veteran
im not sure we are talking about the same strain?
im not trying to be difficult here, but do you think tom hill is passing out rare dankness seeds?
There's only one line ever called docs OG and it comes from rare dankness. There was some real fire found in the first release. It's not a stretch of the imagination at all.

Rgd

Veteran
OG and it comes from rare dankness.
sure is Johnny come lately..

thats not history

yeh yeh.."its fire”[not meaning to disagree..]but its hilarious

one og came out years ago a few online people attempted to hoard it

someone got a hold of a cut and selfed it in the early 2000’s..

and those seeds went everywhere

then there were a couple ..

now theres a slew

Rgd

Veteran
docs OG and it comes from rare dankness.
and “doc”[gt ] was selling og fem seeds way way way before anyone else was ..lol

then you started to see ALL the "different names “ogs popping up

and surely NOT saying he was in on making it..

just spreading around fem seeds years before anyone that spit out beauties

but these guys are all johnny come lately's..