What's new

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mix up on Males or beans as you should be able to tell if beans as they have unique tiger stripes for each strain
Yeah had a mix up on beans and I’m growing some out to make sure I send in the right thing. They’re sitting just waiting.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol
And thats coming from someone who has mixed up his beans.

Mine are labelled the day they get bagged.

And when dealing with thousands of seeds you quicky get to know everything about them.
I bet any big named breeder who has been making beans for years with same strains can recognise his seeds

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what is the mix up big dog lol
You mixed up 2 set of beans did you ?
Lol

So you cant tell from 2 strains which is which or what is it ?

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I live in socal..

I remember going to Fairfax caregivers.. 2010.

Rolex og was 55 an 1/8..

I had only 45 for an 1/8... On the board they had 22 og strains .

2020... I received from Seedsman seeds ..

The white og..

Rolex og x the white seeds 5 seeds free

So worth the wait!

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My ex wife ran quantities of weed in and out of state for big Humboldt growers for several years. In fact she lived up there.

She would sometimes run large quantities to a big purchaser in San Francisco, that was known for having the best OG Kush. In about 2010 the buyer passed a single seed to the ex, and said it was a S1 that came out of the very best pound he had ever gotten of the old Original OG Kush. He had gone through hundreds of pounds. This was the best.

He had collected the seed up to 10 years previous, so maybe around 2000. My son got the seed to pop and grow out. The plant got big, but had medium small buds on it. The plant structure sucked bad.

( just on the other side of the plant in front)
picture.php

The plant had big kneecap things where the branches connected to the main stem. The branches would just break off and drop without any wind.

The buds were not real big, but the flavor was heavenly, and the weed was "in your face" strong.

About that time, Nevil encouraged me to get some Mango Haze going, which I did. I had a male Mango, that I hit the OG with, and got only one seed. Ive been growing the OGMango plant ever since

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=45547&pictureid=1148388

This plant will scare you, every time you smoke it

JetLife175

Veteran
My ex wife ran quantities of weed in and out of state for big Humboldt growers for several years. In fact she lived up there.

She would sometimes run large quantities to a big purchaser in San Francisco, that was known for having the best OG Kush. In about 2010 the buyer passed a single seed to the ex, and said it was a S1 that came out of the very best pound he had ever gotten of the old Original OG Kush. He had gone through hundreds of pounds. This was the best.

He had collected the seed up to 10 years previous, so maybe around 2000. My son got the seed to pop and grow out. The plant got big, but had medium small buds on it. The plant structure sucked bad.

( just on the other side of the plant in front)
View Image
The plant had big kneecap things where the branches connected to the main stem. The branches would just break off and drop without any wind.

The buds were not real big, but the flavor was heavenly, and the weed was "in your face" strong.

About that time, Nevil encouraged me to get some Mango Haze going, which I did. I had a male Mango, that I hit the OG with, and got only one seed. Ive been growing the OGMango plant ever since

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=45547&pictureid=1148388

This plant will scare you, every time you smoke it

Man I’ve seen you post this forever. Even way back when I think you first popped it over on the MNS boards. Always been interested in it. Does it lean to the OG side on taste and smell?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
It has very strong terpenes. There are a lot of both OG and ripe mango. One hit weed. First 20 minutes often has paranoia, but its managable. Combination soaring high, and also strong relaxation of chest/ heart. Room can become hazy, and deep thoughts.

When it is grown to perfection, I have people tell me its stronger then rosin. Ive grown many plants, and discarded tons, but this one is a keeper

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Hahahahaha. If the year 2000 is when it
Was “cool” then alright. Some of us have really been in these trenches for a very long time making shit happen. Don’t talk on things you don’t know.

Trenches in a semi/legal state? LMAO

Last edited:

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran

Don't talk big guerilla shit buddy, you don't even know what real "trenches" are. Some of us have been doing this shit before the wagon started rolling.

no my Wiener is bigger than yours. LOL silly shit ,

I dont know this if your not from cali dont even talk OG lol

JetLife175

Veteran

Don't talk big guerilla shit buddy, you don't even know what real "trenches" are. Some of us have been doing this shit before the wagon started rolling.

Good for you. I could care fucking less. You were the one that woke up on the wrong side of the bed and had to cheerlead for someone, when it wasn’t asked for, not even needed.

What you are doing isn’t constructive and the reason why I find myself posting less and less on here. Get your shit together bro. No one is fighting with you. You’re the only only with anything to prove it seems.

HAZENACIOUS

Hi Jetlife,
Nice thread, thank you. OG has become a fixture in my High THC genetics. My line of OG comes from Arcata from someone who claims he had it since 98, I couldn't get the actual cut from him, but I got 7 seeds from a seedline he made from crossing his OG with a line of Mendocino Purple Kush crossed to a different OG, the seed is around 75% OG, I call it OG purple OG Kush, I used a male from it to cross into some high THC cuts which became the basis for my non haze high thc males.
Anyway, the below cut is an OG purple OG Kush crossed to the Ghost train Haze #1cut, a male of which I then crossed into an incense pheno of one of my top 50% 5haze hybrids. Even though she smokes like a Haze you can really see the OG in her:

picture.php

picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont mean you can id any seed like that but seeds have shapes, tiger stripes etc etc and if its just 2 different strains you mixed up and you been working with this strain for many years and they are your seeds you made you should be able to recognise the shape, markings even amount per gram and be able to get an idea of which of the 2 it is.
If its the same mothet pollinated then the seeds will be the same so impossible thats why i asked if males were mixed up.
like i stated i don't use it like that and label my seeds the day they are bagged up but i can recognise certain markings, seed size,shape on certain strains i been working with for over a decade and counted ,sorted, cleaned and weighed 100,000's of certain mothers.

Jet life has been working with his cut for over 10 years and he doesnt recognise that seed so i just asked was it the male or Female he had mixed up and still cant answer what the mix up was ?
Lets seed some close-up pics of the 2 mixed up.

Again i can only recognise my own seed seed and only certain seed with very distinctive looks , etc as ive bagged so many over the years

Also after being sieved markings will disappear so be impossible but wen freshly harvested the seeds has very clear tiger stripes
pretty sure thats bullshit and you can only tell by lab testing, unless you have some magic powers, please share how you can tell the difference

JetLife175

Veteran
I dont mean you can id any seed like that but seeds have shapes, tiger stripes etc etc and if its just 2 different strains you mixed up and you been working with this strain for many years and they are your seeds you made you should be able to recognise the shape, markings even amount per gram and be able to get an idea of which of the 2 it is.
If its the same mothet pollinated then the seeds will be the same so impossible thats why i asked if males were mixed up.
like i stated i don't use it like that and label my seeds the day they are bagged up but i can recognise certain markings, seed size,shape on certain strains i been working with for over a decade and counted ,sorted, cleaned and weighed 100,000's of certain mothers.

Jet life has been working with his cut for over 10 years and he doesnt recognise that seed so i just asked was it the male or Female he had mixed up and still cant answer what the mix up was ?
Lets seed some close-up pics of the 2 mixed up.

Again i can only recognise my own seed seed and only certain seed with very distinctive looks , etc as ive bagged so many over the years

Also after being sieved markings will disappear so be impossible but wen freshly harvested the seeds has very clear tiger stripes

Yeah I have been working with it for a while. The seed looks like every other cross I do when I use the cut to pollinate anything. I’ve never used that as a form of identification or verification in any way. I’m sorry. I’ve definitely learned something by this post and am going to start paying closer attention.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what was the mix up , you keep trying to avoid the answer after trying to blast me ?

So what did you mix up , im all ears
And even a pic of the 2 mix ups so we can see how different the seeds look or was it a Male ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts